It Galz Lindsay & Jenny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Mansplaining is not a gender based thing”. Jaysus have they missed the last several centuries of how women, by virtue of their gender ALONE, were spoken down to, disregarded and even denied the right to vote? Or even how women are treated in Saudi Arabia today. Like this directly feeds into why certain men to this day infantilise women. It is a thing. It is common. Stop downplaying it 🤦🏼‍♀️.

I hate the way they take genuine issues women in particular face and water them down “BOTH women and men do it”. Ok gals, do a straw poll there and find out how many of your male followers were spoken down to in work or overlooked/treated like a child, by a female colleague. I can’t believe they are trying to argue that men equally face this (while ignoring 100s of years of history that fed into the phenomenon). I just can’t 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 15
“Mansplaining is not a gender based thing”. Jaysus have they missed the last several centuries of how women, by virtue of their gender ALONE, were spoken down to, disregarded and even denied the right to vote? Or even how women are treated in Saudi Arabia today. Like this directly feeds into why certain men to this day infantilise women. It is a thing. It is common. Stop downplaying it 🤦🏼‍♀️.

I hate the way they take genuine issues women in particular face and water them down “BOTH women and men do it”. Ok gals, do a straw poll there and find out how many of your male followers were spoken down to in work or overlooked/treated like a child, by a female colleague. I can’t believe they are trying to argue that men equally face this (while ignoring 100s of years of history that fed into the phenomenon). I just can’t 🤦🏼‍♀️
How would Lindsay know anything about the work place, she was on the dole most of her adult life.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Dear god, the more I listen to this latest podcast the more I’m like 😱. If you’re being mansplained to in work “suck it up”; “men don’t like when women go on like that”, “you need to get on their level” and finally denying it exists at all. The tone reminds me of their rape podcast- same attitude, approach, everything-blaming the woman and telling her she should adjust her behaviour around a man and downplaying the man’s responsibility. Have you ever actually stopped and listened to yourselves girls?

Assuming that a woman who does stand up to a man who’s being sexist is annoying and whiny, assuming it’s the women who are the problem rather than the men who are actually being condescending or patronising. Like in the rape episode when they were thinking of all the poor men accused of rape (a tiny proportion in reality), rather than you know, the women who were raped (huge number). They have such a twisted view of women. They think they’re doing this to be “equal” towards men and women but it’s like 99% women bashing. The irony.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
She is such a woke feminist that she is worried about men seeing discharge on her knickers, thinks women should stop complaining and that mansplaining doesn’t exist.
Being a feminist isn’t all denim shorts and being comfortable with your sexuality and saying words like discharge, periods and talking about riding. It’s fighting for equality, normalising women’s bodies and calling out injustice where you see it.

Reactions: 16
Why talk about how great you are talking about periods if you can't even normalise a man seeing a bit of discharge on your knickers. Like wtf. I don't listen to their podcast anymore but not surprised to hear about their ideas that's why I stopped listening cos they are both so unbelievably dumb and sexist. yah they just completely ignore the sexist history of the world and this country.

I agree Lindsay has clearly never experienced sexism in the workplace.

Reactions: 6
Buying panty liners because you don’t want someone seeing your discharge. It’s normal and also who gives a duck what men think about your vagina? The idea of wearing a panty liner then rolling it up and hiding it so a man can’t see it is so secondary school. Our bodies are nothing to be ashamed of.
I think any woman who has worked has experienced normalised sexism from sexist comments to mansplaining to men being listened to more than women. It shows that she has never experienced a workplace with other adults.

Reactions: 13
Buying panty liners because you don’t want someone seeing your discharge. It’s normal and also who gives a duck what men think about your vagina? The idea of wearing a panty liner then rolling it up and hiding it so a man can’t see it is so secondary school. Our bodies are nothing to be ashamed of.
I think any woman who has worked has experienced normalised sexism from sexist comments to mansplaining to men being listened to more than women. It shows that she has never experienced a workplace with other adults.
Yep I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been in a work meeting and the man (often the older generation tbf) will ignore me or address the more junior guy on my team instead of me. It Galz advice is we should ignore it, it’s actually not real and men don’t like women who address that. As if the workplace is flooded with angry feminists giving out to men 😂. I’ve literally never come across a woman who has given out to a man for being sexist in work or has been angry and confrontational to a man about it, we all suck it up. On the other hand I’m yet to meet a woman who hasn’t been patronised/overlooked at least once in an office setting by a man. It Galz completely missing the point and giving terrible advice again.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yep I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been in a work meeting and the man (often the older generation tbf) will ignore me or address the more junior guy on my team instead of me. It Galz advice is we should ignore it, it’s actually not real and men don’t like women who address that. As if the workplace is flooded with angry feminists giving out to men 😂. I’ve literally never come across a woman who has given out to a man for being sexist in work or has been angry and confrontational to a man about it, we all suck it up. On the other hand I’m yet to meet a woman who hasn’t been patronised/overlooked at least once in an office setting by a man. It Galz completely missing the point and giving terrible advice again.
I know. It’s the same for me. People talking over you, your ideas being presented by a male member of your team and him getting (and taking) the credit. It’s rampant in the working environment. But hey galz, suck it up, have a can, put on your shorts and twerk away your rage.

Reactions: 11
Why talk about how great you are talking about periods if you can't even normalise a man seeing a bit of discharge on your knickers. Like wtf. I don't listen to their podcast anymore but not surprised to hear about their ideas that's why I stopped listening cos they are both so unbelievably dumb and sexist. yah they just completely ignore the sexist history of the world and this country.

I agree Lindsay has clearly never experienced sexism in the workplace.
Has she ever worked anywhere apart from the Nail place ?

I know. It’s the same for me. People talking over you, your ideas being presented by a male member of your team and him getting (and taking) the credit. It’s rampant in the working environment. But hey galz, suck it up, have a can, put on your shorts and twerk away your rage.
I’ve had a man (again older - 45+) stop a conversation between me and 3 other men (at a work social event) to specifically explain a joke to me. Then asked me to go fetch him a cup of tea. Don’t worry Galz I didn’t go all angry and feminist on his ass and give out to him, I “sucked it up”- I’m sure you would approve! I think they think if women have a problem with sexism they’re raving angry lunatics who hate men. Believe or not, the “suck it up/ignore” it approach you recommend is actually the default for most women. It’s also a wonderful little approach which ensures sexism continues unchecked. I’m sure you’ll be pleased!

Reactions: 4
New to this thread so don’t know if it’s been posted before - she tried out for the voice of ireland and was SHOCKING and really rude to Kian Egan. She talked about it when the it galz went on the her.ie podcast and she was showing off that she got really drunk on the sly pouring drink into her water bottle while waiting around to audition all day, so was drunk when she went on and was like real proud telling the story? As if this is such a normal thing and a great thing to advertise as a mother of young kids lol.

there’s a couple of clips but this is one:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Rent allowance and her parents for years by the sounds of it!
yeah it was rent allowance. however she wouldnt be using that now with her income. altho to be fair....she gets no help from Rilohs dad and it would appear Jimmy is an idiot. so ye have to hand it to her. its not easy raising kids alone (her parents arent there 24/7).

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.