Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't even consult a recipe or look at a book or anything! 😎😎😎😎😎😎

Once again, she says it's absolutely to die for and needs no alterations whatsoever. The world according to Jack Monroe eh

• Haha
Reactions: 42
She's cooked the mussels in a stew with pears, guys.

"I didn’t follow or even consult a recipe for this" I mean, no tit, I very much doubt a mussels, pear and chickpea stew features on the BBC good food website.
2C647480-DD81-4523-9D65-86B5D7241B6A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 60
In all (extremely grudging fairness) this looks very much less gross than other recipe (if you like mussels which I don’t) aversion to shell based food🙈 finger based seafood is very palatable tho!
Cabal 💐so glad have found you all can’t wait to wear my recycled pumpkin costume in court 🥰🥰🥰 wish could reward with a handrawn pumpkin framed postcard but BUSY and VERY POOR
All the narc talk further up has been so helpful as currently dealing with situation with mother & can I say grey rock 🪨 is currently helping immensely.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
View attachment 323982
Canal comrades, how often do you turn to a recipe book when you cook? I only really use recipes when I'm baking because that's a science. For a supposed cook to boast that they 'didn't even consult a recipe' is like a toddler declaring they did a poo in the potty all by themselves.

Oh and £4 for mussels that yield very little meat - that is such an economical dish (not). Personally, I'd rather pay £3.75 for a 500g tub of 'not on offer' Lurpak than £4 for enough mussels for 1 greedy Jack.
Ha!! This is exactly what I was trying to say. Don't most people just see what they have and try to knock together something edible. Usually not declaring it the "best ever", but we can't all be kitchen mavs. Extra hilaire for me because I'm currently potty training a very excitable toddler.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Pear and vinegar to copy the taste of cider? Has she been watching that Mr Bean NYE episode where he runs out of wine so he serves up vinegar and sugar?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She's become a parody of herself. Everything is *insert odd adjective that doesn't belong here* and she always hoovers it directly from the pan/climbs inside the oven/eats it before it's finished cooking it's so mind bendingly delicious. I mean it's just laughable at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Declaring you’re sober to the whole world one week into recovery (if we’re using the AA alcoholism is a thing framework) makes about as much sense as a “food expert“ never making a quiche before.
Mic-drop comment, nailed it.

And that 'thing' she made - good god kill me now, that is a bleeping disgraceful plate of assorted ingredients that would normally be considered food.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Omg send out your fifty shades of shite crap instead of trying to muscle in on other people's ideas!

ETA more patreon postcards. No evidence of beige slop recipe cards yet.

View attachment 323400
I don’t get it. Has Jack really sent this person duplicates of the same postcards? What happens next month (if Jack can be arsed posting anything that is) - do they get yet more copies of the same cards? Er .. what great value. 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.