Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Me opening Silver's screenshot of that chaotic dinner. So many textures and conflicting aspects. Pear and... mussels?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Wondering about the quiche..... if the one she made was crustless could it have still been called a quiche?

Just because she is clever with words and if it can’t then she could she claim that she never ACTUALLY made a quiche.

I don’t really know why I give a about a quiche though.....

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So obviously the posh chair is the latest in her ‘I’m going to show you an expensive item and then spin a load of lies about how I acquired it.’

Tonight on the wheel of providence: a second-hand shop exactly three miles away and no means of transport but a pescatarian bodybuilder. Clap. Clap. Clap.
It sounds like those improvs actors do.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I don’t get it. Has Jack really sent this person duplicates of the same postcards? What happens next month (if Jack can be arsed posting anything that is) - do they get yet more copies of the same cards? Er .. what great value. 😕
Maybe it's so there's one to keep and one to give away. I don't know about you, but I've always wanted someone to send me a postcard of a drawing of some Sainsbury's Basics passata. Still waiting, though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Wondering about the quiche..... if the one she made was crustless could it have still been called a quiche?

Just because she is clever with words and if it can’t then she could she claim that she never ACTUALLY made a quiche.

I don’t really know why I give a about a quiche though.....
Slimming world do a crustless quiche or they did back in the day. Consisted of egg. Cottage cheese and probably broccoli. A weird abomination that you fling in a bowl and bake in the oven.

Just googled. They still do.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
What in god’s name is that in the bowl?

Please, please, please make it stop.

NOW.
Fellow fraus, please put those photos under a spoiler!! I can’t unsee them now
Edited to add: pears and mussels. PEARS AND MUSSELS

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Pear and vinegar to copy the taste of cider? Has she been watching that Mr Bean NYE episode where he runs out of wine so he serves up vinegar and sugar?
Waiting for her to dip actual twigs in marmite for her next "I just thought of it in my head" recipe!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Slimming world do a crustless quiche or they did back in the day. Consisted of egg. Cottage cheese and probably broccoli. A weird abomination that you fling in a bowl and bake in the oven.

Just googled. They still do.
Was it speedy or freeeeeeeeee? 😏

Sorry.... couldn’t resist (my ability to tell jokes is about as tit as r Jackie )

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Was it speedy or freeeeeeeeee? 😏

Sorry.... couldn’t resist (my ability to tell jokes is about as tit as r Jackie )
It was back in red day green day. My pal lost 3 stones and I swear all she ate was boil in the bag beef and mashed tattles.

I was stuck with that and cheese ravioli. Back in the days I was veggie and not vegan.

It was grim. Took me about ten months to lose ten pounds. Not worth the crap I ate at that point

And in those days they used to announce your weight to the whole class and whether you had gained or lost.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
This is actually pretty depressing esp straight after @TVC15's post but I can't help but notice that this is the third mention of alcohol she's made today. Mulled wine, brandy, and now cider.

View attachment 323985
It certainly seems intentional.
Perhaps BB isn't there & this is the relationship bat-signal?

ETA. Also, see references to lascivious noises & softy, soft soft soft pear juice dribbling down her chin.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

Why would somebody struggling with mobility - such as if they had, well, Arthritis - want to cook with the MOST difficult foods? Tins are evil.

They're too heavy to carry home. They require grip strength to operate a tin opener. They require finger strength, grip strength and wrist/elbow/arm strength to open ringpulls. And when your hands give out or the ringpull snaps, you're back to trying desperately to hold the handles of the opener together tightly enough whilst your palm feels rather like your feet do when you're standing on Lego, grasp the twisty bit with fingers and a thumb that are screaming for mercy and then your wrist, elbow and shoulder are burning with the effort required to turn the cunting thing.

And then you don't quite manage to get the top off and you slice your thumb open trying to prise it up with a knife.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.