Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I misunderstanding what this sponsor bot? Is it more than just a picture of an egg with legs? Or is that it? I don’t get it. It reminds me a bit of the Microsoft paper clip but a fat version and i can’t see how that would help someone to stop drinking?
It would be more likely to drive me to drink.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Not sure if the SmolBot (Smol - 😤) drama has meant this has slipped past scrutiny but I genuinely snorted and booted at this. The eco queen is surely not going to be loving this kinda content!
omg! so on the night that a programme Louisa has been proudly working on has finally aired, Jack decided was the right time to tell a heart strings-tugging story about her relapse and the power of social media for good? bleeping classic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
She is the sort of person who would give you an apple and ask you to pay for the privilege of eating it.
And gaslight you into feeling guilty for eating it.

So trashy to announce your (very minor) charitable acts to your 280,000 followers. I hate this more than anything.
So grotesque isn't it? She can't even do a minor good deed without it being for show. Didn't she once donate to a food bank and there were photos put up of bags with her name emblazoned across, so everyone could see what she had donated? 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 56
Anyone not seeking an attention dividend, would just make the purchase without fanfare by compelling the merchant to publicly facilitate the transaction.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think she has seen the clear and present danger of an unfavourable article, and is preparing her defence.

She has definitely been rumbled rattled by Kirsty.

Reactions: 40
She has definitely been rumbled rattled by Kirsty.
It’s too little, too late though. All the receipts are here - including her 93% or whatever it was, of her meagre wages being swallowed up by her rent....and Ocado deliveries.

Still - the optimist in me hopes that some scrutiny from anyone might stop the grift from poor folks winter fuel payment. Or, if BB is willing to fund her ridiculous life of consumer excess, at least her fans aren’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Whether it's a carafe or a bleeping vase she shouldn't be drinking from it. That's not what withe rof those things are for. bleeping fanny.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Whatever next for heart of gold-Monroe. She'll be up for a Pride of Britain next year at this rate

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Anyone not seeking an attention dividend, would just make the purchase without fanfare by compelling the merchant to publicly facilitate the transaction.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think she has seen the clear and present danger of an unfavourable article, and is preparing her defence.

Tbh I think Jack promoting buy a strangers book day, is a good thing. She may be doing it for self interested purposes, but at least she appears to be trying.

I only dislike her when she behaves like a bleep or tells lies. Her fantasy injuries and hideous meals I find entertaining.

Reactions: 26
Still - the optimist in me hopes that some scrutiny from anyone might stop the grift from poor folks winter fuel payment. Or, if BB is willing to fund her ridiculous life of consumer excess, at least her fans aren’t.
We can only hope, sadly I fear some squiggles are too blinded by her lies, they’d give her their life savings for a like on Twitter.

Reactions: 17
So trashy to announce your (very minor) charitable acts to your 280,000 followers. I hate this more than anything.
I don't think she has ever done a quiet good deed in her life. It all end up in a tweetshow.

I don't like her either when she is being a dick and I agree she is trying so good on her. I just wish she would do more quiet good deeds and stop wanting all the love for sending people a crunchie because they cannot be fucked to walk to the shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
oh, I meant to say earlier, but Brand New System For Desk has gone On The List

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
(on an IncyGrunk)

I remember her asking for a drawing of a sponsorbot.

Screenshot_20201116-222537_Opera.jpg

He tweeted her. She replied (jokingly) asking if he had a 'sponsorbot' she could borrow (or something similar).

Assuming one of her followers saw what she said and then commissioned the drawing.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
(on an IncyGrunk)

I remember her asking for a drawing of a sponsorbot.

View attachment 313162

He tweeted her. She replied (jokingly) asking if he had a 'sponsorbot' she could borrow (or something similar).

Assuming one of her followers saw what she said and then commissioned the drawing.
Or she did and it’s another bar of soap left by a kind stranger on the doorstep guise.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Was someone keeping a list of words Jack doesn't understand? Put 'incremental' on there. It took me a while to work out what it was she even meant and then I realised she'd got it confused with 'instrumental'. If I was feeling generous I would suggest her sausage fingers mangled the word so badly that autocarrot had to step in and try to rectify the situation.

I'm not feeling generous. She's a bleeping idiot.

She must have autocarrot turned off anyway, otherwise she'd have to actively fight it every time she types 'thankyou'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Was someone keeping a list of words Jack doesn't understand? Put 'incremental' on there.
I'm not feeling generous. She's a bleeping idiot.

#saltysideboards 🙌

Tbh I think Jack promoting buy a strangers book day, is a good thing. She may be doing it for self interested purposes, but at least she appears to be trying.

I only dislike her when she behaves like a bleep or tells lies. Her fantasy injuries and hideous meals I find entertaining.

Fair point. Maybe stating that "I have purchased 2 copies via the #buyastrangerabookday at @Biggreenbooks and encourage others" would have sufficed.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Bringing her grifting "A" game as always.

It works on one level because it signals to squiggles that these mysterious "others" (JM lol) are anonymously gifting her things, and so they should too. It also lets them know that they too could win a twitter headpat from JM.

Someone else pointed put the oh-so-subtle PATREON in the photo earlier.

She's grinding today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.