Jack Monroe #100 Jack Monroe and The Jimmy Nail Experience - she’s still lying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought a black/red striped Kurt Cobain style jumper and a pair of red converse because I was not like other girls I was a very very cool, alt and emo girl okay! 😆 My first paycheck was a huge amount of dough (for me) after working almost full time at a pharmacy during the summer, I was 16!

ETA: I was in charge of the soaps, sunscreen, and anything else you would find in a pharmacy EXCEPT for the prescription counter which I never had any reason to be anywhere near as obviously you have to be trained and qualified for that. Hear that, Jack?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I think my first ever wage went on trainers - can’t say for sure. As a Saturday girl I earned £1.36 per hour FANCY
I once babysat for a quite middle class couple, earning £10. They came home about 2 in the morning and called me a cab. A black cab, not a mini cab. Cost me £7.50 to get home. And to be fair I would have walked if I could have given them the slip. I was buying my own school shoes cOz wE wOz PoOr pls send cash (rattles tin)
Wow that's awful, they should have paid for your taxi!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
With my first pay I bought Shaun of the Dead on DVD and a load of clothes from New Look. For some reason I was really into Trinny & Susannah’s book at the time and 16 year old me followed their tips on dressing 50 years older than I was. I distinctly remember a knee length brown skirt and green jumper combo than I wouldn’t be seen dead in now. My emo phase started a year later and hasn’t ended.
Hahaaa my mum had their book and I remember being about 14 struggling to apply their advice to my own wardrobe of converse and vest tops.

I can’t recall what my first pay bought but I would be very surprised to find out it was anything but drinks and cigarettes. Sadly, much more likely to be a can of Tennents than a Wedgewood tea cup.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m pretty sure my first wage went on cigarettes and a go halves on vodka. We had a dodgy newsagents that sold to underage 16/17 year olds. Forever bringing this class to the cabal aren’t I? 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I could only see a couple of Lockdown Larder requests on Twitter today, so that petered out pretty quickly didn’t it.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m pretty sure my first wage went on cigarettes and a go halves on vodka. We had a dodgy newsagents that sold to underage 16/17 year olds. Forever bringing this class to the cabal aren’t I? 🤣
yeah i can't remember what mine went on but i'm willing to bet it was probably vodka and a pack of camel blues because *fancy*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I could only see a couple of Lockdown Larder requests on Twitter today, so that petered out pretty quickly didn’t it.
Monday ☑
Tuesday ☑
Wednesday ☑ but says she's just going to @ people from now on
Thursday - 'loses track of time', is late, continues to quote tweet
Friday ⁉

Total followers lost - 450+ in 4 days.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Wish I were on Twitter, I could ask her what to do with the tinned Fray Bentos pie and tin of lychees I found at the back of the cupboard. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
My first pay packet from working at a local butchers went on a Chinese takeaway, a bottle of Malibu and 20 B&H (classy!) 😂I vaguely remember giving £20 to my mum to go towards the bills. I also think I went up to Oxford Street to buy new shoes at Shelleys (if any of you older frauen remember their wonderful store with all the trendy shoes.)

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Monday ☑
Tuesday ☑
Wednesday ☑ but says she's just going to @ people from now on
Thursday - 'loses track of time', is late, continues to quote tweet
Friday ⁉

Total followers lost - 450+ in 4 days.
As I say, the attention span of a gnat.

• Haha
Wish I were on Twitter, I could ask her what to do with the tinned Fray Bentos pie and tin of lychees I found at the back of the cupboard. 😂
Blend it all up and bung some curry powder in x. Don't forget you can make yourself a hat from the Fray Bentos tin, bit of tinsel will have it nice and festive x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
My first pay packet was so long ago I have no recollection of what I bought.😂 It was no doubt some frivolousness, I remember loads of those sorts of purchases in my youth, so could have been one of many. A full length brown pvc maxi trench raincoat was one that stands out. 😬
One of my first jobs was a Saturday 5-10pm shift. I still made it out clubbing but due to not having time for the pubs beforehand I saved money and bought one of those ridiculously ugly silver hifi sets with a 3 cd changer and multi coloured flashing display. I loved it!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.