Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The pasta thing was especially infuriating. Would it have killed her to cook it the night before, dress it in a bit of oil and then brought it from the fridge ready to heat through for the show, freeing her up to deal with the other bits of the dish. There's a certain arrogance about thinking you're so fascinating that a live TV show has time to wait about whilst you're waiting to boil bloody pasta. I haven't managed more than fifteen seconds of the Hellmans debacle. Watching her gives me major anxiety.
I did actually feel a bit sorry for her, she looked so nervous, and was so obviously reading off cue cards. And I do wonder if anyone has told her (kindly) that her performance was so bad.

Having said that. Ruth's chirpy 'well done!' was one of the funniest things I've seen on daytime tv.

I think Jack must have spent the preparation time labourously colouring in cue cards, rather than thinking through logistics.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
My narc is my mother. I was 40 when I realised what she was and it was a slow learning curve rather than 'Eureka'.
I just always thought she was a witch!
Once you realise what is happening and reach out to others is extremely liberating.
I had to go to counsellor (and then Psychologist) because of a break down at work. Ironically it was because of the stress of Mr Moo's Burnout and caring for him.
Because it was at work my Manager referred me (legally she had to so I can't sue them, but she did it out of genuine concern)
The initial sessions were really infuriating. She kept focussing on my mother when I was convinced the issue was my husband!
She pointed me in the direction of acrticles and FB help groups etc and it was a revelation. On her advice I went to GP and got referral.
I was advised to try 'Grey Rock' but it is exhausting. Eventually I went No Contact and have felt like a human being ever since.
I've lost pretty much my entire family as a result, but that's what i have to sacrifice.
Most people think it is bizarre that I have no relationship with my family, but I just counter it with 'why would anyone maintain a relationship with their abuser?'
On the whole people are supportive and i have been genuinely surprised by people saying they understand because they have had the same problems with a Narc.

Sorry for the essay, but i promise that this is the short version! I really feel for those who can't escape their narc (usually because they have to co parent) Just sending love xx
Completely understand. No narc story but actually left home, family, friends and country to get away from a suffocating religion, luckiest change of direction ever. These things seem to fall into place when they're supposed to, and there's little point looking back when they do. Well done for making sound decisions and getting that particular monkey off your back.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I did actually feel a bit sorry for her, she looked so nervous, and was so obviously reading off cue cards. And I do wonder if anyone has told her (kindly) that her performance was so bad.

Having said that. Ruth's chirpy 'well done!' was one of the funniest things I've seen on daytime tv.

I think Jack must have spent the preparation time labourously colouring in cue cards, rather than thinking through logistics.

I haven't seen This Morning since Richard & Judy LEFT so I don't really know the current crop of presenters at all well but I really thought Ruth was absolutely outstanding in dealing with Catastrophe Jack redefining al dente from a shed.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm so glad for the Patrons that they've finally been given something (thanks to the cabal...) but yikes, they aren't cute are they? And not thrifty shades of beige? Anyway well done Jack 👏 doing the bare minimum is a start

Reactions: 32
Big love to all the Fraus and Herren who have endured abuse at the hands of narcissism xx

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.