Jack Monroe #11 Look for the bare depressipes, the simple bare depressipes, forget about the tattlers and your wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly - she obviously wants to create this picture of Tattle as a some kind of malignant threat, like ‘Lock your doors at night, cause those witches on Tattle, they’ve got nothing better to do as they’re gonna GETCHA.’
Please. You’re something to talk about and laugh about in these weird times. Just something to talk about, that’s all - and exactly - if anyone were to ever come across a member of production / crew - wouldn’t they be saluted, rather than abused?
Which "side" did the death threat/s come from again? Tattle, or......

Reactions: 12
this is awful and I’m glad Sainsbury’s dropped her but I find these quotes more disturbing;

“This morning, small boy had one of the last Weetabix, mashed with water, with a glass of tap water to wash it down with. ‘Where’s Mummy’s breakfast?’ he asks, big blue eyes and two year old concern.

Tomorrow, my small boy will be introduced to the world of pawnbroking, watching as his mother hands over the TV and the guitar for an insulting price.’

how on earth did anyone fall for this tit? so manipulative!
The media is definitely complicit. She’s only been getting away with it for so long because her story has been printed and regurgitated for years with seemingly no one asking any proper questions or corroboration of basic facts.

Reactions: 17
this is awful and I’m glad Sainsbury’s dropped her but I find these quotes more disturbing;

“This morning, small boy had one of the last Weetabix, mashed with water, with a glass of tap water to wash it down with. ‘Where’s Mummy’s breakfast?’ he asks, big blue eyes and two year old concern.

Tomorrow, my small boy will be introduced to the world of pawnbroking, watching as his mother hands over the TV and the guitar for an insulting price.’

how on earth did anyone fall for this tit? so manipulative!
She's watched Les Miserables too many times.
But seriously, yes, it's amazing that few ever questioned this narrative, which she has repeated over and over again like a script. The stuff about trudging for miles in the pouring rain in search of jobs with a toddler in tow... ugh! I don't know what's worse, that it could all be a massive lie or that she subjected her child to this through pride instead of reaching out to her support network of family and friends. She describes having handed out flyers for her house sale - it seems *so* unlikely that she could have done this without word getting back to her family about her predicament.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Saturday Kitchen with Shivi, a TV natural and I’m looking forward to her cooking .

She’s a great cook , she’d be brilliant on DKL if it comes back.

Reactions: 5
She's watched Les Miserables too many times.
But seriously, yes, it's amazing that few ever questioned this narrative, which she has repeated over and over again like a script. The stuff about trudging for miles in the pouring rain in search of jobs with a toddler in tow... ugh! I don't know what's worse, that it could all be a massive lie or that she subjected her child to this through pride instead of reaching out to her support network of family and friends. She describes having handed out flyers for her house sale - it seems *so* unlikely that she could have done this without word getting back to her family about her predicament.
my family would be mortified if I was peddling these stories to the press and social media when all I had to do is ask. Her child has a father and she has her mum!

Reactions: 22
According to the NYT her parents were well aware, certainly before the point she sold her belongings including her child’s toys.
Selling her kid's toy. Classy. What was the point of that? Was it made of 24 carat gold? Charity shops practically give away children's toys.

Reactions: 12

Yel

Saturday Kitchen with Shivi, a TV natural and I’m looking forward to her cooking .

She’s a great cook , she’d be brilliant on DKL if it comes back.
Is this her first time in the studio?

She's really good, but does seem to be finding her feet a bit which is totally understandable if this is all new. It's a world apart from that woman who could never.

Reactions: 6
<ENVY>

My partner has the pressure washer at his house atm, and I keep looking at my patio and longing to blast it.
A trick that really works well (without a pressure washer) pails of hot soapy water with some vinegar if you have it. Or you can use bottled lemon juice. Snork. Just throw it on the patio, use a broom to wish it around and voila! Top tip from my old boy.

Reactions: 7
Selling her kid's toy. Classy. What was the point of that? Was it made of 24 carat gold? Charity shops practically give away children's toys.
To tug heartstrings. People feel sorrier for a 'small blue eyed 2 year old toddler' than they would a grown woman too proud to admit she needs help and forcing her child to live like that rather than ask for help from friends and family.

Reactions: 15
Without wishing to contravene the site's very sensible guidelines, I do think my response to the above should show on the record. For some reason my polite reply led to an immediate 'block'. Sadly it is one of the issues of our time - people not engaging further if faced with a differing opinion.
Blocked by La Monroe or just Rosa? It's so true - that sort of blocking is the equivalent of a child putting their fingers in their ears and going LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING.

Reactions: 13
Shivi is a breath of fresh air on the show and I love her outfit 😍

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.