Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel sorry for some of her squiggles (Nims, or the winter fuel lady, or the one who sent a trolley) because they take her at her word and actually think she’s trying to help people.
She seems to either have very sweet, slightly naive and possibly vulnerable superfans or the other type - the type that sets off major red flags. Nothing in between.

Reactions: 20
Sadly it won't last - it never, ever does.

Also I still strongly dislike this Jack lol.
I dislike this Jack too. Because I know what she's really like, and how self centred she actually is, so all these niceties just come across as insincere to me 😕.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
I dislike this Jack too. Because I know what she's really like, and how self centred she actually is, so all these niceties just come across as insincere to me 😕.
It makes me wonder what she's really up to. No one does such an about face without an ulterior motive.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Fruitjack, we salute you!

If those sausages really cost 38p to make and really are as popular with her whole house as she claims, then why doesn't she make those instead of forcing her son to eat the cheapest, shittiest sausages on the market? (cos she's lying, it's a rhetorical question obvs)
38p each. She is spending the best part of a fiver on chestnuts.

Reactions: 24
Sorry to harp on about the sausages but just re-read it and ....Jack, what liquid? Please elaborate via twitter. It can’t be the tofu...it’s not that wet and a tablespoon of soy sauce is nothing. What is the stuffing absorbing because that amount of stuffing needs something or the recipe is going to just be dried crumbly mess in a bowl.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
All this chat of her almost being back to herself for the first time since she tortured a kitten in a while will all change in a couple of months time when Louisa’s remembered what a nightmare she is and moved out and when she doesn’t get any more telly bookings from the ten minute iplayer show (lol). Then it will “wah everyone thought I was really happy then and looked fantastic but really I was still a husk of a person wail, wail, wail here’s my tip jar.”

Reactions: 39
Ooh yes I want to see Loppy! I hope the sheep have been ushered away from the horse food now that @Falkor is talking to them again
Debatable - coming to you live from a field on the north coast of Scotland where I've patched 5 out of 11 nibbled bales and am now waiting for my second roll of silage tape to warm up under my jacket!

20201119_102407.jpg

Anyway, this is Loppy.

20201119_100001_capture.jpg

She's the last of 3 pet sheep given to me by a neighbour who was moving away and couldn't take them with her, she's about 12 now. I think every winter it's going to be her last and every year she proves me wrong!

She and Nibbles are best mates.
20201119_095940_capture.jpg

And the last named sheep is my flock leader, April. She's hard to photograph because she's always trying to get into my pockets. You might say she's a greedy goblin ;)
20201119_095658.jpg

She's only two, but she's bright and inquisitive and the rest will happily follow her everywhere.

It's now hailing, so I'm going to get the rest of these bales done before it gets much worse!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 153
Sorry to harp on about the sausages but just re-read it and ....Jack, what liquid? Please elaborate via twitter. It can’t be the tofu...it’s not that wet and a tablespoon of soy sauce is nothing. What is the stuffing absorbing because that amount of stuffing needs something or the recipe is going to just be dried crumbly mess in a bowl.
I think it would be quicker to wait for @Fruitjack to cook/attempt the recipe rather than a twitter update 😏.

Personally, I love the frozen Richmond vegan ones, currently retailing for £2 (for 8) in Tesco. They don’t crumble and aren’t too squishy as many vegan ones can be.

Still here for 🐑 pics btw.

ETA thank (space) you @Falkor, that has made my day!!!!

Reactions: 30
Ugh the Deirdre specs are giving me flashbacks. I stupidly got a pair of big plastic specs like that a few years ago to be “cool” and as soon as I collected them from the opticians and took them home I instantly regretted them. But because I am a Victorian street urchin with no money I was stuck with them for 2 years until my prescription changed :eek: When I got them changed THAT is when everyone was like “thank goodness, those plastic specs were awful”. This is what happens when you try to be cool.

Do we know when the episode will be available?
My husband wore Dennis Nilson killer specs for a year because he took our daughter with him to try on specs. She was about 9 at the time and just said yes to the first pair he tried on. To top it all off he used the specsavers 2 for 1 deal and got 2 pairs exactly the same!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Jack will be fewmin that she is being upstaged on her own thread by some sheep.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I think it would be quicker to wait for @Fruitjack to cook/attempt the recipe rather than a twitter update 😏.

Personally, I love the frozen Richmond vegan ones, currently retailing for £2 (for 8) in Tesco. They don’t crumble and aren’t too squishy as many vegan ones can be.

Still here for 🐑 pics btw.

ETA thank (space) you @Falkor, that has made my day!!!!
I agree but would hate @Fruitjack to waste a perfectly tasty and relatively costly bag or two of chestnuts.

I haven’t tried the Richmond ones. I will grab a bag because when my daughter was a dot, she would only eat the Richmond skinless meat ones - no other sausage would do, now, she doesn’t eat any meat ones but it might be a nice flashback to have a Richmond sausage dinner! 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Debatable - coming to you live from a field on the north coast of Scotland where I've patched 5 out of 11 nibbled bales and am now waiting for my second roll of silage tape to warm up under my jacket!

View attachment 316344

Anyway, this is Loppy.

View attachment 316345

She's the last of 3 pet sheep given to me by a neighbour who was moving away and couldn't take them with her, she's about 12 now. I think every winter it's going to be her last and every year she proves me wrong!

She and Nibbles are best mates.
View attachment 316346

And the last named sheep is my flock leader, April. She's hard to photograph because she's always trying to get into my pockets. You might say she's a greedy goblin ;)
View attachment 316349

She's only two, but she's bright and inquisitive and the rest will happily follow her everywhere.

It's now hailing, so I'm going to get the rest of these bales done before it gets much worse!
Jack's currently googling do sheep have IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) ...

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.