Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel a bit sorry for vampire squiggle.
I get that he’s maybe had a difficult time but everyone has their tit. He’s massively inappropriate.

I do feel sorry for him that he’s picked Jack as a muse, because inevitably he’ll end up disappointed 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I'm somewhat jealous of her lovely thick hair. However, I definitely don't want to scalp her and wear it as my own in the way vampire boy seems to want to wear her skin 😲 Proper freaky guy

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Also can’t believe I’ve become a finger diameter truther but there’s no bleeping chance she’s a H, I’m the size up and I can promise you hands in that region do not look like they’ve pawed their way back to Southend from the cold uncaring streets of west London (or whatever other bollocks adjectives she deployed). Honestly she could go free climbing with that bloke who does the huge mountains, no prep needed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
She does have lovely hair...

I feel sorry for some of her squiggles (Nims, or the winter fuel lady, or the one who sent a trolley) because they take her at her word and actually think she’s trying to help people.

Someone making comments that they wish her shirt would ride up while she’s jumping about, or asking for her address with a photo to show how they look like someone who sends flowers just sets off my alarm bells. I get that not everyone has the skills to act appropriately online, but that doesn’t mean they should be encouraged when that many red flags of creep are being shown.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
She’s always at her worst and most slappable when she thinks she’s done a fantastic job. Then the inevitable fallout when it airs and she’s made a complete knob of herself and people tweet innocuous criticism

At least it’ll be edited so they can make her resemble a human being rather than an occupant of hell.

I don’t know if any of you watch it but one of the girls who made it to the final, Laura, has received - at worst - two or three tweets saying she’s clumsy and rubbish (which she is IMO) and even when she hasn’t been tagged in she flies in like a bull in a china shop with some sassy response which I presume she thinks is a burn. So clearly searching her name. Anyway it kind of reminds me of Jack, because she’s tweeted about all this AbUsE and people are now simpering over her and telling her how much they love her. Classic Monroe tactics IMO
I need to pick up on the Bake Off comment. Laura has had threats and abusive DMs not to mention some very nasty comments on Twitter,

She is a lovely human being who volunteers for the Samaritans among other things. Until this year she has never put herself "out there" like this,

In the end we are not here tasting the bakes...Pauo Hollywood and Prue Leith are and if they say she deserves to be in the final then she does. She's totally unlike JM.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I need to pick up on the Bake Off comment. Laura has had threats and abusive DMs not to mention some very nasty comments on Twitter,

She is a lovely human being who volunteers for the Samaritans among other things. Until this year she has never put herself "out there" like this,

In the end we are not here tasting the bakes...Pauo Hollywood and Prue Leith are and if they say she deserves to be in the final then she does. She's totally unlike JM.
Agree with this. Also, even when the abuse is not directed at her, all the comments about it being racist must hurt a lot, as it's still basically saying she didn't deserve to go through by people who haven't tasted anything.

Reactions: 17
Ugh the Deirdre specs are giving me flashbacks. I stupidly got a pair of big plastic specs like that a few years ago to be “cool” and as soon as I collected them from the opticians and took them home I instantly regretted them. But because I am a Victorian street urchin with no money I was stuck with them for 2 years until my prescription changed :eek: When I got them changed THAT is when everyone was like “thank goodness, those plastic specs were awful”. This is what happens when you try to be cool.

Do we know when the episode will be available?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I get that he’s maybe had a difficult time but everyone has their tit. He’s massively inappropriate.

I do feel sorry for him that he’s picked Jack as a muse, because inevitably he’ll end up disappointed 😂
Yeah he may well be harmless (in the sense of no intention to cause physical harm) and just a bit troubled, 'unusual' personality. But he publicly told another blue ticker he wants to bathe naked with her in a bath of blood while he washes her hair 😕. Like on what planet do you think it's ok to say things like that to someone?! Boundaries mate! 🤷

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
I made the Peanut butter jelly granola at the weekend. I've done it before but I tweaked it; this time I did at as written then tried to analyse it in the way she would. It's one of the simplest recipes she has so there wasn't too much too it.

My jam was #gifted so I'll take that off the cost of the recipe. My peanut butter was more expensive as I use the type I normally buy for toast. I did use the oven while it was on for something else, as she suggests, but I very rarely ever cook anything else on 160 degrees, so I had to have it on for longer, which was a bit pointless. As well as the oven and the baking tray, I needed a microwave and 2 medium sized microwaveable bowls, a spatula and an airtight glass jar. I also needed more oil than she said as the oats just felt basically like dry oats after the mixing, this could be because my PB is just nuts where the cheaper ones have added oil.

It tasted OK, not really like granola but more like a soft cheap, crushed up flackjack, which I'm OK with. But the biggest fault lies in the portion sizes. It says it serves 8 at 8p per portion. I am not a huge eater, I had normal sized bowls, not tiny, not huge (Tesco cereal bowls nowhere near full) and I got 4. That's HALF the recipe size. I also needed to add milk, and as it's listed as a vegan recipe, that means non dairy. I use for preference the cheapest you can get anyway, Aldi own brand unsweetened soya, which requires a trip to a different supermarket.....

So yes, one of her least chaotic, easiest to manage and hardest to mess up recipes, there you go.

Reactions: 39
It will be interesting to watch this thing and see how many references to herself she's managed to shoehorn in. Single mother, poor, benefits, ailments, fire service, chaos, weird little brain, etc etc... Jack bingo anyone?
This will 100% happen. She absolutely cannot write/say anything without 'when I was poor and in a freezing flat...'

Can I have a tenner on 1 minute 37 seconds please?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Oh and also, have you ever seen a more unnecessarily complex way to roll a sausage shape than the one in that vegan sausage recipe? And in that same recipe she admits that her preferred way of chopping onions is to pulverize them with a large heavy knife, presumably that's on the days where her arthritis isn't a problem.

While I'm at it with the vegan sausages, what are people doing with the leftover 89g of silken tofu? Even as a hardcore level 7 vegan this would puzzle me a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I feel a bit sorry for vampire squiggle.
Yes - he is clearly a product of desperate personal times combined with next to zero support from the resources he definitely needed at some point. I scrolled down yesterday and he has mentioned a lot of issues including homelessness and self harm. I have every sympathy for him but I am still also very scared by him. He is probably only a danger to himself but I wouldn’t want to take a chance.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
While I'm at it with the vegan sausages, what are people doing with the leftover 89g of silken tofu? Even as a hardcore level 7 vegan this would puzzle me a bit.
Just bung it in a curry, stew or dal for a softy softy soft soft meal, dear heart x

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Also can’t believe I’ve become a finger diameter truther but there’s no bleeping chance she’s a H, I’m the size up and I can promise you hands in that region do not look like they’ve pawed their way back to Southend from the cold uncaring streets of west London (or whatever other bollocks adjectives she deployed). Honestly she could go free climbing with that bloke who does the huge mountains, no prep needed.
You know how we discovered we're the same person about 84 threads ago?

WE HAVE THE SAME SIZE FINGERS.

My goodness. What a day 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
The Dior ad is less photoshopped tho 😫 Left hand side you can see brickwork painted, right hand side by Jackie the blur tool has plastered, mist coated, and painted that wall
The doctor's jumper loses its texture pattern halfway down! She's such a head with facetune.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.