Jack Monroe #11 Look for the bare depressipes, the simple bare depressipes, forget about the tattlers and your wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not butting into the conversation here, as I imagine Flumps has a super place to buy plants. I bought some from here while back and they were fabulous. https://www.patchplants.com/gb/en/
Snap! Have fun in the shed!

I have nicked all the links. Thanks for posting Flumps. I bet your house and garden are magnificent. xx
Hah! My house is ok, well, I like it, but it's a bit stuffed full of *things*, I'm a bit of magpie, but the garden is very much a work in progress and really not v exciting at the moment. Seed planting this weekend though, so it should improve over the next few months, but I can't do all I want to it, because *money*. It's awesome in my head though!

Reactions: 2
Wait a sec, this production crew thing. SHE was the one mentioning the crew, the fellow whispering in her ear if I recall correctly.

Just leave this here for a sec:

View attachment 121180
The only one mentioning anyones name of crew etc Jack, is you and here is the proof. You will not find anyone mentioning names in the 8000 A4 pages you have printed off.
Has she actually been diagnosed ADHD/ASD because it really bleeping offends me her throwing those terms around if she hasn't.

Reactions: 11
God, my gran used to give us burnt toast (purposefully done, not accidental) when we went and stayed with them in Fife. Or salty porridge made with water... As a treat we would get a splash of cold milk on top. It was like going to prison to a 5 year old from Essex 😂
That sounds rough. Well-fired rolls are only a burnt on the top, so you get the burnt flavour but it’s not overwhelming!

Reactions: 3
I’ve loved the Scottish food chatter! I read Deborah Orr’s book and found out what a piece and jam is.

Does anyone eat / enjoy black pudding or is that old school now? One of my earliest memories (and first of Ireland tbh) is crying in a butcher’s shop when an uncle was buying some and explained to me what it was, I was bleeping terrified of it!
@heretoreaditall2019 I love black pudding, it’s actually one of my most favourite things. I also love the morcilla in Spain

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I would like Matt to put something surprising under a sheet for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
and '"Wait for it... you'll want to do it...!" (about Alex's home-tasks) "put something surprising under a sheet and then reveal it.' with a kinky smirk to camera.

He's doing it on purpose!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I got them from here, will post a pic when they arrive (between 11 and 12 hopefully!)

Limited choice, but they were fairly bargainous, and I am on a budget, as always.

But there are quite a few places still delivering house plants.

Lots of nice stuff here, and I think you said you were in London, so your delivery time might not be so long:

Here too:

Some beautiful ones on here when I looked last week, but they were a bit too pricey for me:

omg thank you for these, especially love them on a budget! I’ve noticed a lot of those new start up vibe snazzy website all the plants have old women’s names given to them sellers are selling at 2-3 x what you can buy them for in garden centres and it puts me right off!

Bloombox were actually awful to my husb’s colleague/us really, when I came out of hospital last year he spent over £100 on a mega box of plants for me, unfortunately they were delivered to the wrong address. The woman who received them did email bloom box & they told her to keep them rather than contacting the friend to sort the situation. When the friend realised we hadn’t received them he got in touch with CS who pled poverty and said they’re too small to send out replacements! Then maybe don’t tell people to keep other people’s tit?! So be cautious anyone who’s thinking of using them as it’s a lot of money to end up giving away!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Blocked by La Monroe or just Rosa? It's so true - that sort of blocking is the equivalent of a child putting their fingers in their ears and going LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING.

Sad to say, but Jack and I's journey came to an end on the evening that she launched her legal action. I remain hopeful that it is a temporary split.

In other news, is it my imagination, or is Richard Osman following events on here? The master of subtlety - posting this just as Saturday Kitchen started?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Whenever I hear stories of poverty and destitution I think back to around 10 years ago and a story I read in the news that haunted me to my core.
This might be difficult reading for some so I apologise if I kill the vibe here but this is very real and to me this is the extremes of poverty in the UK.
THIS IS NOT SOME GLORIFIED STORY.

There was a couple in their fifties - she had learning difficulties, he was ex armed forces. They were married and he doted on his wife, taking care of her and protecting her with everything he possibly could.
Having suffered with poor mental health himself he had to leave his previous job and circumstances meant that they were living way below the breadline with so little money even the basics were scarce.
They literally couldn't afford to run the electric in their home and so would make soup on a gas stove with veg donated from the food bank and then store it in plastic bags in their shed to try and keep it cold for future use. They had no fridge. They slept on the floor.
He was so worried that if the authorities stepped in they would be separated, so he refrained from telling anyone and inviting people into their life who could have helped.
They had no children or family to speak of. To say it was desperate would be an understatement and everyday was an immeasurable struggle.
Eventually, seeing no way out, he ended his wife's life and then his. Weeks later they were found laying next to one another in a house with no furniture.

Reading that story absolutely broke my bleeping heart and made me feel sick to my stomach. It was brutal and haunting and so stark and stays with me to this very day.
It wasn't glorified or done for dramatic effect. It wasn't written to sell a book or make money. It was bare facts about a situation that should never have been allowed to happen.
But it did. And I'm sure thee have been countless events similar to this that have happened since that in the last decade.
I'm not writing this to try and belittle Jacks situation from years ago. Far from it. The story I've just told was an extreme one.
But to highlight the people that fall through the gaps in society. The people who don't have a loving family to fall back on or friends. Those who aren't able to turn their misfortunes into a successful blog or book deal. To those for whom a basic job on actual living wage would be like winning the lottery every single day.
For some, and despite their best efforts, life simply doesn't change.
And that to me is truly, truly sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
omg thank you for these, especially love them on a budget! I’ve noticed a lot of those new start up vibe snazzy website all the plants have old women’s names given to them sellers are selling at 2-3 x what you can buy them for in garden centres and it puts me right off!

