It Galz - Lindsay & Jenny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought these two needed a thread after seeing them getting exposed on Twitter last week for their comments about rape, their disgusting treatment of Rosemary McCabe after speaking out about her own rape.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I go through phases with them.. they’ve definitely made awful mistakes as already said and they (particularly Lindsay) were breaking lockdown rules really early on which is also infuriating.. but I do enjoy their podcast from time to time and do find them entertaining, although haven’t been listening to them as much just because their episodes haven’t been grabbing me lately

Reactions: 5
I go through phases with them.. they’ve definitely made awful mistakes as already said and they (particularly Lindsay) were breaking lockdown rules really early on which is also infuriating.. but I do enjoy their podcast from time to time and do find them entertaining, although haven’t been listening to them as much just because their episodes haven’t been grabbing me lately
I found especially with Lindsay you can’t disagree with her point at all or your not a “woke witch”. She’s very immature.

Reactions: 11
I thought these two needed a thread after seeing them getting exposed on Twitter last week for their comments about rape, their disgusting treatment of Rosemary McCabe after speaking out about her own rape.
Serious question. Did anyone actually listen to the "rape" podcast in question or are we just going off the current twitter debate that Rosemary has initiated?

I used to listen to the podcasts (don't anymore) and honestly didn't see anything wrong with it at the time. The podcast episode was about consent in general. The general vibe of their podcast has always been to debate taboo subjects and to get people talking. They discussed Rosemary's article in which SHE specifically said that she wasn't reporting her rapist because he was a nice guy and because she was dating him and only thought it was rape after the fact not at the time it happened, which of course is her own prerogative and feeling, who is anyone else to say it's not rape.
However I can't quote Rosemary here because she has also removed her article from the internet... which I find odd.

However, the debate on It Gals was from my point of view an interesting point of discussion about consent, saying yes, saying no, verbalising versus body language etc, they asked the question was it empowering for rape victims to read something like this or not, and questioned was a statement like this in fact rape, can you claim rape when you change your mind afterwards (which is kind of what the article read like) etc ... and all before the subject of consent became spoken about properly in the media. They used Rosemary as a point of view on this because she had publicly written on this exact subject and her whole article was about why she wasn't reporting her rapist. The it Gals for some reason have deleted their podcast too - perhaps they felt it was no longer appropriate as times have moved on or maybe they got too much stick. Who knows? I just think a lot of this conversation is based off twitter comments when nobody has actually either listened to the podcast or read the article.

Don't get me wrong, I stopped listening because I don't want to listen to half the stuff they babble on about. But I do think a lot of people are jumping on a bandwagon without actually knowing what they are talking about after reading one sentence on twitter. I also think Rosemary is one of the most hypocritical journalists i've read - she claims she is a feminist but I have seen her bash other celebrity women online and on TV. You can't have it both ways. She once on TV compared an Irish actress to a prostitute because of the way she was dressed! Great feminism.

Serious question. Did anyone actually listen to the "rape" podcast in question or are we just going off the current twitter debate that Rosemary has initiated?

I used to listen to the podcasts (don't anymore) and honestly didn't see anything wrong with it at the time. The podcast episode was about consent in general. The general vibe of their podcast has always been to debate taboo subjects and to get people talking. They discussed Rosemary's article in which SHE specifically said that she wasn't reporting her rapist because he was a nice guy and because she was dating him and only thought it was rape after the fact not at the time it happened, which of course is her own prerogative and feeling, who is anyone else to say it's not rape.
However I can't quote Rosemary here because she has also removed her article from the internet... which I find odd.

However, the debate on It Gals was from my point of view an interesting point of discussion about consent, saying yes, saying no, verbalising versus body language etc, they asked the question was it empowering for rape victims to read something like this or not, and questioned was a statement like this in fact rape, can you claim rape when you change your mind afterwards (which is kind of what the article read like) etc ... and all before the subject of consent became spoken about properly in the media. They used Rosemary as a point of view on this because she had publicly written on this exact subject and her whole article was about why she wasn't reporting her rapist. The it Gals for some reason have deleted their podcast too - perhaps they felt it was no longer appropriate as times have moved on or maybe they got too much stick. Who knows? I just think a lot of this conversation is based off twitter comments when nobody has actually either listened to the podcast or read the article.

Don't get me wrong, I stopped listening because I don't want to listen to half the stuff they babble on about. But I do think a lot of people are jumping on a bandwagon without actually knowing what they are talking about after reading one sentence on twitter. I also think Rosemary is one of the most hypocritical journalists i've read - she claims she is a feminist but I have seen her bash other celebrity women online and on TV. You can't have it both ways. She once on TV compared an Irish actress to a prostitute because of the way she was dressed! Great feminism.
I listened around the time it came out and blew up, I found the way they spoke was so brash that any intelligent conversation went out the window, they make such off the cuff remarks you can’t take them serious so when they talk about such serious issues it comes off sounding so wrong, like the time Lindasy was talking about the morning after pill she was trying to be cool but came off sounding so ignorant. They deleted the podcast after the blow back and Lindsay came out saying she was raped too so she didn’t mean any offence and that was it

Reactions: 13

Are you for real? That podcast was a masterclass in internalised misogyny and victim blaming. Have you even heard some of the things they said in it? (“Is it really rape if you can get away from it?”). It personified everything that is wrong with society’s attitude to rape. Wow.

