Jack Monroe #11 Look for the bare depressipes, the simple bare depressipes, forget about the tattlers and your wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack Monroe #12 - Send in the 'hounds' …… don't bother, they're here

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So far I would make every recipe that has been on this show, including all the little extra bits.

Rick Steins lamb, Mary Berry’s Beef Wellington, Nadia‘s noodles, Shiva’s tart, Matt‘s burgers...they are all looking delicious.

It is perfect viewing and I can see why the beeb would think making this a daily show would be a good idea in lockdown.

Reactions: 20
i think someone here said jack has said her gp did.. but this isn't the job of a gp to do so sounds like itd her own diagnosis 🙄
Not as far as I understand it - which really fucks me off too! She has said different, conflicting, things in different interviews. She said she went to her GP and after a discussion they told her that her problems ‘fit’ with autism and/or ADHD. That does NOT constitute a diagnosis, and she should be seeking a proper one before bandying it about (AKA using it as a get out clause for everything)! My son was told by my GP that he probably wasn’t autistic. A team of educational psychologists, occupational therapists, speech and language experts, and other doctors spent months evaluating him before concluding that he is indeed autistic. A GP absolutely cannot make an autism diagnosis, it has no weight to it whatsoever.
I'm really cross then. Throwing those terms out without proper diagnosis is so damaging.

Reactions: 10
Jack Monroe #12: The Court Case Special: Tattlers converge from all over Britain, public gallery - bring your knitting!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
8,000 pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.
Love this - it reminds me of that scene in Narcos where Pablo only has cash to burn to keep the family warm when they’re in hiding. Tbh the cost of printer ink and paper it won’t be far off a Colombian warlord’s cash reserves will it x

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm such a child, but Olly and Alex 'talking to each other' is amusing the duck out of me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It is just lovely and fun, it’s good having people cook who can talk at the same time too. It’s helpful when watching a cooking show to know what they are doing!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
How much would that have costed to print off at home?!
I have the ink set up that is delivered, I get 300 pages a month..basically a cartridge worth. Average cartridge for black and shite printer would be £15.

So 8000/300 x 15= £399.99 ?

Edited...just noticed my black and shite printer error! Obviously it is Black and White. I don’t have a shitey little printer, I have a decent one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
What has been said has gone to her head, more money on printing than spent on her shed.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Jack Monroe #12. Firefighters at the ready - Introducing the YouTube shitshack full of plastic knick-knacks.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thread title?
The Shed that Jack Built, 8,000 pages under the Sea, and Little Hausfraus on the Prairie

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I have the ink set up that is delivered, I get 300 pages a month..basically a cartridge worth. Average cartridge for black and shite printer would be £15.

So 8000/300 x 15= £399.99 ?

Edited...just noticed my black and shite printer error! Obviously it is Black and White. I don’t have a shitey little printer, I have a decent one.
Is that just ink?! Not even paper?! I’d sooner a pair of Gucci loafers tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 7
As Saturday Kitchen ended I just noticed that Matt didn’t have his note cards that he needed when he did the daily show, main reason I noticed was because he had nothing to slam onto the bench with a huge sigh when the show ended!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.