Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, my first thought was “cabbage stew back on the menu”...the grown up kids could be a fact thrown in to get people off the scent
I promise I will stop commenting from the past BUT I can’t come back at her so I have to do it to you bunch of ninnies...
I’m an interior designer and you DO NOT find chesterfields for less than a few hundred pounds.
I was going to say like le crueset in charity shops but I did get a load of that in TKmax once for less than £20. But real chesterfields? NOPE. Just nope.
My in-laws bought a Chesterfield at a street sale for £50 and I picked up genuine le creuset at a car boot sale for a tenner, but all my other 'le creuset' is very fake... I always feel bad for hoping they'll leave the chesterfield to us though...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You’re welcome. A recipe for toast!

-Two slices of standard bread
-Some lard (or butter, if you’re dripping in cash! Ooh, or maybe dripping?)
-A smudge of a laissez faire attitude to what constitutes ‘a meal’

Arrange your bread for toasting in the usual fashion, either military-round-the-edges erect in a toaster or laid out flat under the grill like a sunbathing maverick. Allow this process to continue until the ‘toast’ is as bronzed as the complexion of your next executive-level, romantic prey. Now get the butter lard dripping and smear seductively over your crispy, tanned marvels, making sure to get to the edge of each of the little scamps. Finally, place evocatively onto a high-end plate of your choice, retreat to a contemplative nook and devour with all the lascivious gusto you can muster. 😝🥰
Thanks so much for this, it’s amazing, not everyone’s able to cook. I don’t have bread, can I use beans? What temperature should I set the toaster to? I have some car oil, would that work for dripping? Thanks in advance. Do have a tip jar?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Her 'thinning' hair really winds me up. Mine is falling out at a rate that upsets me a lot and if I put it in a ponytail it's about as thick as a toddler's. I use special shampoo (in a recognisable bottle, not some fancy thing with a Dymo label on) and I can feel regrowth coming through, but running my hands through my hair will always cause a few strands to come out, never mind all the ones on my clothes, in my brush and everywhere else.

There is nothing wrong with her sodding hair.
I'm really sorry.
I hope I haven't upset you by being so flippant.
I know how she enrages me with her ADHD/ASD bollocks.
Again, apologies.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Thanks so much for this, it’s amazing, not everyone’s able to cook. I don’t have bread, can I use beans? What temperature should I set the toaster to? I have some car oil, would that work for dripping? Thanks in advance. Do have a tip jar?
I don’t have bread, can I use beans? Absolutely x
What temperature should I set the toaster to? A rolling simmer
I have some car oil, would that work for dripping? Absolutely. There is no difference between them!
Do have a tip jar? I do! The going rate is £1425 but I can take that in curtains, emins and fine porcelain x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I'm really sorry.
I hope I haven't upset you by being so flippant.
I know how she enrages me with her ADHD/ASD bollocks.
Again, apologies.
No, please don't apologise. I'm sorry if I gave you the impression you'd done something to upset me.

She's the one with the pretend ailments to cover anything unpleasant or stupid she may have done. She winds me up beyond belief sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Here it is...

Edit:
Nooooooo the link isn't working for me, maybe because I'm in Ireland?
The typo in the name has turned it from a hilarious (?) pun on linguine to a disturbing pun on lingerie...yet more come to bed pasta? 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
The typo in the name has turned it from a hilarious (?) pun on linguine to a disturbing pun on lingerie...yet more come to bed pasta? 🤢
It's more "sit on the loo" than come to bed. Even if you're able to control your gag reflex long enough to swallow something with such a vile name it just screams involuntary both ends drama. So I'm out.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
42 seconds into Lingreenie and she’s already talking about the funk she was in.

Jack is actually a real life David Brent, it’s almost like she’s mockumenting a cooking segment on national television it comes across as that absurd.

I’m only watching for the pasta.

Eamonn after watching Jack force pasta further down into the pan. She is cringeworthy.

39C3D836-E901-4442-82F2-A2EADC589AFE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I’m still in the dark. Enlightenment would be welcome.
I'm still not entirely sure what's happening but there was a person on here who had a Mars bar as their avatar.
They lost the run of themselves one night and I tried to be kind. (Felt a right prick after that)
They came back and blamed it on booze.
Then they turned out to be really quite awful.

ETA.. It seems that this person may have gone rogue on Twitter.
Someone, please correct me if I've got it all wrong.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Catching up on THAT MANs new christmas show. Just chuckled again at her version of shed cooking. What was she thinking? 🤣

Also. I cannot stand JO. But his shows are good.

Reactions: 19
IMG_20201206_215449_1.jpg

This is in the Dundee Homecraft book. It's actually quite a good book!... I could drop one on ... The Doorstep?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I'm still not entirely sure what's happening but there was a person on here who had a Mars bar as their avatar.
They lost the run of themselves one night and I tried to be kind. (Felt a right prick after that)
They came back and blamed it on booze.
Then they turned out to be really quite awful.

ETA.. It seems that this person may have gone rogue on Twitter.
Someone, please correct me if I've got it all wrong.
Hope you've got your court outfit ready...how about this nice national pride option? (Jack is always putting crisps in sandwiches, so it fits)

tayto-irish-halloween-costume-ideas-576x1024.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Her 'thinning' hair really winds me up. Mine is falling out at a rate that upsets me a lot and if I put it in a ponytail it's about as thick as a toddler's. I use special shampoo (in a recognisable bottle, not some fancy thing with a Dymo label on) and I can feel regrowth coming through, but running my hands through my hair will always cause a few strands to come out, never mind all the ones on my clothes, in my brush and everywhere else.

There is nothing wrong with her sodding hair.
Can I ask what shampoo you’re using? Mine is very thin.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
All I can say is (hello, everyone!) that it takes a lot of sucking to get someone out of lurkdom after 112 threads. Been there almost right from the start, now so mad I could spit, Jack is really and truly repulsive. The end.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.