Jack Monroe #100 Jack Monroe and The Jimmy Nail Experience - she’s still lying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have we seen this gem before? Ruby T interviews dear Jackie. In this particular gem we learn that Jackie learned all about curing meats working at a supermarket counter.

“I look back and nearly all of my early jobs were in food,” she recounts. “Darren at Debenhams taught me how to cook an egg on the hot plate, and at the supermarket I worked at, I was on the cheese and ham counter for a while. My god, that was fun. I learned loads about cheese and curing meats.”

ETA apologies for the overuse of gem. I'm tired.
Jesus bleeping Christ, why does she think this is notable? A lot of people start off working minimum wage jobs in the food industry, doesn’t mean they’re destined to make a career out of it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 29
FFS this is in a Facebook group I like
It's so sad that people think this is 'legendary' behaviour. Even if you're not closely following her antics, receiving a Twirl in the post is just mediocre. She could've Paypalled them all a pound and they could've bought 4 each. Add in the cost of the postage and well...

Let's just assume she bought all those sweets with £20 from the tip jar. She's sending the idiots back a very small percentage of their own fecking stolen money and they're calling her a legend for doing it 🤦

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
As well as being v bad for the environment - those plastic Jiffy bags are renowned for shedding their labels in the post. It’s really easy to peel the address labels from them. There only needs to be a corner of sticky label exposed for that label to attach itself to another item of post and whoops, addressless padded envelope.

The squiggles might not receive their flat fragments of confectionery or Monster Munch crumbs. 🙁

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I have a (small) drawer just for my special sparkly pens. I also went through a wax seal phase and an ink stamp phase. I LOVE stationery 😂
Oh yes! To me, lovely stationery means... potential. A clean page, planning, a new start! The joy of a fountain pen.

Sorry....went a bit ..floridly JM there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Still on my perpetual grunk. However, I bought Miguel Barclay's vegan(not ish) book which came today and it's great. Almost everything is storecupboard staples with a couple of veg added, with simple, easy to follow recipes with no slop. Would highly recommend. She must detest him - he's not just up in her niche, he's surpassed it.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Hello Frau und Herr! Short-time lurker here (apart from one TOO SHORT post). Grunking my way through this thread but I wanted to say thank you for the hoots I’ve had at your collective rapier wit!

I found the coven because a blogger I like expressed a concern about snarking. Blogger in question hadn’t actually visited Tattle as they were too nervous. Which drove me straight here as I am sick of the grifting and shilling fuckwittery of influencers. If you monetise your life, expect attendant scrutiny IMO.

The Jack threads caught my eye, and I’ve been lurking since no. 78. I remember reading her first columns in the Grauniad. I’ve always detested her and found her a cosplay bleep. Poverty my fanny. She’s also highly derivative, a sub-Nigella. Her writing is like bad fan fiction. Fifty shades of beige indeed! She’s also as thick as (90% vegan mince and needs a good scrub.

I nearly succumbed to one of her recipes at the start of lockdown as it was on a Hush newsletter and I was feeling all ‘Blitz spirit in poncey pyjamas’. It was the peach and chickpea curry... it never got made as I actually read the bleeping recipe before committing opener to tin. Thank god. My drains wouldn’t be able to cope with it.

It’s so sad to see how many people she’s taken in. And how she doesn’t care. I’m certain she has a PD (EUPD) but she’s still a vile piece of work even if she has. Keep up the good work as her day will come!

edited for typos!
Poverty fanny is MY aesthetic never mind Jack's ❤ well done you

• Haha
Reactions: 14
God the bloody cutlery drawer looked like that back in 2019!

View attachment 300823
I’m not being funny but where the duck are her mates?! Wouldn’t you intervene if your friend’s drawers were looking like this?

I can’t believe I’m talking about the drawers like they’re a ravaging coke problem but honestly they’re not normal are they???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I have only used a fountain pen my whole writing life. Italic nib. (Or a pencil)
Babe, same x !!!! I thought I was just weird! No italic nib, but trusty old fountain pen I've had since school, or a nice pencil (I have some snazzy ones with stars all over them atm.)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.