Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are full. She showed us in her Brexit stockpile article. Racks and racks full
You beat me to it CP.
Anyone can live on a 20 quid weekly shop if they've got a stockpile of food and bog roll.
I'm honestly expecting her to end up on one of those prepping shows.

Reactions: 29
Can she not see that the £20 shop becomes completely meaningless and totally farcical when you have well over a hundred pounds worth of food and an enormous spice collection sat in your cupboards, fridges and freezers already to dip into as and when? How can she be so thick as to not understand people's problem with its validity?
Two weeks ago my shopping came to £9:87 for the entire week because I had a full freezer, store cupboard and just needed to top up with fresh stuff.

Reactions: 34
Babe, same x

There have been an increasing number of posts with "our" and yesterday it was just the office with a horizontal thinking pod - not a bedroom and office.

Really looking forward to Thursday. I have a very long, very dull Teams call where I say little so please Jack check my calendar to coordinate our schedules!
Would it be acceptable to wipe my diary on Thursday and just sit on Tattle all day?

Asking for a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Can she not see that the £20 shop becomes completely meaningless and totally farcical when you have well over a hundred pounds worth of food and an enormous spice collection sat in your cupboards, fridges and freezers already to dip into as and when? How can she be so thick as to not understand people's problem with its validity?
She’s not being thick, she’s being deliberately obtuse. She’s a garden variety gaslighter. She knows if the £20 shop is genuinely taken up it’ll be exposed and her (body of) work will be scrutinised much more than it is for the moment. If she can brush off detractors and make it seem like they’re right wing trolls just picking at a carcass for scraps she has a chance of getting away with her bullshit for a bit longer.

She does strike me as someone who is rattled lately, and I must say the schadenfreude tingles pleasantly.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
If she wants to continue with the £20 shop, I suggest she has a week off to run her larder down, then lists everything she has left (spices, pasta, rice, beans, more beans, etc). Then squiggles can spend the money on these things if they want. Then, she should do £20 shops buying things people can buy by following her, maybe with the odd yellow sticker thrown in. Then she can put up the meals each day to show how she’s using these ingredients and squiggles can follow suit and it may actually help someone, somewhere. She started this four weeks ago with a cupboard full of Brexit goodies without showing what she already had, so what’s the point in it all? All it does is shows how she shops, it’s no good to anyone following her to save money or make their money last. Rant over.

Reactions: 46
You beat me to it CP.
Anyone can live on a 20 quid weekly shop if they've got a stockpile of food and bog roll.
Allegedly she was made to get rid of it by Louisa. My question then is why would she 'get rid' of a load of foodstuffs only to then go and rebuy them but under a strict £20 budget...it doesn't make any sense but this is Jack. Also if she 'got rid' of her stockpile by (I'm assuming) donation, are we really expected to believe that she did this without documenting it. Sorry but no.

Reactions: 35
You beat me to it CP.
Slightly OT but you talking about prepping reminded me of it...I wonder what Jack thinks of someone like Shivi Ramoutar? I know Shivi's recipes/The Ice Kitchen has been discussed on here before, has Jack ever said anything? I always get the impression that if anyone's work overlaps onto Jack's patch, she gets a bit protective?

Reactions: 13
I don't get the 20 pound shops in fact I have completely lost interest in them and I think the majority of her followers have too. It's like when someone keeps posting there dinner all the time you kind of get bored of seeing it and maybe give it half arsed courtesy like because they're a mate. You only really engage in it when it's something you have never seen or tasted before.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
honestly, what's she gonna do? turn up at my front door that i never answer to say, "you've been taking this piss out of me on the internet. i'm here to serve you with this cease + desist i've coloured in myself. so now you've got to stop it you ninny!"
Found a picture of her cease and desist.

Screenshot_20201124-170712_Chrome~2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Allegedly she was made to get rid of it by Louisa. My question then is why would she 'get rid' of a load of foodstuffs only to then go and rebuy them but under a strict £20 budget...it doesn't make any sense but this is Jack. Also if she 'got rid' of her stockpile by (I'm assuming) donation, are we really expected to believe that she did this without documenting it. Sorry but no.
If my husband 'made me' get rid of my food stocks (inc brexit supplies and brexit freezer) he'd be my ex and he'd effing starve before I made him another meal.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Somewhat controversially Is like to nominate Margo Robbie as lead actor for Jacknory- Angela's Ashes the sequel. She can do chaos ( harleyquin) and does a very good Tonya Harding impression.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.