Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going back to the flannel chat and has absolutely nothing to do with Jack (but seriously, who give a tit at this point?) I had a tit ton of Liz Earle muslin cloths which were all (manky) white, so when I dyed a pair of traaazzers navy blue I bunged them in the washing machine and now they’re perfect for make up removal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
We've a Incy Grunka back on thread 43 where I confess that I would shag Putin given the chance. My god, we've had some dark nights of the soul on these threads.

Keep going @CatsWhiskers, only 63 threads until you're with us 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
We've a Incy Grunka back on thread 43 where I confess that I would shag Putin given the chance. My god, we've had some dark nights of the soul on these threads.

Keep going @CatsWhiskers, only 63 threads until you're with us 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️
You must get historical likes for ‘No shame in the titty game’ - that was one of my favourites 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Just to add that women being conditioned to pity creepy-as-tit men is how so many of us end up being murdered by them. I’m not trying to victim blame there at all, but that inherent impulse to be polite to and show concern for a wounded or weird man is drilled into us from when we’re tiny and it’s absolutely toxic. I think we can frame him as pitiable, but let’s not overdo it.

Lol @Droosie123 do you know her, or just a stan? Firstly, volunteering doesn’t automatically make you a great person, although I’m sure she’s lovely. However, you must admit that actively searching your name and trying to “clap back” and calling it vitriol (she literally has done this to multiple people on the hashtag who didn’t tag her account in) is a bit weird. Sure, the tweets are critical but they’re not particularly personal and it’s a show which attracts millions of viewers. If she’d had so many abusive DMs I’m not sure she’d be seeking out more abuse. At worst people are saying she’s messy and clumsy and she’s so unperturbed by that she’s added it to her bio. Just my take on it, anyway, we’re all different.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
There are a few things irking me about the sausage recipe we are treated to this morning (apart from the fingering which is a Poundshop version of Nigella-speak)

No oil mentioned in ingredients or costed for (which she is SCRUPULOUS about because she HaTeS it when others don’t. How dare they!). And, I imagine this recipe uses a fair amount.

It just sounds like a chestnut stiffing rolled up into logs instead of balls.

The smallest, pettiest thing but also it irrritated the heck out of me. Isn’t progeny a sort of plural or mass noun? I am no grammar ace but that sentence about her son really jarred with me and I think it’s her use of an “a”. Anyway - she definitely needs someone to review and double check things before going to “print” as is evidenced time and time again.

Reactions: 26
Do you think she's finally beginning to take note of the "this is a more sympathetic approach" response as modelled by the cabal? I like Nice Jack a hell of a lot more than any of her other incarnations, but it baffles me when a non-me me meeeeee response comes out of left field.
I was just thinking that I like this Jack. It's The kindness, being empathic, engaging with normals! It's not that they can't be messy or sad, I just can't stand the obnoxious, defensive, victim Jack, the 'completed it mate' bullshit jack or the pile on nasty then 'deleted it mate' Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I was just thinking that I like this Jack. It's The kindness, being empathic, engaging with normals! It's not that they can't be messy or sad, I just can't stand the obnoxious, defensive, victim Jack, the 'completed it mate' bullshit jack or the pile on nasty then 'deleted it mate' Jack.
Sadly it won't last - it never, ever does.

Also I still strongly dislike this Jack lol.

• Heart
You know how we discovered we're the same person about 84 threads ago?

WE HAVE THE SAME SIZE FINGERS.

My goodness. What a day 😂
we’ll need your height to two decimal places and the ethnic composition of your arse to confirm whether we came from the same Vlad funded cloning unit

(also how bad is it that she attributes ethnicities to arses? Writing that out I was like... is this okay?!?!)

• Haha
Reactions: 43
There are a few things irking me about the sausage recipe we are treated to this morning (apart from the fingering which is a Poundshop version of Nigella-speak)

No oil mentioned in ingredients or costed for (which she is SCRUPULOUS about because she HaTeS it when others don’t. How dare they!). And, I imagine this recipe uses a fair amount.

The smallest, pettiest thing but also it irrritated the heck out of me. Isn’t progeny a sort of plural or mass noun? I am no grammar ace but that sentence about her son really jarred with me and I think it’s her use of an “a”. Anyway - she definitely needs someone to review and double check things before going to “print” as is evidenced time and time again.
That sausage recipe makes no sense. It's reminiscent of old style vegan/veggie cookbooks, when you couldn't get vegetarian sausages easily. Now, every supermarket stocks multiple brands, plus usually their own brand. The old style Linda McCartney ones are often on offer for as little as £1 per pack of six (16p a sausage). I cook almost everything from scratch and am a level 7 vegan (much like @Fruitjack ) but I would never bother making vegan sausages from scratch. The whole point of them is that they are a convenience food and can be put from freezer directly in the oven.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
There is absolutely no way those sausages are homemade! Homemade veggie sausages do not look like that. Can someone try to make these to prove it? I hate sausages in all form so can be immediately excused from the duty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
There is absolutely no way those sausages are homemade! Homemade veggie sausages do not look like that. Can someone try to make these to prove it? I hate sausages in all form so can be immediately excused from the duty.
I like a vegan sausage, but I hate vegan cheese, so I SHAN'T.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
They look suspiciously like Shroomdogs to me 🤥

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I am not a vegan (although we do Veganuary and have cut back massively on all animal products) and Linda has been a big help! Her sausages and burgers are pretty good as a convenience food on occasion. We always have some in the freezer and make a point of stocking up when on offer. The offers have been very limited of late though, but I discovered that Lidl did the standard ones at a reasonable price when not on promotion elsewhere.

I agree - the recipe is a big faff for little reward. Buy a box from the supermarket for a quarter of the price and zero effort!

Reactions: 22
Just to add that women being conditioned to pity creepy-as-tit men is how so many of us end up being murdered by them. I’m not trying to victim blame there at all, but that inherent impulse to be polite to and show concern for a wounded or weird man is drilled into us from when we’re tiny and it’s absolutely toxic. I think we can frame him as pitiable, but let’s not overdo it.
yes yes yes this, one of the best things I learned (from a murder podcast 😂) is to ‘duck politeness’. If you think someone is being creepy or they give you the ick feeling, it’s not our job to politely excuse ourselves so that they don’t feel bad. You just get away from it and keep yourself safe and there’s no guilt to be had there. Even if they turn out to be harmless, better to risk offending someone and apologise later than to become a statistic.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I'm game for a laugh so I'll do it, I'm only doing half a batch though, I'll have to remember to put chestnuts on my wallpaper planner.
Fruitjack, we salute you!

If those sausages really cost 38p to make and really are as popular with her whole house as she claims, then why doesn't she make those instead of forcing her son to eat the cheapest, shittiest sausages on the market? (cos she's lying, it's a rhetorical question obvs)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Do you think she's finally beginning to take note of the "this is a more sympathetic approach" response as modelled by the cabal? I like Nice Jack a hell of a lot more than any of her other incarnations, but it baffles me when a non-me me meeeeee response comes out of left field.
Yeah i actually thought she did something nice here without making it about herself

Keep it up Jack

Last edited:
Reactions: 18

Nah, I am with you on the jarring sentence. Also "culinary defiant" makes no sense here? I believe it should be "culinarily defiant" to make sense grammatically, but it's also just a clumsy, ugly, pretentious sentence. If SB doesn't like "bits" in his food, it's probably because his mum blends and blitzes everything into unrecognisable sludge.

Her "eternal shame" relates to SB 😞

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.