Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wah! Now I'm singing Return of the Husk to the tune of Return of the Mack in my head.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Ok, been on a quick grunk. Feels like the first time she’s called herself a freelance writer. Interesting. Looks like the GQ piece, arse-licking vogue, this latest thing this week - probably Guardian or Observer, looking at the photographer - has made her reassess something. That’s good. Perhaps shoehorning herself in with Marcus has given her a new angle to push? Plus, maybe the Scotsman piece has made her get rid of her the tip jar or hide it. Good again. She’s not pretending to live off £20 a week - amazing. Now, if she could stop taking the Patreon money - around £2k plus a month we think - or if she’s going to take it, give the squiggles the postcards each week that they’re paying for please, and we’ll be getting somewhere. Also if she could stop pretending to be struggling when she’s probably cleared around £7k plus this month, maybe more when you average out the book sales, advances, website ads, add in the patreon, GQ, tip jar, etc, and she will be on her way to enlightenment and may one day get to the afterlife to be reunited with Terry 💕

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I work in a secondary school, and child mental health services don't really exist in a functioning form at the mo. We are given the chance to mentor older children that need a bit of help and support, i generally get the the adhd, autistic, anxious girls (some are all 3), and quite a few of their parents have had to go private to get a diagnosis as the wait to even be seen is long in the nhs.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
OT but I've just been on Twitter to try and decipher chippytits. If I've got this right it's Liverpool mayor Joe Anderson's nickname because he likes fast food and has moobs.
I also came across quite a funny wee reface video which reminded me of Alan's cheeky little gifs. We've had Jack as Dr evil haven't we?
Back on topic Jack is as cunty as ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
OT but I've just been on Twitter to try and decipher chippytits. If I've got this right it's Liverpool mayor Joe Anderson's nickname because he likes fast food and has moobs.
I also came across quite a funny wee reface video which reminded me of Alan's cheeky little gifs. We've had Jack as Dr evil haven't we?
Omg, please can we have a jack/chippytits reface jobby?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I think mayor Anderson’s love of chip shop chips is...implied. He is not at all affectionately known as a whopper.
Allegation seems to be he was involved in planning backhanders allegedly, which is technically a kind of grifting.
Back on topic - could Squiggle make a claim through PayPal?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
My new favourite vintage tweet. I was looking for ‘fraud’ after the Scotsman article.
C531056D-E607-4264-BB3D-C924DC5DED20.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
View attachment 335024

I mean, it's claims like this among her, "I'm so transparent, I'm Just Jack, that lovable scrap," that make her so flipping disingenuous
Nothing says “happy new year” quite like a disingenuous £20 shop with criminally cheap sausages, a multipack of cardboard snacks and pears taken out of the bag to make it look less sadsack than it really is....

It’s a no from me. 🥳

• Haha
Reactions: 33
He has a few aliases my fave "pie crust snorting wizard"
There's a theme isn't there 😆

Sorry for the OT there

• Haha
Reactions: 24
So what was 2020 like grandma? well it was the year of the dreadful pandemic 😷 and the uprising of the squiggles

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
@Walkdengirl slopbot.com for all your maverick cookery needs.

Unfortunately, Slopbot has turned into Stropbot tonight. I was trying to fix something (it's only displaying about half of all the words I've put into it) but instead I've broken it, accidentally saved over the previous file and also uploaded the broken version to the site so if it's not working, that's why. I'm trying to fix it (properly this time) but with 'neurodiverse' Jack being the only incarnation that rapidly approaches terminal insufferability for me, I don't think I have enough cigarillos on hand to deal with this tonight.

There is however some good news: the winner of the Mission Inn Star Award from The Sloppies receives a golden Slopbot!

View attachment 335012
Still highly amusing though
My latest creation is courgette, sauerkraut and banana cassoulet. I crammed down it temptingly on the kitchen floor and Edwina Currie declared it the best ever."

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.