Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The butter thing really boils my piss. I grew up in a working class household, never destitute but always having to buy cheap. We never had butter, only marge, and it was...fine? We made do. The fact she was so aghast at having to downgrade from butter shows yet again that she was never truly in poverty, just an entitled middle class twit who was down on her luck for a few months.
Love this. We were in a similar situation to your family by the sounds of it but I never once felt “my life is so tit, my mum put Vitalite on my sandwiches”. This time of year always makes me think of my mum saving all year to make sure my brother and I had lovely gifts to open. We had the same decorations for loads of years and would share advent calendar between the two of us but so what?!

Money is very important to my brother, but then he’s a twit. I reckon he’d shake a tip jar if he thought he’d get away with it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
The butter thing really boils my piss. I grew up in a working class household, never destitute but always having to buy cheap. We never had butter, only marge, and it was...fine? We made do. The fact she was so aghast at having to downgrade from butter shows yet again that she was never truly in poverty, just an entitled middle class twit who was down on her luck for a few months.
😂 Same! To be honest, even now I don’t really care, I’ll just buy marge. I think this just proves that she doesn’t actually know what it’s like to be living on the breadline. I’ve never commented on here before and don’t follow her that closely, but something that’s always stood out to me is how a lot of the stuff she recommends doing are things that take quite a bit of time. Does she think that people have huge amounts of time to go and shop the supermarket reduced stand in the evening?

Reactions: 45
She really has food issues.
Who thinks “hmm not enough pennies for butter, what SHALL we do? Oh I know, lard”
As a lifelong vegetarian (did I mention?) I’ve never had the option of using dripping on smartprice cheese butties 😰

Reactions: 31
Frauen, please raise your glasses for I bring to you seasonal griftings of great joy...

I Wish It Could Be Griftmas Every Day

Are you ready frauen? (Yeah)
When the Tattlers bring receipts
To highlight Jack's deceit
They put a great big smile upon the frauen's face

When you jump into a thread
You must grunka through instead
Don't miss DKL or Kittengate,
And THAT MAN on a plate it's on the way...

Oh well I wish it could be Griftmas everyday
When the tip jar rattles and patreons start to pay
Oh I wish it could be Griftmas everyday
Let the slop ring out for Griftmas

When she's dishing out the snark
Because the crappy bungalow is cold and dark
Then Pinnochio's nose is gonna light her merry way

Now her dirty paws appear
On a bowl of pig's bollocks and ears
So she streaks by the fire
Till her Bubble Buddy runs away

When the Tattlers bring receipts (When the Tattlers bring receipts)
To highlight Jack's deceit (to highlight Jack's deceit)

So when Jackie blends her slop (Jackie blends her slop)
Bring a bucket and damp cloth (better bring a bucket and damp cloth)
For her anchioade and mussel pear surprise
Is on the way...

Why don't you give up...your lieeesss fo-or-or-or-or Griftmassssss...?

I THANK YOU.
Genius! Hahaha!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I think that every word from JM is possibly a lie and nothing she says can be trusted. She is nothing but a bag of contradictions. She manipulates the vulnerable to lie her own pockets and and boost her ego. We have endless examples on these pages.

The Scotsman article was excellent. I don't think it will be her downfall, but her cards have been marked. I imagine the jist of that article has circulated around relevant media, charity and food organisations, who probably will begin to distance themselves from her.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
We just always had marge. I'm an 80s kid, and it was thought to be healthier in those days. Butter's a pain in the arse, it's rock solid in the fridge, and no chance where I am of leaving it out.
I suppose it needs that cold slab in the larder in ye olde days. Now if its in the fridge, it's rock hard and destroys your bread, and if you leave it out, it's too soft.

Reactions: 13
Oooh I would love a SlopBot enamel pin? And then if we should ever cross paths we can nod knowingly to each other as we reach for the same sideboard as yell, “duck off!” to each other.
Watched parts of Jack’s Happy Mum Happy Baby thing. Very sad and strange. She assures G that her family gave her love, food and shelter as if it’s almost a surprise...but they were also employed as foster parents! That’s the bare minimum. And saying that she’s surprised by how affectionate SB is and it surprised her. I know not every parent has to be cuddly and at the mercy of every adoring child but it just made me a little sad, especially as it is out there on the internet for him and his peers to see.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
My mum actually bought me Jacks’s first book back when I first moved out and I did really appreciate it back then while I found my feet and worked out my budget. As I’ve said I don’t follow her that closely and haven’t really read this forum before, but is she not just out to make money. I do appreciate her message, but i just get the feeling she’s just saying all this stuff to sell more of her books

Reactions: 22
I think that every word from JM is possibly a lie and nothing she says can be trusted. She is nothing but a bag of contradictions. She manipulates the vulnerable to lie her own pockets and and boost her ego. We have endless examples on these pages.