Re Rosemary- I’m not aware of her comment regarding some celebrity dressing like a prostitute, but being a feminist doesn’t mean you blindly support every woman irrespective of who they are 🙄

I saw a great quote on twitter to describe the Galz- Piers Morgan for girls who drive Mini Coopers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I subbed to the podcast in the early days, I'm a big podcast fan and at the time there were so few Irish pods and certainly no Irish women doing a chat pod so I did listen to them too and thought this ep was awful and victim blaming but wasn't sure if that was just how I felt, but I unsubscribed then anyway and forgot about it until things blew up and drcc commented on it.

Then months later they became huge with loads of patreons??

Reactions: 8
I subbed to the podcast in the early days, I'm a big podcast fan and at the time there were so few Irish pods and certainly no Irish women doing a chat pod so I did listen to them too and thought this ep was awful and victim blaming but wasn't sure if that was just how I felt, but I unsubscribed then anyway and forgot about it until things blew up and drcc commented on it.

Then months later they became huge with loads of patreons??
I really enjoyed them too, but the rape podcast is unforgivable. I’ve found them even more entrenched in their views as time goes on, which is disappointing. If anyone disagrees with them, those people are obviously “feminists”/“cancel culture”/“woke” and dismissed instantly with no room for debate. A very Breitbart/Piers Morgan tactic. They appear to blame feminism for the backlash from their rape podcast and just never took any responsibility whatsoever for it.

They now deliberately take the counter culture/“controversial” stance on any prevailing social issue, just cause. I find them really uninformed too on certain topics, yet they speak on them like they’re an authority and neither of them challenges the other on the views expressed. They made a podcast on that Gwyneth Paltrow Netflix show about the female orgasm and Lindsay’s main take away from it all was “but what about the male orgasm”?

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I really enjoyed them too, but the rape podcast is unforgivable. I’ve found them even more entrenched in their views as time goes on, which is disappointing. If anyone disagrees with them, those people are obviously “feminists”/“cancel culture”/“woke” and dismissed instantly with no room for debate. A very Breitbart/Piers Morgan tactic. They appear to blame feminism for the backlash from their rape podcast and just never took any responsibility whatsoever for it.

They now deliberately take the counter culture/“controversial” stance on any prevailing social issue, just cause. I find them really uninformed too on certain topics, yet they speak on them like they’re an authority and neither of them challenges the other on the views expressed. They made a podcast on that Gwyneth Paltrow Netflix show about the female orgasm and Lindsay’s main take away from it all was “but what about the male orgasm”?
I think they're hilarious, unfortunately I don't think it's in the way that they intend to be funny, to be honest they're a bit irrelevant, I feel a bit sorry for them. Any of my friends who listen to them only do it to get the go as on what's happening with Jimmy 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think they're hilarious, unfortunately I don't think it's in the way that they intend to be funny, to be honest they're a bit irrelevant, I feel a bit sorry for them. Any of my friends who listen to them only do it to get the go as on what's happening with Jimmy 😁
I do think they’re funny, particularly Lindsay, but it’s ruined by their really harmful views/attitudes on certain topics. Is Jimmy back again? 😱

I doubt they’ll pay attention to any constructive remarks though and I’ll be dismissed a woke hater/feminist/snowflake 🤷🏼‍♀️ (Which shuts down conversation instantly).

Reactions: 6
I do think they’re funny, particularly Lindsay, but it’s ruined by their really harmful views/attitudes on certain topics. Is Jimmy back again? 😱

I doubt they’ll pay attention to any constructive remarks though and I’ll be dismissed a woke hater/feminist/snowflake 🤷🏼‍♀️ (Which shuts down conversation instantly).
Jimmy is gone again can’t blame him, it looked like they only got back together to berate that girl who had his baby from Cork, that girl is a million miles from Lindsay she’s classy she shut Lindasy and all her mouthing up with one sentence she told her to keep going and she’ll release all the messages Jimmy sent her about Lindsay she wasn’t long about shutting her trap 🤣 I wonder how he feels about his little girl being told to twerk on camera and being brought to a beach with a bunch of adults drinking late at night

Reactions: 23
Jimmy is gone again can’t blame him, it looked like they only got back together to berate that girl who had his baby from Cork, that girl is a million miles from Lindsay she’s classy she shut Lindasy and all her mouthing up with one sentence she told her to keep going and she’ll release all the messages Jimmy sent her about Lindsay she wasn’t long about shutting her trap 🤣 I wonder how he feels about his little girl being told to twerk on camera and being brought to a beach with a bunch of adults drinking late at night
It’s actually disgusting the way Luna is being subjected to the carry on of not only her mother but all of her infantile self obsessed gang. Knacker drinking on the beach. Like a pack of young teenagers 😡

