It Galz #15 RedRoom Subscriber Drop, Will Lipstick Lessons be a Flop?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah everything I’d read on here I’d take with a big pinch of salt. L and chloe seem to have a v genuine friendship. L said J blackmailed her etc I absolutely think J played down what she did and passed it off as bitching. There’s a reason she has no close friends.

I listen on my AirPods and the sound is almost perfect. I’d say it’s because she interviewed Lauren and Eimear on FaceTime it just has a different quality.
OMG I couldn't stand the quality this week in my airpods. I was actually trying to figure out what she had done and the only thing I could come up with was that she facetimed that girl on her phone and recorded the conversation on her own microphone she was speaking in to.

Like even a zoom recording has a better sound quality than that. You can't be making an interview based podcast like that. One thing if it was free.

Reactions: 5
Does L still talk to Loz?
Does L still talk to Jack?! The ginger guy. Had completely forgotten about him!

OMG I couldn't stand the quality this week in my airpods. I was actually trying to figure out what she had done and the only thing I could come up with was that she facetimed that girl on her phone and recorded the conversation on her own microphone she was speaking in to.

Like even a zoom recording has a better sound quality than that. You can't be making an interview based podcast like that. One thing if it was free.
The quality was terrible with my airpods too! Like did L even check the episode before she put it out?

Reactions: 2
Does L still talk to Jack?! The ginger guy. Had completely forgotten about him!

The quality was terrible with my airpods too! Like did L even check the episode before she put it out?
You’d think after doing a pod for so long she’d know how to do decent audio, even if it is over FaceTime. That’s why you can tell J was the one who did all the production stuff did itgalz/xgalz.

Reactions: 8
You’d think after doing a pod for so long she’d know how to do decent audio, even if it is over FaceTime. That’s why you can tell J was the one who did all the production stuff did itgalz/xgalz.
100% - L obviously did not even listen back to any of the episodes before putting them out

Reactions: 3
Can confirm this is L's new man. My friend works in a restaurant in Malahide and seen them there on Saturday all loved up and holding hands at the table
View attachment 1413161
L says she hates the whole ‘success = being in a relationship’ and I don’t doubt that that’s true but I think part of the reason she jumps from one guy to another is because she’s looking for someone to complete her. I wish she would actually work on whatever issues she has (especially when it comes to being in relationships) rather than looking for a quick fix in the form of a new guy/a new relationship.

The scrunchie girl? Has she disappeared entirely or have I just completely forgotten her handle. She was making clothes last I saw
No, she L's friend from the fashion course she took. She appeared on an episode of X galz but I haven't seen her on L's stories in a while.

L is getting hope adventures on the pod! Gas she is quite obviously taking suggestions from here lol

• Haha
I’d take everything L said at the time with a pinch of salt. She was the one who went completely manic and accused J of locking her out of the patreon and organised a random meet up “to tell her side of the story” which imo was completely erratic behaviour.

I also don’t think J downplayed anything, I just think she didn’t give a tit as they were on edge for ages and it was an easy escape 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think two things can be true - Lindsay did act manically during the split ( she talked about the park incident in a recent pod and said she was acting very manic at the time) but Jenny did seem to downplay things. Not everything is always black and white. This isn’t in regard to Jenny specifically but wider culture in general but I don’t like the way people automatically assume the person who stays silent in situations is the innocent party. This might seem unimportant when it’s about stupid podcaster drama but I think it has wider implications when victims of actually serious tit speak out and aren’t believed or trolled because the other person stays silent or brushes the situation off. No one has proof Jenny did nothing wrong but people where quick to defend her simply because Lindsay acted manic and not silent.

Reactions: 8
I think two things can be true - Lindsay did act manically during the split ( she talked about the park incident in a recent pod and said she was acting very manic at the time) but Jenny did seem to downplay things. Not everything is always black and white. This isn’t in regard to Jenny specifically but wider culture in general but I don’t like the way people automatically assume the person who stays silent in situations is the innocent party. This might seem unimportant when it’s about stupid podcaster drama but I think it has wider implications when victims of actually serious tit speak out and aren’t believed or trolled because the other person stays silent or brushes the situation off. No one has proof Jenny did nothing wrong but people where quick to defend her simply because Lindsay acted manic and not silent.
Totally agree with this. I personally feel like J used L to get a platform and when she realised L wasn’t as professional as she was she planned to jump ship. Judging their work ethic J knocks it out of the park but in terms of who seems to be a more genuine and engaging person. J doesn’t come close. I know the friend thing has been spoken about a lot but you can tell L is such a good friend. Chloe said she arrived at her house when she was going through a hard time. Pete said she helped him through a hard time and was very proactive. Shauna said L helped her get through that situation with that guy. L said on a pod recently that Jack opted out of their friend group. He doesn’t seem to be friends with J anymore either.