The Scotsman article was excellent. I don't think it will be her downfall, but her cards have been marked. I imagine the jist of that article has circulated around relevant media, charity and food organisations, who probably will begin to distance themselves from her.
Agree, one swallow doesn't make a summer but it gives people an angle on the subject that isn't going after St Slop directly and hopefully inspires further articles. I think Jack is too fly to leave herself open to a grand comeuppance but hopefully she'll gradually fade away as more people get wise to her. There'll be periodic "I'm not poor now" tweets swiftly followed by HAVE YOU SEEN MY POTATOES AND THEIR TIP JAR to keep the cash flowing for a while yet.

• Heart
Frauen, please raise your glasses for I bring to you seasonal griftings of great joy...

I Wish It Could Be Griftmas Every Day

Are you ready frauen? (Yeah)
When the Tattlers bring receipts
To highlight Jack's deceit

When you jump into a thread
You must grunka through instead
Don't miss DKL or Kittengate,
And THAT MAN on a plate it's on the way...

When she's dishing out the snark
Because the crappy bungalow is cold and dark
Then Pinnochio's nose is gonna light her merry way

Now her dirty paws appear
On a bowl of pig's bollocks and ears
So she streaks by the fire
Till her Bubble Buddy runs away

When the Tattlers bring receipts (When the Tattlers bring receipts)
To highlight Jack's deceit (to highlight Jack's deceit)

So when Jackie blends her slop (Jackie blends her slop)
Bring a bucket and damp cloth (better bring a bucket and damp cloth)
For her anchioade and mussel pear surprise
Is on the way...

Why don't you give up...your lieeesss fo-or-or-or-or Griftmassssss...?

I THANK YOU.
Today is truly a blessed day.

Oooh I would love a SlopBot enamel pin? And then if we should ever cross paths we can nod knowingly to each other as we reach for the same sideboard as yell, “duck off!” to each other.
Watched parts of Jack’s Happy Mum Happy Baby thing. Very sad and strange. She assures G that her family gave her love, food and shelter as if it’s almost a surprise...but they were also employed as foster parents! That’s the bare minimum. And saying that she’s surprised by how affectionate SB is and it surprised her. I know not every parent has to be cuddly and at the mercy of every adoring child but it just made me a little sad, especially as it is out there on the internet for him and his peers to see.
I would LOVE a Slopbot pin, maybe the proceeds could go to the Trussell Trust, or another nominated organisation voted by cabal and Vlad?

• Heart
Reactions: 49
My mum actually bought me Jacks’s first book back when I first moved out and I did really appreciate it back then while I found my feet and worked out my budget. As I’ve said I don’t follow her that closely and haven’t really read this forum before, but is she not just out to make money. I do appreciate her message, but i just get the feeling she’s just saying all this stuff to sell more of her books
She’s not arsed about books; she released one this year and barely did any promotion. She wants to bypass any efforts on her part and just have people send money to her PayPal

Reactions: 48
She’s not arsed about books; she released one this year and barely did any promotion. She wants to bypass any efforts on her part and just have people send money to her PayPal
That’s what I thought to be honest. I came to this page cos I really don’t understand what it is that she does? Is she an author, is she a journalist, is she an influencer? I just don’t get it 😂

Reactions: 32
Today is truly a blessed day.

I would LOVE a Slopbot pin, maybe the proceeds could go to the Trussell Trust, or another nominated organisation voted by cabal and Vlad?
Any organisation that has NO links to Jack.. I wouldn't want her claiming any kind of kudos from us.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
That’s what I thought to be honest. I came to this page cos I really don’t understand what it is that she does? Is she an author, is she a journalist, is she an influencer? I just don’t get it 😂
She’s a grifter manic pixie dream girl, welcome aboard

• Haha
Reactions: 29
How scary is your avatar? 😱
Cabal - I ventured into another thread today and I’m honestly just so relieved to be back here. It’s scary out there. Can absolutely see why people think Tattle is a horrible place.

Please send pictures of doggos, cattos or you can post me letters telling me I’m amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think she started out genuine if a little prone to exaggeration at times. Since releasing her first book she seems to have developed a horrendous sense of entitlement and what appears to be an addiction to attention. In terms of what is supposed to be her main job as a food writer, I think she's lost interest in it and now just churns out increasingly ghastly recipes that are barely proofread.

She colours in wallpaper with her own special pens that no one else is allowed to touch.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.