It’s actually disgusting the way Luna is being subjected to the carry on of not only her mother but all of her infantile self obsessed gang. Knacker drinking on the beach. Like a pack of young teenagers 😡
She's a classless wanker and the other one is every bit as bad. That poor child. Seems like they deleted their Twitter accounts because they didn't like the (much deserved) backlash they recently got about the Rosemary podcast when she tweeted about it. They won't do the same with Instagram though because they're attention whores and need to flash their arses somewhere. Anyone who listened to that episode and still supports them in any way by following them, listening to them, or worse still, sponsoring their 'mad bastard' lives via Patreon or buying tickets for their shows, shame on them. I've gone off Karla and Claire for associating themselves with Lindsay too. Says an awful lot if you're prepared to be pally with a rape apologist/victim blamer. Sorry, quite the rant there but I just cannot abide them.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I've gone off Karla and Claire for associating themselves with Lindsay too. Says an awful lot if you're prepared to be pally with a rape apologist/victim blamer. Sorry, quite the rant there but I just cannot abide them.
Yes I've gone right off Karla! Started following just before she went travelling
Enjoyed their travels and then enjoyed a bit afterwards like her end of year rants etc but her podcast with jen is shitetalking altogether. They haven't said anything in the leagues of rape victim blaming, but they do no research whatsoever. Jen is alright a bit of a sidekick but Karla is so entitled and moany.

Final straw was her moaning that she and Tom went together to dunnes in Blanch to do the food shop at the height of the pandemic, he has a hse staff pass to skip the queue but she doesn't. the security man wouldn't let her skip so she went off in a huff to sit down and wait?? Would you not be embarrassed by that?

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Yes I've gone right off Karla! Started following just before she went travelling
Enjoyed their travels and then enjoyed a bit afterwards like her end of year rants etc but her podcast with jen is shitetalking altogether. They haven't said anything in the leagues of rape victim blaming, but they do no research whatsoever. Jen is alright a bit of a sidekick but Karla is so entitled and moany.

Final straw was her moaning that she and Tom went together to dunnes in Blanch to do the food shop at the height of the pandemic, he has a hse staff pass to skip the queue but she doesn't. the security man wouldn't let her skip so she went off in a huff to sit down and wait?? Would you not be embarrassed by that?
Who is Karla?

I Think I might have missed a lot of this! I remember Lindsey talking a bit about it! Hopefully I’m not mixing her up with someone else but wasn’t she all like “oh this girl is claiming that it’s Jimmy’s kid” as if the woman is going out of her way to ruin Lindsey’s life? And something about Jimmy doing a paternity test? Could absolutely be thinking of someone else

Reactions: 1
I Think I might have missed a lot of this! I remember Lindsey talking a bit about it! Hopefully I’m not mixing her up with someone else but wasn’t she all like “oh this girl is claiming that it’s Jimmy’s kid” as if the woman is going out of her way to ruin Lindsey’s life? And something about Jimmy doing a paternity test? Could absolutely be thinking of someone else
Lindasy was being a massive witch by saying that the girl was in a relationship with Jimmy it broke down while she was pregnant there was awful trouble with Lindsay all along than Lindsay and Jimmy got back together he told the girl he wouldn’t be in her child’s life and she said fine and after that Lindsay said on her podcast that she wouldn’t give Jimmy a DNA test, the other girl I think her name is Lauren or Laura seems totally normal and doesn’t want to keep engaging in Lindsay and Jimmy drama, like Lindsay was that petty she accused her of stealing her baby name because ya know she ain’t no creative witch and wouldn’t be able to come up with a name herself.

Can’t not STAND Karla.. she’s so up her own hole, I used to listen to the podcast because I like Jen but Karla was so overbearing her opinion was the only one that mattered. Jen was actually fairly opened minded and able to listen to both sides where as Karla wouldn’t or couldn’t be swayed from her opinions at all she cames off cocky and ignorant, the podcast isn’t great.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Lindsay carries the podcast with her personal drama with Jimmy, lads, IG etc. She's gas in fairness to her but airing all that dirty laundry for a few quid...I can't see how you wouldn't regret that in the future. I don't think the pod can last. They don't have the content unless it's about Lindsay's life and she'll have to give up that sharing the older she/ her kids get. Lindsay's a comedian I have to say, I think she could have a podcast/shows without Jenny but Jenny couldn't without her... it's kind of like the Lindsay show and Jenny is the admin/ facilitates Lindsay or something. I used to listen and patreon but now I might listen to one a month when cleaning or something.

Reactions: 8
I feel so awful for little Luna, her mam and dads drama out there for the world to see ☹ Also Riloh’s nearly a teenager, I know I’d have been mortified if my mam was acting the way Lindsay does for all his friends to look up whenever they want

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.