Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slopbot on a teatowel? Proceeds to fare share as per dear heart and king of Herren Marcus Rashford?
I bet vistaprint do them 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I think she started out genuine if a little prone to exaggeration at times. Since releasing her first book she seems to have developed a horrendous sense of entitlement and what appears to be an addiction to attention. In terms of what is supposed to be her main job as a food writer, I think she's lost interest in it and now just churns out increasingly ghastly recipes that are barely proofread.
Yes this sums up what I think about her now. I really do believe in the message that she tries to convey but I don’t think she even cares that much anymore. Everything seems a bit self righteous on her Twitter and that’s why I have become slightly confused by what her aim is.

Reactions: 22
I had no idea that having butter was such a delineator of the rich and poor!

When I was living at home we only ever had vitalite (we were not poor). Even when I moved out it didn't occur to me to buy butter, I'd never had it for toast or sandwiches. Only started buying it when I moved in with my partner, at which point I was the poorest I'd ever been (and still not poor in comparison to people in true poverty). Clearly I'd got it the wrong way round! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 30
On a massive GL as I have been BUSY and @TurnedUpInTipp every post of yours makes me smile.

As someone who has worked with adults with challenging mental health for all my working life I honestly feel for anyone who has a behaviour or condition that she has used as an excuse. People have personalities and choices and are not defined by a diagnosis. Sometimes the two interrupt one another but not all of the bleeping time.

As a scousehouse Frau Ill admit to a pink Razz membership card, hating Chippy Tits and seeing Degsy in Tesco Mather Ave recently (in my opinion he has had a full on face lift and looks like he's in wind tunnel).

Lets not get onto Steves v Chris's.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm like 20 pages behind so hope this isn't a weird time to come in but:

THE SLOPPIES ARE NOW LIVE
(At least I think, hope and pray they are anyway)

please tell me if it doesn't work

I've tried it on a laptop and an android smartphone and it seems to be working!

Winners will go up on Tattle, not sure of date yet but im thinking close submissions Tuesday 15th Dec & announce on thread Sunday 20th? (Taking feedback on this though, obviously we need to pick a specific time and then be about half an hour late as well, in true JM fashion)
I had so much fun filling this is! This, and the iconic slopbot really put JM to shame, in how well put together they are.
Like everyone else, I loved the write-ups for each award, and the perfect gif use, but also the tiny little details 🤫 (for anyone whose not cast their votes yet!) you made it even funnier than it needs to be!

Also 👏👏👏👏👏 @Winthropp Tuesday !! I love it when a thread has a song!! 💃

(sorry if this is like Mackie with the blue tickers, its all genuine praise though)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It is a pity Jack reads here as we could pull off a sting otherwise. @traumatised sideboard could copyright Slopbot and create a lot of high end expensive merchandise. Then we would have to get it trending on Twittter, convince some blue tickers to buy some pieces to show off and then Jack would see it and have to buy some merch. The caveat would have to be that it is not purchased with patreon/tip jar funds. We could even personalize Jack's order with hand stitched/engraved 'now duck off thankyou' and similar such phrases. She would be so happy with her expensive purchase and show it off on Twitter at which point we screenshot like crazy, point and laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
@Universal I'm delighted I can give you a smile.
I worked with challenging kids, kids like me. Hoping to 'model' the best of who we can be, not just the label.
Thank you for what you do. I know it's not an easy day at work.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Ah, that'll be the military around the edges.

(I actually had to Google yomping. As I'm sure she did before tweeting)
Well, it probably wouldn't have come from her father, who was army and it is Royal Marine slang for a fully loaded march over terrain. It came into wider knowledge during the Falklands War when they had to yomp from Ajax Bay to Stanley after the landing craft had been lost at Bluff Cove. I think her father was in the fire service by then. As usual, she gets it wrong....

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I've just Googled "Custom enamel pins to your design", and the first company on the list is called....."Made By Cooper". He's one step ahead of us!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Lets not get onto Steves v Chris's.
Careful, we don’t want you-know-who claiming “skin in the game” through her heritage
Actually I can’t think that she’s particularly popular in Liverpool, and it’s not a market I’d recommend she tries to conquer.

Also - Wu Tan Scran is my current chippy of choice. 100% vegan 🔺me

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I forgot to nominate autocarrot as honorary Frau for the tireless work also 🙄🤢🤮 who put in many hours.

autocarrot didn’t my thankyous earlier, but I spotted them, but then snuck eyelets passed me instead of eyewets

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yes this sums up what I think about her now. I really do believe in the message that she tries to convey but I don’t think she even cares that much anymore. Everything seems a bit self righteous on her Twitter and that’s why I have become slightly confused by what her aim is.
Her aim is to try and make money and get attention while doing as little as possible.

I don't have any of them but other fraus seem to think her books tend to be cobbled together with not much recipe testing. They either take forever to come out (the kickstarter) or she brings out several in quick succession. She seems to struggle with the long slog of developing a good product, preferring to 'bang things out' and hoping that she can then put her feet up and just watch the money come in.

Reactions: 28
Well, it probably wouldn't have come from her father, who was army and it is Royal Marine slang for a fully loaded march over terrain. It came into wider knowledge during the Falklands War when they had to yomp from Ajax Bay to Stanley after the landing craft had been lost at Bluff Cove. I think her father was in the fire service by then. As usual, she gets it wrong....
Ack, it's got more to do with Andy McNab and Chris Ryan books. Once they were published, there was an explosion in blokes trying to impress you in bars about their extensive military knowledge. You might say they would describe themselves as a bit 'military round the edges'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Careful, we don’t want you-know-who claiming “skin in the game” through her heritage
Actually I can’t think that she’s particularly popular in Liverpool, and it’s not a market I’d recommend she tries to conquer.

❤BYRNES🔺

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I dont think we, as a city, are her audience.

Vlad says Ill see you in the queue for Wu Tan Scran one day with your slopbot badge while you throw yourself on the floor waling and gnawing should they sell out of jackfruit pancakes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.