Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @FrumpyCat for the words and @MancBee for the nomination. Another cheeky little duo! 🎉

There were several suggestions for titles referencing ‘terminator squiggle’, but in light of recent discoveries (see from bottom of p. 46 of the previous thread), it’s perhaps not appropriate to congratulate someone so familiar with our body of work.

Brief recap of thread #114:

1. There was a photo shoot and she wore some massive trainers.

2. Ever the Benny Hill of her bubble, she thought it would be hilarious to commit a streak.

3. She made lists of foods she likes to combine together for meals. Riveting stuff.

4. She unfollowed Laura Waddell. Laura’s not bothered tho.

5. Do you know she has ADHD?

6. Oh my god she was so thrilled for Giovanna Fletcher! Did you know that dear heart Gi is her good friend?

7. She is no longer in poverty. Repeat, she is no longer in poverty. She is frugal, and she’s ok with that, thankyou and she says good day.

8. @Switchstreetz posted her brainchild, The Sloppies. Go on with your bad self, Switch! People, make your voice count and cast your vote!

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
‘I did a chaos’
‘My maverick brain’
‘My sad little face’
‘I’m BUSY’
‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
‘I laughed up a lung’

** NEW **
‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy’ and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’.

She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB.

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • ** NEW ** However, during Lockdown 2 (November 2020), a bubble buddy, ‘buddle’ (BB) came to stay with Jack. BB is pescatarian, cycles 200 miles a week, and works in London. Jack is teaching her to cook, while also using her as a figure of gentle ridicule. She cannot cook, she cannot iron, she cannot clean the television properly, she left the hose out and it got eaten by a fox, and she doesn’t know the difference between wet and dry ingredients.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
  • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 95
Wow, thank you @Pocahontas for starting the thread! Another great recap, - “Ever the Benny Hill of her bubble” 🤣
And congratulations @FrumpyCat and @MancBee , perfect, very fitting title!
Re. “recent discoveries”🤷‍♀️ sometimes I just really really miss those citrus polos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
IMG_20201206_021515~2.jpg

These photos from 2018 really highlight Jack's lip filler use.

To be clear, I generally don't care if people choose to have cosmetic surgery or fillers and I don't think that they owe anyone an explanation. Exceptions to this would be cases where people lie and create unrealistic body ideals like the Kardashian/Jenners, or in Jack's case when she's claiming to be poor and/or frugal whilst having expensive procedures , or when she claims that her fluctuating lip sizes are due to body-focused repetitive behaviours so that anyone who questions her looks like an hole.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
View attachment 336436
These photos from 2018 really highlight Jack's lip filler use.

To be clear, I generally don't care if people choose to have cosmetic surgery or fillers and I don't think that they owe anyone an explanation. Exceptions to this would be cases where people lie and create unrealistic body ideals like the Kardashian/Jenners, or in Jack's case when she's claiming to be poor and/or frugal whilst having expensive procedures , or when she claims that her fluctuating lip sizes are due to body-focused repetitive behaviours so that anyone who questions her looks like an hole.
She makes me feel denim phobic.

& every form of <hold me.gif> to this bleeping creepy tweet from the last thread (credit to @Sideboard Bob) I’d sooner Jack left a bucket of her toxic slop on my triangulated front door step tbh

7298FBBC-58E0-4BDA-AD08-3448448678A9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Yep. All I’m going to say is that if you’re a tattle member, you just don’t interact with, or mention (tagged or not), the people you discuss here on Twitter. Its a simple rule, but a good one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I don't know whether I'm naïve or what but I never get all the hints that float around here, or when people pretend to be someone else, or when people are not being truthful; I take people on face value. All this makes it really difficult for me to understand what's going on sometimes.

[QUOTE]LennyBriscoe
My husband is a builder and in that trade it’s a term of endearment. In the pre-pandemic shopping days, we’d often bump into someone he knew in Asda and they’d be “fit like (how are you) ye bleep?” loudly[/QUOTE]

When I was being interviewed for a job as a council building works scheduler, I was asked whether I minded "industrial language". It was rather interesting holding a polite conversation with a tenant through my headset while supervisors and workmen (not being sexist, the few women painters, joiners, electricians and gas engineers weren't as constantly sweary, only when required) around me flung bleep and bleeping every second word!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I’m not sure if this is new to Instagram or not but the $20 thing, which is OBVIOUS she does not do, is here now.

Anytime anyone worth their salt does a low budget shop, they show their work—otherwise no one would believe them. Sad that she’s promoting this nonsense and getting away with it, because it is dangerous the way she does(n’t) do it.

Her commitment to her lies is always obnoxious but the lies about her food budget is maddening to me. Lying liar who lies.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
don't know whether I'm naïve or what but I never get all the hints that float around here, or when people pretend to be someone else, or when people are not being truthful; I take people on face value. All this makes it really difficult for me to understand what's going on sometimes.
I don’t think you’re näive, and I can’t claim to know all the ins and outs. But it looks like the so called terminator squiggle, who went all guns blazing for JM, after having claimed to have donated a lot of money to her, is actually another one of these Twitter accounts made by people who read tattle, then take the things discussed from here, over to Twitter.
It also, looks like (this is just my conspiracy wanker theory!) there might be a member who posts here, but also still interacts with JM on Twitter.
I could be totally wrong though!

• Wow
Reactions: 45
Whilst it's quiet(ish), I just wanted to share this risible post I found on Jack's facebook.

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 03.56.51.jpg

'I'd rather be bankrupt than mercenary' - Jack Monroe, 2016.

No-one need to have feared anyway - the recipes weren't being removed, just archived.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Whilst it's quiet(ish), I just wanted to share this risible post I found on Jack's facebook.

View attachment 336461

No-one need to have feared anyway - the recipes weren't being removed, just archived.
Yeah, that is absolutely insufferable. As many have stated most people’s recipe pages, budget, extravagant, whatever—are free!!!!

Reactions: 34
Yeah, that is absolutely insufferable. As many have stated most people’s recipe pages, budget, extravagant, whatever—are free!!!!
And the funny thing is (which just shows how disingenuous she was being), she's clearly deleted a lot of the recipes she put up since then.

Untitled.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 04.43.34.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
What’s also funny (but not) about the $20 shop for 3 people—isn’t she always saying she’s trying to help people? If that were the case there would be a ton more information about it. You’d be showing people the ins and outs, every snack and meal, how you use items at their best not when they are on life support and gross to cook with. Nothing ever really makes much sense. Some people will take it as their personal failing that they can’t achieve it, even though in reality they might be better at all of it than her!

That’s why people who do it better than her do it completely differently. The number one thing—if they are giving a dollar number on a budget they are very transparent about it.

Jack literally is like: yes I’m so good at this because I’ve been doing it forever and I’m so good with money blah blah. But she leaves it at that. No real help at all. Just subpar food and lies. It’s all horseshit.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
The £20 a week shop for 3 people isn't even that anyway when bb and sb don't spend the entire week with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Spoiler: ED discussion
As someone with an ED history, I also worry that the $20/£20 shop could be used as a ‘socially acceptable’ way to do extreme low calorie? Or that people might start it with trying to save $ but it then becoming extremely dangerous from a nutrition perspective, not getting sufficient calories. And also with the way Jack promotes things.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

View attachment 336461

''most of my work is completely unpaid'' - But, but but...Ah I just can't be arsed, it's too early.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.