Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see our vampire friend is fishing for contact again. Genuinely terrifying. I am guessing that a block after you have “chatted” and liked posts may result in extra unwarranted attention...with a new account or something. Ignoring would be best, in my opinion but Christ alive, doesn’t it prove in spades that she should be keeping her living and family araingements VERY tightly under wraps.

The sheep are fantastic. Much more interested in the sheep action instead of the the hearty self congratulations being doled out this evening. We have really missed our Country Shows this year - I ALWAYS make a bee line for the livestock judging and pens....the gorgeous animals look like the princes and princesses of the farming kingdom and the sheep are sooooo fuzzy and lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Maybe I'm just a greb who doesn't care if her pale face flannels are stained with mascara or eyeliner (if someone is looking through my flannel drawer more fool them) but I also got some black flannels from a friend who was clearing out prior to a move abroad about 10 years ago and they are perfect, I wash them regularly but they don't look fucked up and I'm not contributing unecc to the unethical cotton or plastc industry with pads and wipes.

See also - black pants for spotting/period. Black bedsheets and blankets aren't in the same category obvs *wink nudge ooer matron* but I dig the aesthetic.
Black flannels is such a good idea. My petrolhead biker dad of all people found some microfibre flannels and put them in my Christmas stocking a couple of years ago (yes I am nearly 30, horribly spoilt child, but dad is an enthusiastic puppybrain at Christmas), which claimed to take off waterproof mascara with just water. I was so sceptical but they’re unbelievably good. I can’t remember the brand though so not my best recommendation post!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I notice Richard stopped replying after this 😬.
Yep. He’s quite happy to patronise the yappy little try-hard with a few indulgent tweets, but no way is he letting her anyway near his brand. Ditto Nigella, actually. And countless other blue-tickers.

Reactions: 47
Jack is so dull. She just goes through the same old motions, time and time again. And again. While her career fizzles down to a crisp.
There’s been some really good advice on these threads - if only she’d stopped to take it on board, things might be quite different for her. She’ll never be a tv star like she seems to want, she just doesn’t have the skills or tv presence, but there are other things she could have built on. But she’s wasted the last few months faffing about on Twitter and making elaborate but useless charts and lists in coloured pens like an 8-year-old. While multiple other food bloggers overtake her.
At this point, I’m just here for the sheep. Bring ‘em on! 🐑🐑❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Black flannels is such a good idea. My petrolhead biker dad of all people found some microfibre flannels and put them in my Christmas stocking a couple of years ago (yes I am nearly 30, horribly spoilt child, but dad is an enthusiastic puppybrain at Christmas), which claimed to take off waterproof mascara with just water. I was so sceptical but they’re unbelievably good. I can’t remember the brand though so not my best recommendation post!
I know I’ve already replied to #flannelchat (I just have a thing about flannels I guess 🤣) but I picked up a pack of 3 fluffy microfibre ones in Home Bargains and I agree they’re great for makeup removal. Sadly I’ve not found them in black which would be the ultimate flannel find, but they wash pretty well so it’s all good.

ps.Love the username @Ouchyfingers 😂

Reactions: 20
Those bleeping glasses! See also Vampire Stalker Bloke, he's wearing a similar pair. Maybe it's because I grew up in the 70s when all specs looked like this, I hated having to wear mine, I guess the young folk now see that style as retro and 'playful' 🤪
And if I ever see a denim shirt again 😤 everything she wears and decorates her crappy dormer with is either blue or grey, does she not know what colour is?
It's late and I'm knackered and I can't believe that after all the tit she's been involved with, what's driven me over the edge is her taste in clothing..

Ps Sorry to the Frauen who might like big specs and denim combos.... and thank you to Nibbles for being in the right place at the right time

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I think the denim shirt thing is nicked from Ina, isn't her 'thing' always wearing those lovely crisp looking denim shirts? Pretty sure everything J says or does is just straight up nicked from somewhere

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Arse. A friend has liked “that” face tune photo and “got my glow back” tweet. Pls send Loppy and or Nibbles ASAP!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Oh god, back to being a dry husk of a shell, with dull dead eyes. Change the record for goodness sake!

All I can say about those glasses is 'why?' Being a speccy frau, I am eternally grateful to the rather overly honest lady at my Specsavers, who told me outright what frames suited me and which ones definitely did not. She would certainly have had something to say about Jack's 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I know I’ve already replied to #flannelchat (I just have a thing about flannels I guess 🤣) but I picked up a pack of 3 fluffy microfibre ones in Home Bargains and I agree they’re great for makeup removal. Sadly I’ve not found them in black which would be the ultimate flannel find, but they wash pretty well so it’s all good.

ps.Love the username @Ouchyfingers 😂
Microfibre cloths make great flannels, they wash well and dry very quickly, one tip is don't use fabric conditioner when washing them, it adds a residue that makes them less effective. Another great thing is they come in a rainbow of colours so you can easily keep them for separate tasks

Reactions: 20
The vampire guy is like good old Stuart on steroids. This is mad. THIS is who she should be afraid of. It pisses me off that she has so much internalised misogyny that she sees the mostly female cabal as a threat, but thrives on compliments from men who go past creepy and into the realm of truly frightening.

...but I may just be mad that I can't get iPlayer without setting up a VPN, so I may miss her triumphant return to the silver big small very very small screen. 😢
This exactly. I'm genuinely concerned for her re. him and I can't believe she mithers on about safety and security and hasn't done anything to dissuade the actual threat right under her nose 😕

1. if she ever shows up on house of games, I will riot.

2. I have a sideways wisdom tooth that sometimes cuts into my inner cheek, I do not understand the logistics of her mouth

3. classic sheepoView attachment 315942
Genuinely excited about this sheep business. They are gorgeous. But I see your large sheepo and raise you this monster:

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
The one you don’t want on your team because you know shes gonna miss that absolute sitter of a catch cos she thinks catching means you have to make your hands like the claws of that grabber game in the arcade.
Now I understand why I've never been able to catch the ball in rounders 😬😬😬

@Falkor thank you for bringing Nibbles into our lives. Never knew a sheep could make me so happy.

On a grunk - has Jack blocked that creepy doll vampire person yet? 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Omg Jack PLEASE block doll maker we are scared FOR you!! When the ninnies are shooketh you know it’s time 😫😫😫

View attachment 316224
but he’s telling her how amazing she is so she’ll not block him. Just highlights that actually she has no concern for her safety when it comes to these threads, she just doesn’t like it that people express a negative view of her ‘body of work’ and call her out on her lies. The actual red flag of someone who is telling her she is his creepy muse for his creepy creepings, but he’s a fan so she’ll actively encourage it 🙄

nobody on here has EVER said we want to go to her house or accost her in the street or go anywhere near her. we know she reads here so: Jack there’s a massive difference between being a fan and being obsessive. Pretty sure he wants to wear your skin, get him binned off.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Thread 107: she can’t pull the wool over our eyes

(I’ll get my (sheepskincoat)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.