Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did! I searched for when you were last active like a right creepy troll. Your Detective skills were needed! 😂
Oh, my lovely Silver. Let me remind you that I was the last person on this forum that realised Saturn was a man. My skills are certainly special.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I did! I searched for when you were last active like a right creepy troll. Your Detective skills were needed! 😂

It doesn't take a great detective to work out that Kirsty is sending signals to her favourite member on Tattle. Much deserved recognition for a legend.

1607285615127.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Meat is actually what mincemeat was made of historically. It was during the Victorian period that the meat was increasingly edited out. You see a lot of 19th century recipes that have halfmeat/half fruit. But by the 20th century it increasingly became only fruit.

Back in medieval times, garlic and onion were lower class flavours whereas things seasoned with ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, etc etc were for upper class people. Because spices came from far away you had to be fancy to use them - or they were a special ingredient you'd only use for celebrations (like christmas). As a result, if you were a medieval upper-class person, your savoury food, like stews or pies etc, would have been flavoured with things we associate more with sweets.

I watched a documentary on this a while back. I can't remember what channel, who the presentor was, but they recreated quite a lot of dishes.
If you like trivia like this, read Scoff by Pen Vogler. It’s such a fab read about the relationship between food and class.

The chapters are short too. Which is a bonus as this year has wrecked my concentration!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Found Tattle because of Sali Hughes. I’ve always preferred to make up my own mind about things, so wanted to read some threads about people whom I’ve felt taken in by or somehow shilled by (DMBL40). Saw the meeeeeelions of thread about Jackie and couldn’t resist a gander as I’d always thought she was full of tit. Turns out I was right all along. Love it when I get to do the ‘I told you so’ dance!
I got ripped off in one of the Kickstarters for a book, which two years later hadn’t materialised (I‘d had a lot of rude messages to backers who were asking for their money back, though). I then realised that she was a total wrong ‘un and Google pointed me in this direction.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
It doesn't take a great detective to work out that Kirsty is sending signals to her favourite member on Tattle. Much deserved recognition for a legend.

View attachment 337122
I still remember with horror the morning Jack put it in a tweet. I was talking to someone and glancing at my phone and literally slowly stopped speaking like a soap character.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I often look up members when I realise they haven't been around, and I worry each time that someone else will click on my name and catch me 'currently viewing' another poster! Worse still if it happened to be their profile I was nosing at! Cringe 😬😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Here it is...

Edit:
Nooooooo the link isn't working for me, maybe because I'm in Ireland?
Oh thank you dear heart! I actually thought she did better than I expected but then my bar is very low for her. I did have to walk around my house (RENTED) whilst it was playing as I couldn’t look directly at it because of cringing

• Haha
Reactions: 22
i assumed she was banned which is good because that was totally out of order, she always said creepy stuff about Jack's living situation and her avatar made me want to puke
On a grunk so apologies if the convo has moved on but that person even made me feel a bit uncomfortable and I'm the least observant person in the world for that kind of thing, i never understand the crisp situations normally!

• Sad
Reactions: 39
I promise I will stop commenting from the past BUT I can’t come back at her so I have to do it to you bunch of ninnies...
I’m an interior designer and you DO NOT find chesterfields for less than a few hundred pounds.
I was going to say like le crueset in charity shops but I did get a load of that in TKmax once for less than £20. But real chesterfields? NOPE. Just nope.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
On a grunk so apologies if the convo has moved on but that person even made me feel a bit uncomfortable and I'm the least observant person in the world for that kind of thing, i never understand the crisp situations normally!
Think I'm obviously even slower - feel like Homer Simpson being asked, while attached to a lie detector, if he understands what they're talking about and when he says yes the machine blows up. Who are we talking about? Do remember that apparent irish lady, who talked a lot about Eamon Holmes, is it her?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Does anyone have a link to her lingreenie This Morning performance? Have searched YouTube and can’t find? Christmas blessings to whoever can provide such entertainment x
methinks ITV have done their very best to erase it from history.
Am sure some Fraus have receipts x

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Also, and forgive me if I’m wrong here since I’m from the US (the gun hating part that swears a lot—there’s a lot of us), but most western countries actually have some of the cheapest food in the world. It seems expensive though because wages have not risen with inflation. Housing has skyrocketed in many parts of the US, especially big cities, but we notice food because it’s something we are intricately aware of due to needing it everyday and shopping for it at least once a week. It’s also one of the few things somewhat in our control in our budgets. Housing/insurance/fuel are fixed costs.

It’s not about the cost of a value range, it’s the bigger picture—unfettered capitalism allows the rich to get richer while the middle class disappears and the poor suffer the most being pushed to where no humans in a rich society should be (nor anyone in any society but that’s a much more complicated discussion).

Fixating on the cost of a can of beans in my opinion is not only rudimentary, but it distracts from the big picture which is fat cats line their pockets, evade taxes and prosper in direct proportion to the suffering of others.
No sure why you quoted me there but I agree 👍🏼

Reactions: 8
Doesn't her hair look thin and patchy, like it's falling out in handfuls 🙄
I have to admit I am very envious of Jack’s hair, growing so quickly & evenly, mine is like baldy man from hamlet ad 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Finally, I’ve triangulated something!!

The Ty beanie baby keyring is a current McDonald’s happy meal toy!

I wonder if that came out of the £20 shop?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Think I'm obviously even slower - feel like Homer Simpson being asked, while attached to a lie detector, if he understands what they're talking about and when he says yes the machine blows up. Who are we talking about? Do remember that apparent irish lady, who talked a lot about Eamon Holmes, is it her?
Far be it from me to bore anyone but this may help (since the cops are on my tail anyway)

https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-115-i-cant-work-out-the-timeline.11971/post-3105867

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
From so far above her head, not a bald or thin patch of hair can be seen...
Her 'thinning' hair really winds me up. Mine is falling out at a rate that upsets me a lot and if I put it in a ponytail it's about as thick as a toddler's. I use special shampoo (in a recognisable bottle, not some fancy thing with a Dymo label on) and I can feel regrowth coming through, but running my hands through my hair will always cause a few strands to come out, never mind all the ones on my clothes, in my brush and everywhere else.

There is nothing wrong with her sodding hair.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.