Bloombox were actually awful to my husb’s colleague/us really, when I came out of hospital last year he spent over £100 on a mega box of plants for me, unfortunately they were delivered to the wrong address. The woman who received them did email bloom box & they told her to keep them rather than contacting the friend to sort the situation. When the friend realised we hadn’t received them he got in touch with CS who pled poverty and said they’re too small to send out replacements! Then maybe don’t tell people to keep other people’s tit?! So be cautious anyone who’s thinking of using them as it’s a lot of money to end up giving away!
Oh that is awful. Useful warning though. I haven't used them, just liked the look of some of their stock.

My favourite place to buy house plants from in Real Life (TM) is here:

It's such a beautiful little place. It's only delivering to certain postcodes in London though, not sure if they apply to you. I'm not in London atm, so can't use them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Her sparkly trainers are amazing 😍😍 only just spotted them as she was sneakily grabbing her wine
I think they are possibly Golden Goose. Retail around £250 -£300 mark, if they are. They really are beautiful.

I’ve never really watched Saturday Kitchen before but Matt is so much more relaxed in this show and Shivi would make an excellent co-presenter if they went back to the daily format, I wonder if this is an audition!

Reactions: 7
Don't you forget about me
Even though Shivi is on your TV, wo-oh

View attachment 121226

Here we go. I thought it was two psychiatrists and that you have them all on speed dial?

View attachment 121232

You could have asked her why she felt like that and talked her round to the many and various pleasures of food as described in a previous paragraph? But no, you 'had to leave'. What a mean thing to do.

View attachment 121234

The Messiah walks among us.

View attachment 121236
"Anxiety feels like a luxury" oh duck off 😡

To be fair to her on the date thing though, I once went on a first date and we got onto the subject of food. Man in question wasn't particularly keen on many foods and just said he mainly liked to eat pizza. Trying to persevere with this, I enthusiastically (desperately) asked him what toppings he liked. "Oh just cheese" he said. I knew then it was not going to go anywhere 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She is lovely, and I like the look of the gumbo. And her trainers.
Gumbo is delicious. JO does a great recipe in Jamie’s America. My husband did a big batch of it for our wedding, and we regularly make it for when friends come over. Such a crowd pleaser.

Reactions: 7
It's so odd. If she hadn't, finally, explicitly said it was about this site, I would have absolutely thought she must be talking about somewhere else.

I agree. This isn't pleasant or comfortable to watch. I wish for her sake she'd take a break for a while. I'm sure she thinks statements like that are pass-agg and hypocritical, but I mean it.
I totally agree
Exactly, they're hardly going to be in the presenters ears telling them duck this is awful you're dying live on air - stop being so tit!

I don't like jack as a person but if she had of actually pulled off this TV stuff I would have been happy for her. But she set herself up for such a huge undignified failure.

The hypocrisy is just ridiculous and I worry she actually beleives what she says.

Only a handfull of all the accounts in the world have more than ten threads on tattle, there's a reason for that. This meme sums it up.

100% this!

And as you, I am concerned that she actually believes the shite she is spouting.

I have been hanging round this joint for about 18 months now and as you say the only threads that thrive are those that the person talked about give reason and concern for people to give the continued commentary, anything else dies a death.

I would like to point out that I have chatted and debated with some of the most funny and clever fuckers I have ever debated with, never have I been shot down, yes there are a few ermmmm dubious accounts who only seem to last two posts at best and then accounts are deleted, but the rest are people who I hold in high regard, I have seen people share their most personal details regarding what they have been through and never seen anything negative, more a community who reaches out to support and help. So frankly I take umbrage at anyone who slates this site as I think its bloody fantastic!

As you were Tattle witches :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It is awful. I was shocked reading some of the posts from her backers, I think some of them had contributed quite a sum as well 😕
When I was searching for info on DK earlier I came across the article from when Sainsbury's dropped her, for making that disgusting tweet regarding David Cameron's son. Another thing I didn't know about her before, completely passed me by. What is it that people keep bleating these days? Be kind, if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all... 🙄
I’d forgotten about this. This quote from her in the article is, well, it’s exactly what she does!

“He does use it as a means to shut down debates, or if anybody says anything about disability he comes out and says: “You can’t say anything about disability,”

I never would have thought she’d take tips from ol’ Dave but there we go! You can’t say anything without her mentioning her disabilities, her poverty, her many, many problems. And then her victory over Katie Hopkins means she can fling it around and hope no one will call her out on anything else.

This thread totally ran away without me but wanted to say, can’t wait to see you all in court! Fun! I live in that London, so feel free to leave your cars outside my house. Excited to meet Matt in the flesh!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Has she actually been diagnosed ADHD/ASD because it really bleeping offends me her throwing those terms around if she hasn't.
i think someone here said jack has said her gp did.. but this isn't the job of a gp to do so sounds like itd her own diagnosis 🙄

Reactions: 3
For comparison purposes, this in The Times today is interesting. Roasting Tin author Rukmini Iyer’s had sales of £1.8 million for 500,000 copies. Doesn’t say what she’s worth from that but it’s not going to be a paltry amount.

In all of Jack’s many many many interviews I’ve never seen any (even vague) sales figures/worth.. why not I wonder :unsure:

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.