Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How does she have such a surfeit of eggs when she only bought 6 in the fake poverty shop on Sunday and is supposedly feeding 2 adults and a child?

Sick of her.
There's a confused hen wandering the chaos of the crappy bungalow/ gift from a mate / the puddle/ a charity shop/ she lays them herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
So where have these eggs appeared from? Milkman? Brambley mice harbouring chickens under the hedge?

in order to make quiche, you need to be able to cook, slop won’t cut it.
Yes, I think you’re on to something - we’ll probably find out she has her own chickens and cow, makes her own cheese, butter, yoghurt and has enough eggs left over to lob at David Cameron or David Walliams, or whoever the latest nasty is. They’re probably all hiding with the mice under the bush, or in the porch.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
View attachment 323520
She's so thick. The "impossible to tell if it's good or not" is clearly a sarcastic meme meaning if you write for them you're debasing your soul for media credibility. And she chirpily pops up to say, "oh I've done this". Which is probably the most honest thing she's ever written but she's too much of a dumdum to see it.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Imagine if the head of C4 news just did the cabal a solid and publically Tweeted a photo of the butter (that there definitely bleeping is) in the Smeg.
One day it will all be revealed: the poverty chef and active cyclist simply do not like butter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Maybe this is a sign that I need to eat but the idea of marscapone, puff pastry and mincemeat sounds like it could go well together!?
It definitely does! A few years ago I made mincemeat and mascarpone croissants with shortbread crumbles and they were *chef kiss*

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
View attachment 323520
Sorry if I'm being thick, what does "spiked unpaid" mean? I'm thinking they no longer wanted the piece and didn't pay her? I've just searched for her on that site and there are only two results. One is her being mentioned in another person's article which I guess is where she's saying she was misrepresented - I don't think she has been at all, the guy is saying exactly what she's spouted on her twitter feed. The other result is someone mentioning Marilyn Monroe, not her at all. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Christ I love quiche. I don’t want to see Jack’s maverick take on quiche. If she were to make a really nice one, that would be fine. I’m assuming it will brown & full of weird odds and ends.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
One day it will be all revealed: the poverty chef and active cyclist simply do not like butter.
Bet the kid does though! What's he spreading on his toast? Oh wait, probably the cheap sausage/bacon fat she said she keeps in a jar in the fridge to use for his meals 🥲

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I read the Unherd article she's whining about, whilst I agree it misrepresents her in so far as it makes her sound like a decent enough economy cook I don't understand why she's complaining. Does she want to be described as a middle class purveyor of gruel or a halfwit instead?

Christ I love quiche. I don’t want to see Jack’s maverick take on quiche. If she were to make a really nice one, that would be fine. I’m assuming it will brown & full of weird odds and ends.
Tenner says it has feathers and springs in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Could she not search the internet for a quiche that uses up what she's got and find one from a reasonably trusted source? I mean I know that's just not maverick enough.

• Haha
How does she have such a surfeit of eggs when she only bought 6 in the fake poverty shop on Sunday and is supposedly feeding 2 adults and a child?

Sick of her.
still 5 duck eggs unaccounted for, so add that to the £20 shop tally of eggs.

Could she not search the internet for a quiche that uses up what she's got and find one from a reasonably trusted source? I mean I know that's just not maverick enough.
she's usually pretty good at finding her way around the BBC food website too!!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Sorry if I'm being thick, what does "spiked unpaid" mean? I'm thinking they no longer wanted the piece and didn't pay her? I've just searched for her on that site and there are only two results. One is her being mentioned in another person's article which I guess is where she's saying she was misrepresented - I don't think she has been at all, the guy is saying exactly what she's spouted on her twitter feed. The other result is someone mentioning Marilyn Monroe, not her at all. :ROFLMAO:
spiked originates from when an article is written but doesn’t make the printed paper. So Jack was asked to write something but they didn’t end up using it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I can't believe she had a contract with hellmans, and not once did she make a godamn quiche 😂
No doubt she will 'hoof a huge, thick unctuous slab' which will be labelled as the best thing ever, then we will never hear of the thing ever again.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Esther Coren's blog is called On the Spike, in reference to "spiked" articles that are not published.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.