Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I misunderstanding what this sponsor bot? Is it more than just a picture of an egg with legs? Or is that it? I don’t get it. It reminds me a bit of the Microsoft paper clip but a fat version and i can’t see how that would help someone to stop drinking?
Because being showered with expensive gifts makes her not drink for a bit?

Otherwise known as Blackmail

Sobriety: Taking it One G(r)ift at a Time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
hilarious that this big reveal has such poor engagement. Nobody gives a tit Jack. Twitter followers are not real friends, and neither are ex girlfriends who have only returned out of misplaced guilt.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Wow. Just wow.

Vlad is trying to tempt me with fetching clothing again and I might get this one, as it has a lovely picture of Cooper having just read Jack’s Twitter posts of today
B4CF0B2E-FE72-406F-B340-28F7DA81FD41.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Ear worm to Pulp's Common People; his GF thinking going around the supermarket with no money is such a laugh. Jarvis cuts in with his 'but I don't see anyone else laughing'.

Wow. Just wow.

Vlad is trying to tempt me with fetching clothing again and I might get this one, as it has a lovely picture of Cooper having just read Jack’s Twitter posts of today View attachment 313065
Wonder if the algorithm tried to produce a hair shirt

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Anyone not seeking an attention dividend, would just make the purchase without fanfare by compelling the merchant to publicly facilitate the transaction.

Why...is she being like this...? Like, polite-ish? So unnerving.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think she has seen the clear and present danger of an unfavourable article, and is preparing her defence.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Am I misunderstanding what this sponsor bot? Is it more than just a picture of an egg with legs? Or is that it? I don’t get it. It reminds me a bit of the Microsoft paper clip but a fat version and i can’t see how that would help someone to stop drinking?
I am so incredibly tempted Fraus but this is too serious an issue to deploy old clippy!

Just know I had something in very bad taste prepared 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
We’ve frequently mentioned Jack’s poor use of English.

I bet she gets treated at the hospicle pacifically for her malaises.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Sober for 2 years... Apart from the odd glass of wine that was mentioned in a podcast around June time.

I'm not judging the difficult reality of trying to move away from addiction but I do question the authenticity of what is being said. If it's 2 years great, if it's 2 weeks well done, if it's days, good for you. But don't lie publicly, it's not fair on anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Anyone spotted any signs of life from the crappy shades of brown postcards? Did she really just create the hashtag to trick people into signing up then delete all mention of it ever happening?

• Angry
Reactions: 32
I promise I'm not going to post and post and post about this but it's just gobsmacking, I will never get over it. I could not believe what I was reading when the penny dropped that she's not promoting a universal abstinence tool but a personalised cartoon? Honestly, words fail me.
Is that all it is? I thought it s some sort of amazing app or something, or someone she can phone or message

Because being showered with expensive gifts makes her not drink for a bit?

Otherwise known as Blackmail

Sobriety: Taking it One G(r)ift at a Time.
Next thread title?

Reactions: 22
Fraus, I must confess, confused as I was about ‘sponsorbot’, I did google the artist’s book as I have a friend who likes that sort of stuff and my bonus from Vlad is due any day now 🤞🏻
Anyway, the recommendation underneath it was so apt it’s scary
3EFE0FA1-A0B4-4AF9-9CD0-9437EAEB9A1E.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
She is the sort of person who would give you an apple and ask you to pay for the privilege of eating it.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Anyone not seeking an attention dividend, would just make the purchase without fanfare by compelling the merchant to publicly facilitate the transaction.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think she has seen the clear and present danger of an unfavourable article, and is preparing her defence.

So trashy to announce your (very minor) charitable acts to your 280,000 followers. I hate this more than anything.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.