Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blurp

VIP Member
That's a good point. She will be emailing Ioan's lawyer directly at the moment until she's appointed a new lawyer. I bet she loves that.
Mr Nacrage's ex loved it everytime she sacker her lawyer cos she could go really abusive on his lawyer directly and say all the things her lawyer wouldn't say
The one that she libelled? I bet the atmosphere is Arctic.

Reactions: 8

BingoFlamingo

VIP Member
It's not sadly. The air quality is noticeably better outside London.
Of course it is, but it’s far better than when I grew up there in the 70s and my parents lived through the smog of the 50s.
Either way I don’t think it’s a contributory factor in the Evans narcissism.

• Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
Her daughter was 3 at the time so yes young enough but no second family.
Yes, I was wondering whether the chances of their being more children upset the Evans siblings. After all, more to be divided up and less to inherit. There would also be a chance that these putative children could have been younger had the father died so would require more money for university etc. All adding to the upset and outrage.

My great-grandfather married again in a similar situation when his children were adult. He had a considerable amount of land and money which was all left to his widow. Although there wasn't a second family, she left it all to her family in her will.

• Heart

BingoFlamingo

VIP Member
I don't know, as I said I'm guessing. Does London have air pollution?

I was struck by the fact their parents seem to have achieved very well but they aren't and they seem to have some odd behaviours. Statistically a very small sample of course but just really stands out.
There’s been efforts to clean up London, so heavy polluting vehicles aren’t allowed within a certain section of the city at all, some can enter with a high daily emissions charge. It’s pretty clean now. Not without pollution of course but much better than 10-15 years ago

Reactions: 7

Cady1954

VIP Member
It is bullying and blatant lies.
Can I go on Instagram and upload a picture of you and make up a completely fabricated story about you so hundreds of people can mock you and wish you’d die of a painful disease early? No and if I did I bet you’d report it.
Calm down. Instagram won't take it down because the PICTURE is not breaking any rules

• Angry

lulooo

VIP Member
Someone one noted that US people move their whole faces very much less to speak and most of it is the mouth; they are very much less expressive with their faces when talking than other nationalities, even in English - the forehead can be completely immobile.

I find us very much more difficult to lip read US people and TV though I usually have subtitles on anyway. I don't know if @claudiarocks would agree? I'm partially deaf (waiting for an appointment to get my lugs cleaned out before I get my second hearing aid - Bluetooth so yay! no more need for earbuds 😂) and found my comprehension took a huge dive with face masks and screens.

I got my PIP! No mobility award which is a pain in the arse as I'm currently hirpling around the house with my stick thanks to a misbehaving hip, but I can do a change of circumstances later as it was appealed on how I was in June 2021. Now to wait a few weeks for payment to start and backpay since September 2020 to arrive 😁.
So very pleased to hear this @Blurp. You must feel so relieved. 🤞for your new hearing aid and mobility award and may they both happen sooner rather than later ❤

• Heart

SusieTCones

VIP Member
I’m catching up so someone else might have answered this but in case not…

The difference is in the ‘th’ and that Welsh has 2 separate letters (or double letters) for what would be written as th in English.

Try to forget about the spelling for a moment and just concentrate on the sound.

THIS THING. If you say those two words out loud, you’ll notice the first bit isn’t pronounced the same although they’re both spelt with a t h.

Written in Welsh orthography, ‘This thing’ would be spelt ‘Ddis thing’. With me so far??

dd in Gruffudd is pronounced like the ‘th’ in ‘this’. Softly.

th in Griffith is more of a blowing/hissing sound, like in ‘thing’.

Say it out loud and you should notice the difference.
What I notice when I do the "thing" sound is that there is a gap between my tongue and the bottom of my teeth where the air pushes out. With "they", my tongue is touching the bottom of my teeth.

When the "dd" comes at the end of the word, like with "Gruffudd", it takes more effort to pull your tongue away, whereas when it's at the start of the word, your tongue naturally moves to the next sound. I think Americans are very lazy with their articulation--think Harry "Podder" instead of "Potter". When I've learned other languages, I'm always surprised how much I have to move my tongue and jaw to make the correct sounds.