Jack Monroe #100 Jack Monroe and The Jimmy Nail Experience - she’s still lying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm actually raging that she's sending chocolate to strangers for Twitter clout when two weeks ago she had the begging bowl out. Surely she'd have known she had a "royalty cheque" coming in? Also not quite sure popping to the shop to buy Monster Munch and Lion Bars for your Twitter followers can reasonably be classed as "essential" in lockdown...:unsure:

It really makes me feel glad for my stressful, full time job when I see her raking in more than my monthly wage through Patreon for doing precisely duck all.
She
Couldn’t
Afford
Butter

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
If she responds to this very good question, it'll be to say "I don't have to explain every aspect of my life" or some such bullshitty remark
Screenshot_20201105-111249.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
When I first became self employed 🔺a client paid me to spend a day stuffing envelopes.
1. I stuffed loads (can't remember how many but must have been a few hundred - low hundreds?).
2. I got into a routine and had quite the production line going.
3. They were personalised so I needed to pay attention and no dinosaur naps.
4. I really enjoyed myself, it was so satisfactory - only lasted a week but all part of starting out in your business.
5. And this was before self sticking stamps so even had to lick (🤢) the stamps (the water spongey thingy didn't hold its own).
6. When you're paid to do something for your customers (yes Jack your Patreon people are customers) we bloody well do it, on time, to a high standard and without belittling / threatening / bullying them - it's called business, to provide us an income to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table - whether that be crappy bungalow and slop, or other more palatable options.
7. Been reading the threads but not commenting much because I've been BUSY ok? but Congrats Cabel you bunch of superior ninnies on reaching thread 100 🎉🎊 I absolutely love your wit, receipts, detective work and above all holding Jack to account, it's just not cricket to be deceitful and press gang people into giving money when they can least afford it.

Oohh, I feel much lighter now, thankyou Matt very much and chefs kiss to you all 😘. Must go, I've got to meet my bubble buddy Jimmy Nail for a socially disanced lap of the park to try and persuade him to rerelease the the top pop track with cracking lyrics as our thread anthem. Laterz y'all.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
What a Monroe-llercoaster. Zoe Eccentricity? Hardly know her. Between that, the 11th hour interest in American politics, copying out the lockdown guidelines (presumably as punishment from a schoolmarm for suggesting warm iceberg lettuce mixed with sardines and lentils) and buying chocolate bars for internet randos instead of fulfilling Patreon perks, she's been quite insufferable. That's not even including her undisguised glee and gloating over having re-captured her second income true love.

Congratulations cabal upon reaching the hundred thread milestone! A momentous occasion indeed. May you be blessed with cursed gifs and riffs on ribollita on this auspicious day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Aah now it makes sense. Of course next week when she can’t afford to eat, the squiggles will remember this act of kindness and repay her tenfold.
Didn't she say books and photos were in the jiffys? Where are the postcards??? Dazzle them with choc, watch the birdie, nothing to see here.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
He didn’t tag her, so is she checking her name on twitter?
She is, came butting through a few tweets mentioning her without tags and she awkwardly joined the conversations

ETA: "Doesn't see" someone directly tagging and asking where their X y or Z is, but has time to search her own name and respond to tweets that are merely mentioning her offhand

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Jack: Free chocolate to one and all! There’s no catch! Just remember this act of generosity when I’m lying on the kitchen floor in despair again with no butter. Choose anything you want, anything, my pretties! I will fulfil your heart’s desire with chocolate!

Follower: Would love a jar of paprika, cheers love.

View attachment 300541
That Southend Post Office sure does have a wide variety of stock.

I do not, those used to make me gag at school. I do however have a set of pastel highlighters which are so pretty...neon post-it notes for my page markers...and not many friends
I'll be your friend. I'm an out and proud stationery addict, again, 🔺.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Have we seen this gem before? Ruby T interviews dear Jackie. In this particular gem we learn that Jackie learned all about curing meats working at a supermarket counter.

“I look back and nearly all of my early jobs were in food,” she recounts. “Darren at Debenhams taught me how to cook an egg on the hot plate, and at the supermarket I worked at, I was on the cheese and ham counter for a while. My god, that was fun. I learned loads about cheese and curing meats.”

ETA apologies for the overuse of gem. I'm tired.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Have we seen this gem before? Ruby T interviews dear Jackie. In this particular gem we learn that Jackie learned all about curing meats working at a supermarket counter.

“I look back and nearly all of my early jobs were in food,” she recounts. “Darren at Debenhams taught me how to cook an egg on the hot plate, and at the supermarket I worked at, I was on the cheese and ham counter for a while. My god, that was fun. I learned loads about cheese and curing meats.”

God the bloody cutlery drawer looked like that back in 2019!

1604606811720.png

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46

“I've had editors who've said, ‘Is this extra virgin olive oil?' or, 'Which type of salt do you use?' or, 'Cumin seeds or ground?'” she vents. “Every edit I sent back was, ‘Whatever's in the cupboard, whatever you've got!’”

Editor: Can you be more specific and clear in your recipes? This one just says "herbs".
Jack: duck off!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

Screenshot_20201105-210902_Samsung Internet.jpg

More cutlery, @MancBee!
While we are enjoying our centennial thread please can I just thank the mods on here. I did a silly last night and was upset with Jack scamming pensioners and people on benefits giving her their money for duck all. You were very kind.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.