Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OT but I've just been on Twitter to try and decipher chippytits. If I've got this right it's Liverpool mayor Joe Anderson's nickname because he likes fast food and has moobs.
I also came across quite a funny wee reface video which reminded me of Alan's cheeky little gifs. We've had Jack as Dr evil haven't we?
Back on topic Jack is as cunty as ever.

We have indeed

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I'm already feeling fragile this week and this is starting to tip me over the edge again.

I score very highly on all publicly available tests for Inattentive ADHD and borderline autism. According to the NHS psychiatrist I saw I can't have ADHD because I'm not hyperactive... I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder due to - according to the answer to my complaint which I had to send via the Medical Director - my 'suicidal ideation' despite my having stated clearly to them that I have never been suicidal despite self-harming as a coping mechanism. My application for access to the autism diagnosis pathway was refused on the grounds that this had never been brought up during all the years I had attended various counselling etc despite the psychiatrist originally bringing it up and counselling never having helped a thing. I asked to see someone as antidepressants and counselling hadn't worked after 30 odd years! Compliance previously was also brought up as a black mark against me despite lateness and confusing dates, forgetting appointments etc being part of my problems.

I have been signed off work since February after an almost complete breakdown and Occupational Health insisting that my doctor signed me off. They then recommended that I be assessed for medical retirement. Another OH doctor did this as a paper exercise without talking to me and concluded that I wasn't fit for work but wasn't permanently unfit as with mental health assistance I could improve. That would be the mental health assistance that I have been fighting for years to access (I was given my diagnosis and discharged without even an explanatory leaflet or any contact information) and even got to the stage of seriously considering faking a high profile suicide attempt at the Road Bridge or wherever to get some help. If I go back to work, it will happen again and again and again if I cannot access the help that my local MH team are dead set against giving.

Yet twit can swan in to see her private doctor thanks to her money and buy herself a diagnosis and drugs to suit her pleas of she can't help it, despite the drugs which should supposedly control her behaviour.

I'm broken
Dear Blurp,
this sounds like a terrible rollercoaster to be on. I can imagine how desperate you feel now but I am full of hope for you that a very capable person in the health service system can work something out for you that gets you on the right track. My friend got thrown around like this for a while but she eventually got the help that was right for her. Please don't despair. And please don't let what we discuss here affect you to make it all worse. Imagine how the coven is going for a long walk with sheep Nibbles and her mates, making insider jokes, giggling and laughing like hyenas. The latter is my favourite thought on a sad day.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Okay, the “to reiterate” gaslighting has enraged me and I’m feeling slightly fixated but had to google jack + butter for my own sanity, to find those woe-is-butterless-me tweets but found this hilarious article instead. Kinda explains the butter angle. It’s called Poverty: The Butter Test. Apologies if this article has been shared before.

Memorably section:

“Monroe is now largely vegan, but she remembers the moment she first realised she was "properly poor" - and it involved butter. "It wasn't that I'd had the heating off for a year, it wasn't that I couldn't replace the light bulbs in my hallway, and it wasn't that I'd basically sold everything me and my son owned to try and pay the rent...”

“It was when I was in the supermarket and realised I couldn't afford to buy butter any more - I lost my s***. I was like, 'That's it, I'm properly poor now, I can't afford butter', and I refused to buy margarine. That was my rock bottom. It was the last luxury to go. I gave up heating and lighting before I gave up my weekly block of butter. I realised if I put that back, I could have an extra bag of pasta, a tin of carrots and some button mushrooms. It was awful - I bought some 40p lard for cooking with and was slightly disgusted with myself."

I guess I’m not properly poor. Got butter in the fridge. Good lord.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
@Blurp God knows what happened to my earlier post, please remember she isn't important enough to take up space in your head . Also please be kind to yourself , which is about the best advice I ever got from a MH team. That and you don't have to speak to difficult members of your family when you are on your knees

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Too short.
Look at the little squiggles with their squiggle friends

Don’t get me wrong, good work is done here. Good work is also done elsewhere. It is a team effort. We should be mindful to not patronise others on the same page.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I keep thinking of Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Actually, what the Squiggle is saying is almost word for word what I wrote earlier...😳. I just want to say....it isnae me!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
If just one squiggle would tag DHOTYA ("Didn't Happen of the Year Awards") in the comments I would make us all an enormous, buttery bucket of popcorn. It would bring a throng of pitchfork-wielding and utterly tact-free sceptics down on Jack's head. I'm not generally a fan of their piling-on ways but in this case it would be excellently karmic.

Edit: apologies, was grunking (permanent state of grunk these days, innit?). @Flash123 got there first.
Don’t worry! This thread is an eternal grunk today. I hadn’t checked since last night and have just read terminator squiggle posts and haven’t read the article yet and I have pages to go on here and I am thinking this could finally be the moment...... she is actually being called out.... anyway another 8 pages to go and I will see where we are at this evening!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The Origin Story of No Butter. With thanks to our revered @silverlinings keeper of the most receipts.
Please note that the budget couldn’t stretch to it. She’s fine. She’s coping.
Thank you and thank you. These are the tweets that finally made me question things. I’m now shocked I wasn’t questioning things before. She’s quite good at keep sympathy on her side.

Also “soft and sloppy” mayo eggs 🤢

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Okay, the “to reiterate” gaslighting has enraged me and I’m feeling slightly fixated but had to google jack + butter for my own sanity, to find those woe-is-butterless-me tweets but found this hilarious article instead. Kinda explains the butter angle. It’s called Poverty: The Butter Test. Apologies if this article has been shared before.

Memorably section:

“Monroe is now largely vegan, but she remembers the moment she first realised she was "properly poor" - and it involved butter. "It wasn't that I'd had the heating off for a year, it wasn't that I couldn't replace the light bulbs in my hallway, and it wasn't that I'd basically sold everything me and my son owned to try and pay the rent...”

“It was when I was in the supermarket and realised I couldn't afford to buy butter any more - I lost my s***. I was like, 'That's it, I'm properly poor now, I can't afford butter', and I refused to buy margarine. That was my rock bottom. It was the last luxury to go. I gave up heating and lighting before I gave up my weekly block of butter. I realised if I put that back, I could have an extra bag of pasta, a tin of carrots and some button mushrooms. It was awful - I bought some 40p lard for cooking with and was slightly disgusted with myself."

I guess I’m not properly poor. Got butter in the fridge. Good lord.
No butter? That’s her go-to pretend poverty play 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 24
8A2367B4-62D0-4B85-9655-F10629C4C9C2.jpeg
Some nerve of her posting this like she wasn’t a mega miserable arse on this podcast.
Also hello Cabal

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.