Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100% this. He's using his platform to try and make the world better, and that's entirely separate from earning money at his day job and spending it on property. Perhaps the Daily Fail should start a petition to cut footballers wages if they think this is such newsworthy content? The owner of Amazon can earn billions in the space of a few days off the backs of poorly treated employees but a young lad who grew up in poverty can't buy his mum a house with his wages? Okay 🙄

Out of interest, I'm assuming Jack has been defending her best mate over this? Or maybe she's concerned it'll lead to people taking a look at her own living sitch?
You'd think they'd prefer that he spend his wages on champagne, prostitutes, drugs and obscenely expensive designer rubbish for himself and any girlfriend, instead of making sure that his mother, siblings and himself are comfortable and secure for the future.

Reactions: 29
Right, I read pretty dense academic texts for a living but I’m not sure I understand this - is she saying that someone commissioned a drawing of a robot for her following her relapse?

And is she then crediting this drawing for not re-relapsing, above the vast knowledge and support system offered by AA or other alcohol advocacy organisations?

Have I got this right? She’s seriously saying a grifted gifted picture is more effective than a structured programme?

She is actively, irresponsibly dangerous.
I had to read it a few times thinking “wtf is a sponsorbot? I thought it was something a bit like Siri but obviously for people who are struggling, turns out it’s a picture 🙄.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
So the onions and garlic are not fried off, just simmered for 30 minutes with already cooked tinned beans, and then for a further 20 minutes with added mandarins and (rinsed) tinned stewed steak? 50 minutes of fuel use to warm through things that have already been cooked to softness in the canning process? This is helping those on limited incomes??

(And that's before we get into the question of tinned mandarins subbing for caramelised orange slices....)
Many, many threads ago someone had made this and said it was disgusting

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This of all things is the one that set me off today and I flipped.
Being as I DO have ADHD and actually AM autistic.
Especially as I am smack bang in the middle of my endocrine system withdrawing hormones from me.
This fucks with my medication and trying to get everything 'balanced' again is proving complicated and her trite little message...
Well, no... Just no. Not today.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
I showed the picture to Mr ssw as he wondered what I was saying “is she taking the piss?” For now and he said “I don’t get it it looks like some sort of bomb just waiting to go off and what’s with the whatever you need it’s there surely that can’t help”. He also questioned
the spoon with the orange heart floating above it

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Randomly recommended to me on YouTube, despite watching nothing ever remotely similar ever as 🤮

(I did not view it.)

I feel watched, Vlad!!
Screenshot_20201116_204329.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
She has absolutely outdone herself today, despite claiming that she wouldn’t be tweeting much due to ouchy mouth number 362.

Crediting a drawing with stopping her from hitting the bottle is one of the most dangerous, downright stupid things I’ve ever seen her do. And that includes kitten gate. It’s just so harmful, why can’t her weird twisted little brain see that?!

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.