Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never ever not ever want to eat a quiche with tuna or frozen broccoli in, thankyou. And I love quiche.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
The main question is why a legendary kitchen maverick needs a quiche recipe in the first place 🙄
Cos it’s never been maverick enough for her to waste time on. She’s too busy making pine needle, kumquat and cuckoo spit stuffed coxhinas. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 38
How does she have such a surfeit of eggs when she only bought 6 in the fake poverty shop on Sunday and is supposedly feeding 2 adults and a child?

Sick of her.
If she now claimed she was laying her own I'd not bat an eyelid. *Alan shrug Gif*

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Just waiting for one of her squiggles to suggest anchoiade quiche and for her to respond, "OOOOOOOOOOH" :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
She literally has every food and liquid known to man in her fridge or freezer from a few weeks ago. Apart from butter 🤪
Imagine if the head of C4 news just did the cabal a solid and publically Tweeted a photo of the butter (that there definitely bleeping is) in the Smeg.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
No doubt Jack's quiche will be the best, most delicious, perfect quiche ever made. Everyone (there is only her there at the moment, isn't there?) will love it, it will be gobbled down quicker than you can say "Jack's a vegan........ish".
I await the usual "this recipe serves 4. Reader -it did not serve 4". 😴🥱

Regarding the mince pie toastie thing, a quick Google shows many recipes for them dotted over the internet, so she hasn't invented these. This one from Sainsbury's website looked interesting, pastry instead of the bread, still made in a sandwich toaster but no cheese inside, served instead with mascarpone.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I await the usual "this recipe serves 4. Reader -it did not serve 4". 😴🥱

Regarding the mince pie toastie thing, a quick Google shows many recipes for them dotted over the internet, so she hasn't invented these. This one from Sainsbury's website looked interesting, pastry instead of the bread, still made in a sandwich toaster but no cheese inside, served instead with mascarpone.
Maybe this is a sign that I need to eat but the idea of marscapone, puff pastry and mincemeat sounds like it could go well together!? The whole Jackaptation of adding cheddar just made me think it would have to be bloody good quality cheddar, not that chewy milk mass-produced supermarket rubbish. Would probably mean you'd have to go without butter for a bit longer though, but hey, you won't be needing to butter the bread anyway given the mincemeat is so sloppy!

ETA: Actually, I'm thinking through the flavours in my mind, that salty taste of the cheddar with mincemeat just isn't sitting right with me.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Note to Jack - cream cheese is by its very definition soft. You don’t need to call it soft cream cheese. Also that’s for SB’s lunch sandwiches this week, don’t be leaving him plastic cheese slice on bread for the next two days.

I hate quiche. And I hate tuna. Why do I dwell here reading endless fishy egg combos that give me the boak?
Insert stand by me pie contest vom gif

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Having visions of the finely chopped kale dust mixed with the soft soft softy cream cheese and now I want to cry

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I've just remembered that horrible looking toastie she made a while ago (a frau has it as their profile pic - I can't remember who though, sorry & thankyou) - the outside of the toastie didn't look buttered. Was that a subtle hint to the Jackolytes that she couldn't afford butter I wonder?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.