Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What was the recipe she said was coming with a secret ingredient that everyone guessed was aquafaba (whatevs) and she then went quiet.

also, anyone got a FSOB postcard yet? Though I have a new theory on that...perhaps people looked at the price and thought nah I can’t justify that but I’ll bung her the low tier to support her. Win win for Jack!
I’ve often thought that - they’re not bothered about the postcards as they’re obviously pretty basic so that’s why so few are kicking up a fuss.

Reactions: 23
Oh my bleeping Christ, 2am on a Saturday and she still can’t stop herself tweeting that she HAS NO ASSETS*

*other than a designer wardrobe and a house so crammed with expensive furniture that no shin is safe.

Get a life, you demonic berk.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I quite often walk into things and get a bruise on my leg. I'm very average in terms of height, so I think it's less to do with being tall or short and more to do with being clumsy!

You wouldn't know it from my social media though, because "I walked into a table. It hurts a bit, but it's not that bad and I'll forget it in a few minutes" is not compelling content.

I also try to avoid WAILING in the middle of the night, because I like my neighbours.
I think it is also a sign that her crappy bungalow is overcrowded with masses of furniture.
Why does she need to clutter the landing with a load of furniture? There's so much room in that massive house it is not necessary to fill every square inch with pieces from the Cotswold catalogue.

Reactions: 37
The fact she has no assets means she doesn't have to write a will. She's so desperate to show everyone look, I am this FAMOUS and yet still so poor.

She just comes across as desperate all the time. Desperate for love, attention, work, money, the big house.

For her own mental health she would be better keeping herself off twitter except for recipie writing, she got a friend now so she doesn't need to tweet shite about their giggly antics. Just bleeping love for the moment and stop trying to validate your existence for a few cheap likes on twitter.

Reactions: 39
Just checked my Instagram, and there is no escape...
(Considering how in her niche 'store cupboard one pound meals' is, she's being suspiciously nice to Miguel...)

Screenshot_20201115_090832.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I'm behind but she made doughnuts?
Did anyone see the flour, yeast, sugar, egg, butter, condensed milk (wtf?) Etc in her £20 shopping?
does it say much that I’ve been really strict with my diet and exercise so at the moment any sign of a treat makes me drool with longing, and the sight of those doughnuts left me cold 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Her little anecdote last night once again reminding us of her complete lack of respect for other people / boundaries.

I could be wrong but isn't purposely disturbing people's sleep another abusive trait?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Your limited company accountant is going to give a duck about your personal affairs, much less your will? I don’t know if she’s actually thick as tit or just tight and not willing to pay people for professional services (see: her web guy).

I feel so sorry for for SB that this is the extent of his wealthy mother’s planning for him too. At least she’s managed to acquire several pairs of £400 curtains tho and that’s what matters most 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
What was the recipe she said was coming with a secret ingredient that everyone guessed was aquafaba (whatevs) and she then went quiet.

also, anyone got a FSOB postcard yet? Though I have a new theory on that...perhaps people looked at the price and thought nah I can’t justify that but I’ll bung her the low tier to support her. Win win for Jack!
That was the vegan pudding in my profile pic

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Also, regarding the will, anyone with a child should have a will. They don't need to cost much, but that way you can decide what should happen were the worst to happen. Not what would happend to your bleeping fridge, but what would happen to your child.

A will is the responsible thing to do for those you leave behind. I know people who have lost close family members without a will and it ends in petty drama and a lot of stress, even if no one is being deliberately malicious. A good friend of mine recently lost her mother. The friend has a very difficult relationship with her siblings. She said her mother's clear will prevented her from having to have difficult and possibly combative conversations with her siblings and she was so grateful that it existed.

Ok, PSA over.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.