Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spam and clam! Slopbot trying to make the recipes rhyme now😂View attachment 335417

Found this book on amazon whilst looking at gift ideas and the recipes, looks like Jack is trying to get all in their niche. The recipes can't be anywhere as bad as hers though.View attachment 335418
Slopbot has really excelled with this one absolutely hooting!
at least with that there are individual identifiable ingredients Unlike slop o matic

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I wish she'd duck off with the no butter bullshit.
Blue Band margarine, mate.
Try that tit on for size. Back then it genuinely tasted like melted carrier bags.
I have no idea if it still exists. I live in Ireland where we 'grow' the best butter in the world!
My sister and I couldn't wait to go to our Grandparents for the holidays so we could have butter again.
(We were taken away from them and given to our inadequate mother because some judge decided 'children need to be with their mother...' Bet he had butter, the bleep.)

ETA.. It looked like this and was probably still 100% better than lard!
The butter thing really boils my piss. I grew up in a working class household, never destitute but always having to buy cheap. We never had butter, only marge, and it was...fine? We made do. The fact she was so aghast at having to downgrade from butter shows yet again that she was never truly in poverty, just an entitled middle class twit who was down on her luck for a few months.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
The butter thing really boils my piss. I grew up in a working class household, never destitute but always having to buy cheap. We never had butter, only marge, and it was...fine? We made do. The fact she was so aghast at having to downgrade from butter shows yet again that she was never truly in poverty, just an entitled middle class twit who was down on her luck for a few months.
Exactly this.

Reactions: 32
I wish she'd duck off with the no butter bullshit.
Blue Band margarine, mate.
Try that tit on for size. Back then it genuinely tasted like melted carrier bags.
I have no idea if it still exists. I live in Ireland where we 'grow' the best butter in the world!
My sister and I couldn't wait to go to our Grandparents for the holidays so we could have butter again.
(We were taken away from them and given to our inadequate mother because some judge decided 'children need to be with their mother...' Bet he had butter, the bleep.)

ETA.. It looked like this and was probably still 100% better than lard!
I remember Blue Band marg, it's what we had in my house growing up.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
We had Flora marg. We weren't too poor we couldn't afford butter, I think my mum thought it was better for you at the time? I'll ask her later how she could deprive me so!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Butter was actually one of our food luxurys as a kid, my mum scraped on other things to ensure we had proper butter as she hated margarine.

We didn't get alot of fancy food growing up but it was always homemade and nutritious as possible, we ate alot of meat, potato and veg dinners.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
We had Flora marg. We weren't too poor we couldn't afford butter, I think my mum thought it was better for you at the time? I'll ask her later how she could deprive me so!
Same. I was convinced for years I hated butter but had a major plot twist in my early 20s when I realised it was just margarine I couldn't stand the taste of. Expect more details to be revealed in my upcoming blog post, 'Turnips'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
In the old days (1970s) marg was the thing, butter was on the wain. We had blue band or flora. Both of which treated like Axle grease.

Now we eat butter spread, the lidl one is nice and reasonably priced.

Reactions: 18
A bit behind but about the ADHD statements, I am currently in the process of collecting evidence for a referral to the ADHD clinic for an assessment.

I have been told if I do not have enough evidence to show how ADHD symptoms have affected my life then the psychiatrist won’t be able to accept my referral. Thankfully I have lots of old school reports but I have also been advised to get statements from my parents and partner. It ain’t fun to read your partner’s writing on how tit you are at stuff but I appreciate him doing it. With my parents it’s like blood from a stone. I don’t particularly enjoy reminding them of my teenage duck ups either.

I can’t imagine how I would get my loved ones to do this for me without telling them what it was for!!!

I feel slightly indulgent writing about myself here. I do find it hard to read Jack going on about ADHD. I don’t doubt she has it, but I do resent the way she talks about it and uses it as an excuse. Doesn’t exactly fill me with hope!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Same. I was convinced for years I hated butter but had a major plot twist in my early 20s when I realised it was just margarine I couldn't stand the taste of. Expect more details to be revealed in my upcoming blog post, 'Turnips'.
‘Margarine (Or “You don’t Jack cook when you’re sensible”)’

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.