Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha yeah, but she thinks she's amazing at all her different impersonations.
Whenever a squiggle is effusive with their praise, I think about sock puppet accounts. Obviously this couldn’t apply to all positive comments but it does cross my mind. 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 24
This reads like she's fundamentally misunderstood where the butter goes in a toastie. It goes on the outside of the slop container (bread) to make it crispy. Not on the inside to make it sloppier. She needs to urgently refamiliarise herself with butter. Or give it a go with (don't have nightmares) lard.
Hollaa! She cannot afford butter. Her butter supply IS DEAD. IT LEFT.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I think it’s interesting that Jack equates being on TV to having made it. Being a published author isn’t enough, she thinks she deserves more. Fame and adulation and all the trappings that go with it. Remember her school exercise book from when she was a teen? It had “I want to be a star” written on it. I think a lot of influencers have that about them, a lot like reality stars, really. “I want to be famous”.
I think that book should have had a footnote - “I want to be a star...but only if someone else makes me one”. Because if I wanted something really badly, I would do everything I could to get there. But she wouldn’t prepare for the Hellman’s live, she couldn’t even pre-boil the pasta for the lingereenie and had all manner of tech problems for a prime slot on BBC1. The sense of entitlement with her is astounding.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
This reads like she's fundamentally misunderstood where the butter goes in a toastie. It goes on the outside of the slop container (bread) to make it crispy. Not on the inside to make it sloppier. She needs to urgently refamiliarise herself with butter. Or give it a go with (don't have nightmares) lard.
I butter inside and outside, have I been doing it wrong? I don't have a toastie maker though, I do them in the frying pan, so I feel like there needs to be some butter inside to help stick the sarnie together.

Reactions: 19
What time tomorrow will be the big reveal.
I feel like we all need to be together for it..

My brother in law and wife are narcs. They constantly rewrite history to make themselves look good (and me and the Prince bad). Problem is they live in their hometown and tell all these lies to all the family there. Worst thing is Prince is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, he’d do anything for anyone. So the whole thing is ridiculous. I like to think it’s because they actually hate each other and are jealous of me and the Prince being happy.
From my narc experience-they are severely allergic to other people being genuinely lovely, caring etc. This is a provocation to them. Lovely people are often portrayed as naive and pushovers by them but it simply triggers self-hate in them, which is the other side they have. The grandeur is not sustainable, hence the need for narc supply.
I had two relationships with narcs and I was genuinely broken back then. If you are not wired that way, you first don't get that they manipulate the hell out of you.
The last narc always ridiculed and punished me for being soft and simply for NOT being totally fucked up. The provocations were endless and thank god I have good self-control and I am sensible. I planned my escape, stuck to absolute 'no contact' and have been protected by my circle of friends.
I hear all of you Frauen who had a simar experience. It is pure hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I was very lucky in only encountering the narcs in the workplace. I cannot begin to imagine if they were in my home life.
I had no idea what NPD was. I did know that I wasn’t coping, couldn’t do anything right and was being treated in a really odd way. I went to see the works counseling service and that woman spotted it in two sessions. Told me to read up on NPD and get away as fast as I could. I remember I was so broken one day someone had a chat with me to ask if I was ok. They thought I was being abused at home. They asked if I was safe. I realised I was safe at home.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I butter inside and outside, have I been doing it wrong?
Of course not, it's your toastie, have it the way you like it. Just don't skip the butter (or 90% vegan alternative) altogether, we all know how that ends up.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
99B26403-B65D-4623-96D6-70BCB9D086BC.jpeg

Yeah, ftfy.

PS Not sure about squiggling blue-tickers, so did anyway just to be sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I honestly don't think she could cope working with kids. Can you imagine when they call her disgusting slop disgusting slop, or comment that it looks like Aunty Mary's sick from last Saturday? She wouldn't be able to hold back.

Stop trying to take over other people's ideas, and don't even think about coming any further north than you are now...

• Haha
Reactions: 33
That toastie just looks so bad. Dry yet sloppy. Crazy how she manages that really.

You could almost get away with it, using regular bread, not the seeded stuff she appears to have used, and buttering the outside. Definitely no cheese though, some people have that with fruit cake, but not mince pies. I have seen people using pastry in their toastie machine, but never tried that personally, but that would be more pie like.

Toasties were definitely a big feature growing up. My mother had a food repertoire of about 12 things on repeat (we ate a lot of Angel Delight, put it that way) and they were one of them.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.