Jack Monroe #11 Look for the bare depressipes, the simple bare depressipes, forget about the tattlers and your wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
7AA030B5-6C58-4546-85FC-EE468993508D.jpeg

also just seen this on her blog- aside from posting about liver pasta (not my particular cup of tea) she says she got the recipe idea from one of That Mans books!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Can you substitute the ham with weetabix and the cheese for tinned chickpeas?

You know what is coming, don't you? Come on everyone, all together now, after 3 ...… 1, … 2, … 3 ....

Yes, absolutely. x 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Don't you forget about me
Even though Shivi is on your TV, wo-oh

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 10.19.22.png

Here we go. I thought it was two psychiatrists and that you have them all on speed dial?

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 10.25.38.png

You could have asked her why she felt like that and talked her round to the many and various pleasures of food as described in a previous paragraph? But no, you 'had to leave'. What a mean thing to do.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 10.27.34.png

The Messiah walks among us.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 10.29.56.png

I relate to this, Jack. My mission at work is to teach my employers not to need me so I that I will become surplus to requirements and quietly let go.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Gosh that gumbo looks positively inviting and delicious, never had it before, tempted to try it now though, and the corn bread too, again something I've never tried, but I definitely will give that a go next week

Reactions: 6
Liver and lentil bol? Oh duck, who would eat that tit. Actually an interesting question - do you think JM actually eats the food she flogs?

• Sick
Reactions: 7
If you’re working more hours than you’re paying yourself for then that’s just stupid! it’s not a public service, no one owes her a medal.
also if you are being paid more than a living wage but stashing it away in savings that doesn’t make you poor!
I have to say, if you need to work triple the amount of hours you're paid for in order to keep up with the work then you may well be in the wrong job.
If I had to work triple my hours for no extra pay, I'd be looking at what extra training I could do to make me more efficient, whether I was qualified and suitable for the job and more importantly, whether I was actually capable of doing the job in a reasonable amount of time.
It’s a ludicrous number either way! That’s 24 hours a day for five days straight (weekends off 💅🏻) or 17 hours a day for seven days straight.
This must be quite a strain on her relationships.
Planting twelfty billion seeds?

I'm a little excited today. My <sad face> late night shopping from last weekend is being delivered this morning. Pretty, pretty houseplants all for me!
Where are you buying houseplants from Flumps? I'm in desperate need of plants, being indoors so much is really getting to me. I want to fill my rooms with green. 🌿

Reactions: 15
Gosh that gumbo looks positively inviting and delicious, never had it before, tempted to try it now though, and the corn bread too, again something I've never tried, but I definitely will give that a go next week

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Her sparkly trainers are amazing 😍😍 only just spotted them as she was sneakily grabbing her wine

Reactions: 2
OOOH where did you order from please & what did you get? Do a show and tell when they come pls, I‘ve been yearning for plants during lock down!
I got them from here, will post a pic when they arrive (between 11 and 12 hopefully!)

Limited choice, but they were fairly bargainous, and I am on a budget, as always.

But there are quite a few places still delivering house plants.

Lots of nice stuff here, and I think you said you were in London, so your delivery time might not be so long:

Here too:

Some beautiful ones on here when I looked last week, but they were a bit too pricey for me:

• Heart
I have to say, if you need to work triple the amount of hours you're paid for in order to keep up with the work then you may well be in the wrong job.
If I had to work triple my hours for no extra pay, I'd be looking at what extra training I could do to make me more efficient, whether I was qualified and suitable for the job and more importantly, whether I was actually capable of doing the job in a reasonable amount of time.

This must be quite a strain on her relationships.
Where are you buying houseplants from Flumps? I'm in desperate need of plants, being indoors so much is really getting to me. I want to fill my rooms with green. 🌿
Not butting into the conversation here, as I imagine Flumps has a super place to buy plants. I bought some from here while back and they were fabulous. https://www.patchplants.com/gb/en/

I got them from here, will post a pic when they arrive (between 11 and 12 hopefully!)

Limited choice, but they were fairly bargainous, and I am on a budget, as always.

But there are quite a few places still delivering house plants.

Lots of nice stuff here, and I think you said you were in London, so your delivery time might not be so long:

Here too:

Some beautiful ones on here when I looked last week, but they were a bit too pricey for me:

I have nicked all the links. Thanks for posting Flumps. I bet your house and garden are magnificent. xx

Have a great day fabulous tattlies, lads and lassies. I'm off to do my wifely duties and clean the shed. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
If only a single journalist or editor had asked this question in the past eight years.
Journalism/media comes under so much (deserved!) criticism for being so unrepresentative so I’m not surprised. Most of them are privately educated aren’t they so would just assume that’s how the poors(TM) live if told. It’s what I find quite hard to stomach about her #brand, poor and BAME communities need better & fairer representation in our media and that takes a village from getting a ton of different ppl across the breath of society in front of media outlets, to actually having our peers hired into positions of power at these places to give the stories the fair chance they deserve rather than gross poverty safari-ing.

It’s something I’d say Louisa does very well on ch4 tbh, they do miss the mark (yesterday’s should BAME people stay in through covid rather than should we tackle systemic medical racism for one....) but at least they’re trying.

The Kickstarter comments genuinely make me so sad. Desperate people parting with money they don't have thinking it is really going to help them (and also wanting to help Jack in the process) and getting a load of abuse when they ask where their book is.

Shivi is brilliant. I bet Jack is apoplectic with rage. I wonder if she will take to Twitter later to congratulate Shivi on getting the hang of the tele stuff?

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Matt "a lot of people come on here and I think do you really cook that at home?" - classic 😀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.