It Galz #11 E lost his pods, J on her tod, L on the sesh, xgals is a fraud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
#itgalz #12: Lindsay’s getting sued and everything is a mess, it time to drop itgalz and find other forms of success

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm sure we can all agree, L included, that making the rape joke was ill advised and regrettable. And clearly went down like a shite sandwich.

But Ls own experience / story probably shouldn't be picked apart here IMO, her telling the joke and her own bad experience don't really have anything to do with each other.
totally agree, whatever happened to her does not excuse the jokes either way.

Reactions: 4
My main question is of all topics, and after her history… WHY choose the topic of SA/r*pe to laugh at, for your first solo gig? Both girls said crappy crappy things but from the top of my mind, L is the only one who is consistently making victim blaming remarks regularly even now?!

Reactions: 19
My main question is of all topics, and after her history… WHY choose the topic of SA/r*pe to laugh at, for your first solo gig? Both girls said crappy crappy things but from the top of my mind, L is the only one who is consistently making victim blaming remarks regularly even now?!
Because shes “unleashed” now 🤦🏻‍♀️She has nothing else than being controversial, its sad really.

Reactions: 7
She did say on the pod today ‘I was raped’ and that she responded to the girl heckling explaining how she had been raped
Gahhh, their conversation sounds toe curling. In the middle of a "fun" show. So awkward

Reactions: 16
Oh. I thought she was justifying making rape jokes as she had been raped.
My bad though. I deleted my comment.
She did she said on the podcast that she considered this rape she spoke with a friend about something and realised and she says “I was raped too” in reference to this

Reactions: 4
Gahhh, their conversation sounds toe curling. In the middle of a "fun" show. So awkward
This is the thing-it’s supposed to be a fun gals night out. Talk about sex, boys, celeb gods, drinking, gas craic kind of stuff. Including rape jokes of any kind or ED stuff is unnecessary and can definitely ruin the mood-especially when it’s unexpected. Like someone said earlier, rightly or wrongly if you go to the likes of Frankie Boyle you’re going to get offended, even think L can be offensive no one is going there to get offended, they’re going for a good night. I think the killer here is she didn’t even make a single rape “joke” with a punchline, she rambled about her observations about rapists that didn’t land and weren’t funny. It’s not even a joke-she’s the only joke.

Reactions: 25
Her justification is that, because this happened to her, she prefers to "get some air" and just make it a bit lighthearted and make a joke about it as it makes her feel better. She said that she often makes light of more serious things with her family and friends. That is her way of dealing with it, she said.

What she is failing to see, is that while HER way of dealing with this awful situation is to make light of it and have a bit of a laugh about it because it makes her feel better (which she is perfectly entitled to do in her own home or with her own family/friends who she knows enjoy that type of humour), I don't believe she included any trigger warning in her show tickets or gave any consideration to the fact that trigger warnings exist because many people who are victims of SA suffer from PTSD. Although she may not suffer from PTSD, and she may be able to joke about it, many people cannot and they find discussions like that highly triggering and may suffer panic attacks and night terrors related to the trauma.

Just because you, personally, are able to handle a joke and it makes you, personally, feel better to joke about something traumatic, does not mean that others will feel the same way. With SA in particular being one of the most highly traumatic and triggering things that a human can experience, I think it's best to assume that people might have an adverse reaction to a joke about it.

There is a big difference between making light of SA and making light of something else difficult like a divorce/breakup. While a divorce is a sad situation and may be upsetting, it is much less likely to trigger actual PTSD - panic attacks, trauma-related responses. There are varying statistics on this, but I have seen reports stating that 75% of rape victims suffer PTSD. It is a very different kettle of fish to making light of a difficult situation like a bad haircut or a breakup.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Funny that Sarah was so high and mighty when she ran off to tell Lindsey that Jenny was bitching about her but is perfectly fine with her sister making jokes about rape, she is so performative it’s embarrassing, she takes every opportunity to tell everyone who will listen how she volunteered at the rape crisis centre and make unqualified videos about x,y and z for Instagram, she clearly inherited her sisters delusion and self importance.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Deleting discord.. so ending customer feedback/discourse while claiming she loves and wants to nourish her “community”? It ain’t a community if you’re silencing all voices but your own, that’s a cult

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Oh look i would have deleted discord long time ago but then i would never keep to pod at first place.. 🤷🏻‍♀️Start fresh was the only good move she could have done.

Reactions: 6
Deleting discord.. so ending customer feedback/discourse while claiming she loves and wants to nourish her “community”? It ain’t a community if you’re silencing all voices but your own, that’s a cult
Guess she’ll have to change the patreon description too then as it states discord benefits included

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.