Reactions: 4
Wasn't into this week's guest at all, I'm a mam myself and normally enjoy the parents she gets on but it was just uninteresting this week, guest was tit, L didn't seem remotely interested in her and it was the same regurgitated statements throughout. Not to mention the audio was so bad, for the third episode in a row now.

The last few LL haven't hit the spot for me at all, sound quality aside. May need to unsub come 1st Aug if it doesn't improve, get juicier, funnier and better sound. Inflation ya know

Reactions: 9
Lindsay- you've a bit of momentum going. Don't duck it up.

Jenny can't do the personality or interesting thing like Lindsay can. Lindsay can do the quality and hard work that Jenny does...she just doesn't.

If she fucks this opportunity she has again she's fucked. Put in the work like, you're making as much as a retail worker working a 40 hour week for 1 hour of content. Think of everything you'd have to forfeit if you balls this up again. Get a grip.

Haha I don't think I could be friends with L. I'm too blunt. She'd have me done for character assassination and toxic relationship after a week 😂

Reactions: 13
Lindsay- you've a bit of momentum going. Don't duck it up.

Jenny can't do the personality or interesting thing like Lindsay can. Lindsay can do the quality and hard work that Jenny does...she just doesn't.

If she fucks this opportunity she has again she's fucked. Put in the work like, you're making as much as a retail worker working a 40 hour week for 1 hour of content. Think of everything you'd have to forfeit if you balls this up again. Get a grip.

Haha I don't think I could be friends with L. I'm too blunt. She'd have me done for character assassination and toxic relationship after a week 😂
Great advice. L please take this on board.

The last few LL haven't hit the spot for me at all, sound quality aside. May need to unsub come 1st Aug if it doesn't improve, get juicier, funnier and better sound. Inflation ya know
Yeah, the last few episodes have fallen a bit flat. Bring us more tea Lindsay!
I don't wanna unsubscribe yet 'cause the good still kinda outweighs the bad at this point. Will probably give it another month or so to see what she puts out.

Wasn't into this week's guest at all, I'm a mam myself and normally enjoy the parents she gets on but it was just uninteresting this week, guest was tit, L didn't seem remotely interested in her and it was the same regurgitated statements throughout. Not to mention the audio was so bad, for the third episode in a row now.
It's so obvious when L isn't into an episode or interested in the guest. This really came across with Eimear Varian Barry and Kellie&Claddagh.

Totally agree with this. I personally feel like J used L to get a platform and when she realised L wasn’t as professional as she was she planned to jump ship. Judging their work ethic J knocks it out of the park but in terms of who seems to be a more genuine and engaging person. J doesn’t come close. I know the friend thing has been spoken about a lot but you can tell L is such a good friend. Chloe said she arrived at her house when she was going through a hard time. Pete said she helped him through a hard time and was very proactive. Shauna said L helped her get through that situation with that guy. L said on a pod recently that Jack opted out of their friend group. He doesn’t seem to be friends with J anymore either.
L has such an advantage this way. J can't learn to be engaging or likable like L is. You either have it, or you don't. However, L can learn to be organised with episodes (like she has been) and put in the work if she really puts her mind to it.

Reactions: 6
Be interesting to see how the Hope ep goes, hopes so bubbly and interesting and talkative, if this ep falls flat or is shite I think there’s no hope
Edit: pun not intended lol

• Haha
I think L should do more solo episodes. It must be hard trying to get new guests on every week especially if the FaceTime ones are getting bad feedback.

L has such an advantage this way. J can't learn to be engaging or likable like L is. You either have it, or you don't. However, L can learn to be organised with episodes (like she has been) and put in the work if she really puts her mind to it.
That’s why I think it is better that J is no longer doing a ‘comedy’ podcast. I used to cringe when she would describe herself as funny because imo she never really was (although not as cringey as L comparing herself to Ricky Gervais lol). Even so, I wish J would inject more personality into her pod so the episodes aren’t so dry.
True that L can learn to be organised BUT it involves a lot of effort over a long period of time and idk if L has that in her. Since LL has been released she’s been on schedule but part of me wonders if that will last.

Reactions: 4
That’s why I think it is better that J is no longer doing a ‘comedy’ podcast. I used to cringe when she would describe herself as funny because imo she never really was (although not as cringey as L comparing herself to Ricky Gervais lol).
Oh god I cringed so much when she said that - and she has mentioned being like Joan Rivers before too!!:oops:😬

Remember they had Dave Mc Savage on the podcast and they referred to themselves as 'comics' and he said something like 'oh, do you do stand up?' or something along those lines.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.