It Galz Lindsay & Jenny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone hear them playing duck marry kill a while back? Jennyā€™s social climbing definitely shone through, at least one man in every set of men sheā€™d say stuff like it would be great for us to be ā€˜seenā€™ to be dating him, or it would be a great scandal for our brand etc etc. Very telling

Reactions: 2
I'd love to know what the other school mums think of her šŸ‘€šŸ‘€
Not remotely the child's fault but if my daughter was at school with her, school would be the only time she'd ever be allowed see her. Imagine sending your child to that gaff for a play date? I cringe to think what they could potentially hear or see. Not that she'd do play dates anyway of course... she's too much of a 'cool ma' for all the normal parenting stuff.
I grew up with a couple of kids who had a 'cool ma' and let's just say, I'll be forever grateful when I see how it worked out for them that my mum was 'boring'.

Reactions: 13
Do you think Jenny would continue with XGalz if she were to have a child? I doubt she would be acting like Lindsay but hard to tell.

Reactions: 6
Do you think Jenny would continue with XGalz if she were to have a child? I doubt she would be acting like Lindsay but hard to tell.
Tbh I get the impression that Jenny generally disagrees/looks down on a lot on the way Lyndsey lives her life

Reactions: 9
Not sure if sheā€™d stop the podcast but I think sheā€™s a perfectionist and would want to do parenting ā€˜properlyā€™ AKA nothing like Lindsey

Reactions: 3
Not sure if sheā€™d stop the podcast but I think sheā€™s a perfectionist and would want to do parenting ā€˜properlyā€™ AKA nothing like Lindsey
She could still produce and edit it if someone took over as the face of it with Lindsay. And actually, it's not the 'Lindsay and Jenny show' - they could introduce others and take more of a back seat at any time really

It seems like everything she turned her nose up at when she was with Michael suddenly flies now sheā€™s with Evan. She said on one of the podcasts before about how she could NEVER imagine herself living with a guy and doesnā€™t get why people rush into it, that she doesnā€™t get the need to see her fella everyday and yet sheā€™s doing the exact same with Evan. Which whatever, but itā€™s the snobbiness and the better than you attitude is irritating.
even that in itself is childish....so she'd never live with her fella, just with her parents hahaha i find it crazy that she only moved out at like 29. and the way they talk about not being able to drive...just learn its not that hard like. plus your not 12.

• Haha
Jenny just hasnā€™t seemed to have gotten past the whole ā€œbeing coolā€ thing. Sheā€™d often mention her parents but in the context of being really cool/indie parents and how her dad is so ā€œFinglasā€. She linked her dadā€™s Instagram before and both her parents could not be more middle class Dublin, conventional and ā€œnormieā€!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
And when she acts like oh Iā€™m from the northside blah blah blah talking about it as if she grew up in a council estate when sheā€™s feckin CLONTARF

• Haha
Reactions: 14
And when she acts like oh Iā€™m from the northside blah blah blah talking about it as if she grew up in a council estate when sheā€™s feckin CLONTARF
Thatā€™s what I was getting at- the dad is no more a ā€œfinglas builderā€ (of the kind sheā€™s trying to suggest) he couldnā€™t be posher.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How embarrassing trying to pretend you are from the wrong side of town to be cool and edgy. Does she think poverty and socioeconomic issues and less access to education and chances in life is cool and fun. She's a spoilt little rich girl who wouldn't know hardship nor could succeed against any odds in a million years.

Reactions: 17
Did anyone ever watch the Florida project lyndsey reminds me of the mom in that the way she acts and the daughter is like Luna. its not right the way she has Luna behaving the Child is going to have problems
She thinks her parents are so "uncool" and that she had such a "strict" childhood, so she is now trying to give them the total opposite of her upbringing. Riloh seems like a really good lad but she has Luna ruined. She's so privileged, herself and Jenny both come from such middle class backgrounds. Trying to "rebel against society" because they are so cool and so different, try living in the real world! They are just as "basic" as all the people they look down on!
When she set up mas who drink for people who weren't "normies" to chat she became main witch and loved the attention and fame. When she became irrelevant all the people she connected with were all now losers because shes totally cool and anyone who says otherwise is called a "stupid ass hoe" or something.

The comments about Jenny are spot on. The ways she talks about the southside, has she ever been to the southside? Does she think everyone south of the Liffey is a millionaire?Does she not realise there are plenty of non fee paying schools there...and plenty of rich people on the Northside as well as expensive schools. It's bizarre. Shes obsessed with implying she grew up in some kind of ghetto. She's clearly from a very comfortable middle class family. I also get the feeling she went to a fee paying school herself.

Also as others have mentioned I also get the impression a lot of her opinions were very much influenced by Michael, particularly on feminism.
Lindsay, for all her faults, is at least gas. The best thing about the podcast is hearing about Lindsay's personal life. I actually used to enjoy it way back but haven't been listening recently, they seemed to be running out of material.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I used to listen to the podcast when it first came out because it was so different to hear Irish women talking openly. But after a while Jenny grated on me so much that I couldnā€™t listen anymore. Like everyone else said, her desperate attempts to be cool and trying so hard to sound like an intellectual are unbearable. At least Lindsay owns that sheā€™s a mess (although sheā€™s problematic in her own way but I didnā€™t mind listening to her on the podcast).

Reactions: 10
The comments about Jenny are spot on. The ways she talks about the southside, has she ever been to the southside? Does she think everyone south of the Liffey is a millionaire?Does she not realise there are plenty of non fee paying schools there...and plenty of rich people on the Northside as well as expensive schools. It's bizarre. Shes obsessed with implying she grew up in some kind of ghetto. She's clearly from a very comfortable middle class family. I also get the feeling she went to a fee paying school herself.

Also as others have mentioned I also get the impression a lot of her opinions were very much influenced by Michael, particularly on feminism.
Lindsay, for all her faults, is at least gas. The best thing about the podcast is hearing about Lindsay's personal life. I actually used to enjoy it way back but haven't been listening recently, they seemed to be running out of material.
Pretty sure she went to the institute which i think it about 8k a year. I get the vibe that she spent time around people with very wealthy parents at some stage and now has an inferiority complex about it.

Ive never picked up the fake ghetto vibes tbh- just that they try to justify really scummy behaviour in their college days because they were broke.

Also completely off topic, but cringing every time lindsay refers to the fake louis she bought off adverts or depop or whatever as a genuine vintage piece. I would buy her any bag she likes if that was authenticated as genuine.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Pretty sure she went to the institute which i think it about 8k a year. I get the vibe that she spent time around people with very wealthy parents at some stage and now has an inferiority complex about it.

Ive never picked up the fake ghetto vibes tbh- just that they try to justify really scummy behaviour in their college days because they were broke.

Also completely off topic, but cringing every time lindsay refers to the fake louis she bought off adverts or depop or whatever as a genuine vintage piece. I would buy her any bag she likes if that was authenticated as genuine.
She went to Mount Temple and Trinity

Yeah I think she did as I remember her saying she had to work a summer job every year while her friends would jet off for summer long holidays, probably made her feel a lot poorer than she actually is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.