It Galz #15 RedRoom Subscriber Drop, Will Lipstick Lessons be a Flop?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really liked Jenny's Love Island youtube vid. As for Lindsay finding another man to cure her. Gal, go to feckin therapy. I say that with so much love.
She never learns. It is painful to watch.

I find it a bit tiring hearing Lindsay describe any failed relationships in her life as abusive - maybe the most recent relationship was abusive but she seems to go into ultimate victim mode after a fall out. Sounds like she’s seeing someone new now and of course no one has ever treated her this way etc etc - the same thing she said about the last man. As Lauren said- the common denominator in these toxic relationships is her
Yeah, I think L definitely downplays her role in toxic relationships. She never has any sense of autonomy, things are only ever happening TO her rather than her participating in and with them.

Reactions: 9
She never learns. It is painful to watch.

Yeah, I think L definitely downplays her role in toxic relationships. She never has any sense of autonomy, things are only ever happening TO her rather than her participating in and with them.
It 100% stems for catholic trauma. She grew up in an environment where the man was the head of the household and looked after all the affairs and A woman couldn’t cope without a man. She doesn’t see how well she’s done for herself and her kids the last few years without a man. Just hope she eventually sees her worth doesn’t stem from having a man or not

Reactions: 3
It 100% stems for catholic trauma. She grew up in an environment where the man was the head of the household and looked after all the affairs and A woman couldn’t cope without a man. She doesn’t see how well she’s done for herself and her kids the last few years without a man. Just hope she eventually sees her worth doesn’t stem from having a man or not
That wasn't the set up in her house? Her dad worked but mam managed all the money

Reactions: 4
But the man was the breadwinne
Men were probably the breadwinners in 90% of homes when L was growing up. Her mam managing the finances would actually have been not the norm so could have set a really good example for her.

It's like she never grew out of the teenager phase of not accepting any responsibility and blaming everyone else for her problems.

Reactions: 11
I think L deserves more credit. Her children seem happy. She has a lovely home. Great support of family and a good coparenting relationship. Lord of friends and her pod is doing well. To me she seems to have grown a lot. J jumped from one relationship to another and would be in a lot more of a difficult position if her and Evan split. I’d definitely be more like Lauren and have big spouts of being single after a breakup. I don’t know how L can jump back in so quickly. It’s erratic but I agree it has to do with her upbringing. She constantly goes on about how the importance of marriage/relationships were drilled into her while growing up.

If J didn't have Evan during the whole split I'd say she'd have gone back to a corporate job and we'd have heard nothing more about her tbh.

Reactions: 8
I think her point is that J relies on a man a lot more than L does
Or a least a lot than she admits. The only reason she’s going to all the PR events is because of Evan. Her podcast has no main stream appeal.

Reactions: 11
If J didn't have Evan during the whole split I'd say she'd have gone back to a corporate job and we'd have heard nothing more about her tbh.
I see Jenny going back to a cooperate job in the long term. I don’t think her podcast has mainstream or long term appeal as she seems to lose a few hundred patrons every month. I think she’ll utilise her few years of having a social media career to get a cushy job or I could see her running her own business, something like a social media marketing company maybe. I’d be pretty surprised if she’s still a public figure the way she is now in a few years.

Reactions: 12
I see Jenny going back to a cooperate job in the long term. I don’t think her podcast has mainstream or long term appeal as she seems to lose a few hundred patrons every month. I think she’ll utilise her few years of having a social media career to get a cushy job or I could see her running her own business, something like a social media marketing company maybe. I’d be pretty surprised if she’s still a public figure the way she is now in a few years.
She said herself and Evan wanted to open a business together before? I think I'm remembering that correctly

She said herself and Evan wanted to open a business together before? I think I'm remembering that correctly
Ooft, getting into business with your long term partner…I dunno…after everything that happened with the itgalz split and the huge fallout, I would be put off going into business with someone so close to me especially my partner/future husband.

I think she’s gonna try to be an influencer type for as long as she can. Maybe if she runs out of content she’ll do a Keelin and become a mommy blogger.

Reactions: 1
She comes across very superficial so I think she’ll ride the influencer train for as long as she can. Between her YT, tiktok, skincare reels and outfit posts. She really lives her life online.

Reactions: 7
I think her point is that J relies on a man a lot more than L does
Bit hard to rely on a man when you've never had one you can rely on ;) Sure didn't she say herself she tried to use the last fella for 'stability' for her kids?

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with relying on your other half. My husband and I have each others backs, help each other out, isn't that part of relationships, that you are on the same team? It's not like J is lying in bed all day making Evan wait on her hand and foot, if she has used some of his contacts so what?
Honestly the things people are pulling out now to try and drag J down for are just getting daft. How dare her and her partner support each other, shocking stuff altogether.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Bit hard to rely on a man when you've never had one you can rely on ;) Sure didn't she say herself she tried to use the last fella for 'stability' for her kids?

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with relying on your other half. My husband and I have each others backs, help each other out, isn't that part of relationships, that you are on the same team? It's not like J is lying in bed all day making Evan wait on her hand and foot, if she has used some of his contacts so what?
Honestly the things people are pulling out now to try and drag J down for are just getting daft. How dare her and her partner support each other, shocking stuff altogether.
People are talking specifically about how having a connected photographer boyfriend benefits an influencer, not their relationship in general. Literally no one has insinuated what you’re trying to imply.

Reactions: 8
People are talking specifically about how having a connected photographer boyfriend benefits an influencer, not their relationship in general. Literally no one has insinuated what you’re trying to imply.
Well yes, like I said if she has used some of his contacts, so what? It's called supporting each other. You wouldn't help your partner out if you were in the same line of work? I'm just saying I don't think it's a big deal and doesn't diminish the work she has put in.

Reactions: 4
This thread is so predictable, and every few months goes back to Jenny and Evan. As though Jenny had never worked a day in her life and Evan was the brainchild behind It Galz and Red Room. I'm sure Jenny did ask Evan to help her out in the beginning, it's called networking. Similar to an office environment when they ask you to refer a candidate. Nobody begrudges the newbie cuz he already knew someone and refuses to train them 🥴 I think Jenny has more than proven herself and her work ethic by now.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I listened to the pod today where L mentions she's 'healed' and I don't think she means the relationship with the new lad has fixed her life but has instead helped shape her view of men and their approach to her regarding control and sex (as in she just mentioned the new lads asks if she wants sex before making a move, whereas before men have always expected it from her). Maybe I'm reading into it wrong, but I honestly don't think she meant it as profound as 'healing' or fixing her whole life

I found it interesting to see the two sides. Lauren not being able to have sex for a year and a half and L throwing herself back in because she was afraid she was gonna end up hating men. I’ve been there where I hated men and was showing up to dates already pissed off cus of past experiences. I listened to it twice and got even more out of it the second time.

I also think L is very self aware and well able to apologise and confront her wrongdoings. She does it all the time in LL. I’m sure the ex was abusive and controlling. Men with that much money and power tend to be and the change in L was mad. I’m glad she’s talking about it because a lot of women are in situations like that

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.