Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't even consult a recipe or look at a book or anything!

Once again, she says it's absolutely to die for and needs no alterations whatsoever. The world according to Jack Monroe eh

Reactions: 42
In all (extremely grudging fairness) this looks very much less gross than other recipe (if you like mussels which I don’t) aversion to shell based food finger based seafood is very palatable tho!
Cabal so glad have found you all can’t wait to wear my recycled pumpkin costume in court wish could reward with a handrawn pumpkin framed postcard but BUSY and VERY POOR
All the narc talk further up has been so helpful as currently dealing with situation with mother & can I say grey rock 🪨 is currently helping immensely.

Reactions: 40
Ha!! This is exactly what I was trying to say. Don't most people just see what they have and try to knock together something edible. Usually not declaring it the "best ever", but we can't all be kitchen mavs. Extra hilaire for me because I'm currently potty training a very excitable toddler.

Reactions: 32
Pear and vinegar to copy the taste of cider? Has she been watching that Mr Bean NYE episode where he runs out of wine so he serves up vinegar and sugar?

Reactions: 38
She's become a parody of herself. Everything is *insert odd adjective that doesn't belong here* and she always hoovers it directly from the pan/climbs inside the oven/eats it before it's finished cooking it's so mind bendingly delicious. I mean it's just laughable at this point.

Reactions: 64
Declaring you’re sober to the whole world one week into recovery (if we’re using the AA alcoholism is a thing framework) makes about as much sense as a “food expert“ never making a quiche before.
Mic-drop comment, nailed it.

And that 'thing' she made - good god kill me now, that is a fucking disgraceful plate of assorted ingredients that would normally be considered food.

Reactions: 41
Omg send out your fifty shades of shite crap instead of trying to muscle in on other people's ideas!

ETA more patreon postcards. No evidence of beige slop recipe cards yet.

View attachment 323400
I don’t get it. Has Jack really sent this person duplicates of the same postcards? What happens next month (if Jack can be arsed posting anything that is) - do they get yet more copies of the same cards? Er .. what great value.

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.