Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning. It is November 4th and Jack is the Southend correspondent for the US election.

Um, just a question for those of you living in the future...Is Louisa back?
No skipping ahead, cheeky, no spoilers for you. You have such sights ahead...

ETA that is a bastardised Hellraiser quote for anyone wondering, I was going to deploy the Gif but I know Vlad frowns upon that sort of thing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
@MooBelle I don’t know how to send you a coded signal back to the past, but in answer to you question.... “is Louisa back?”
Put it this way: to protect her privacy, she has been rechristened from Mrs J to variations of Bubble Buddy, Buddle, BB, and she/her. Also to protect her privacy, Jack has only told half a million (!) people that BB’s name begins with L, she’s never cooked, is over 40, and comes and goes for work. Even more private is L’s Strava, which shows her regularly going to and from the crappy bungalow. She also apparently checks with #buddle before she Tweets about how tit she is. So no, it’s private and don’t ask!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Dearest Frauen,

You know what’s really made me howl with rage? Her making light about making a will at this point in time DURING A PANDEMIC (which she seems not to be taking particularly seriously, flouncing and scampering to the shops for all manner of ephemera).

It made me think about frontline workers, many of whom have been young with children, who have had to ACTUALLY make wills and face that they may die doing their jobs. Just seems in really bad taste? I know she’s #actuallyautistic but read the ducking room.
It's in truly appalling taste. I had to do an advanced directive back in March and loads of people have asked me about DNRs in the last couple of months. It's not actually funny to think about your own potentially imminent death.

Heaven knows I make sick jokes about these things (I think most people do, or at least medical people) but I don't do it in public, much less in front of a quarter of a million people.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Honestly, when the time comes to look back on this year, I will look back on Thread #31 with a warm heart. Normally always late to the party, I feel honoured that I was there that Wednesday. It was just beautiful ❤
It really was the most marvellous day, wasn't it?! I can remember what I was wearing, what I was working on. It was truly glorious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Omg I'm absolutely criiiiiiiinging for her. I believe her now that Louisa moved in as a friend, but Jack obviously thought it'd be like shooting pixies on a sideboard to get her back into bed. The reminders of their first pasta-scented shag, the endless hooting with their shared *brilliant* humour (don't we get on soooooo well??), the shuffling around outside her room and "accidentally" bashing your leg for sympathy and attention - pwease kiss it better wahhhhhh 🥴
unless bb is sharing her bed and Jack is trying to deflect the talk about bb being a duck buddy.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
SHE TESTS THE FOOD!

She must get paid ALOT. Or Jack has managed to find someone with no working tastebuds.
Was she privy to the purple pasta and slime... has she taken a bite from the donuts and approved? Does peach curry make her monthly meal plan..... I NEED TO KNOW MORE

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
This is what I see in my head when I imagine her scuttling (I didn't add the crown, that's part of the costume. Also that's not one of her pop tarts, it's an iPhone)

View attachment 310855

Why would you put condensed milk in a doughnut dough? That'll make it hella dense and sweet AF and that's before the mincemeat even joins the party. It's almost as if she doesn't know what she's doing. Was the condensed milk part of her £20 shop or was it reclining elegantly in her rammed-to-the-rafters store cupboards? I suppose it could have been either a puddle or buddle gift.
Rammed to the rafters but reclining elegantly would be a great thread title!

Reactions: 16
Honestly, when the time comes to look back on this year, I will look back on Thread #31 with a warm heart. Normally always late to the party, I feel honoured that I was there that Wednesday. It was just beautiful ❤
I loved it when you were like - ‘it’s not really her, guys.’ Then you said, ‘Not going to lie, I’m surprised it’s you’ 😂😂❤
And Blurst just kept telling her to go away 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
If @Jack_M said it, then so can I, dammit! What Jack says goes!View attachment 311181
Ah, I remember the day fondly. I actually did go for a piss and a sandwich after that post, only to come back and find she hadn't gone anywhere, but was still mithering on about something or other. She also never answered my questions about her triangulation and minimum wage claims.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Babe, same. It was a wonderful afternoon.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I was gutted to miss the live action thread 31 (damn time difference), but catching up was just amazing 😂 You lot were absolutely on top form that day!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.