Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HashtagRealTalk

Does anyone else think behind the perfect facade of Bobbi-Brown make up, Camel-coloured cashmere and endless-smiling-despite-having-three-years-of-broken-sleep, Lauren is actually a bit of a psycho who cuts the buttons off her husbands clothes when she sees a missed call from an unknown number on her husbands phone? Just a thought...

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Comfysofa

Absolutely appalled that she had to spend a gifted night with Col simply to launch a self indulgent competition. I am surprised that the Dormy House has lowered themselves so much. We have come to expect such greedy standards from TWC, Joules, etc, but really! You can guarantee by the Fairfax and Favor Amira boots she is wearing that they will be coming up in the competition at some point. Why on earth would brands like that think her followers are going to spend £400 on a pair of boots she is wearing for free! The rare time she actually buys anything she seems to shop at H&M, Wilkos, etc. She is a make up saleswoman who has moved to the country, not your average clientele for boots like that. What is wrong with these companies- quick fix marketing gone mad!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Stardustsmile28

Chatty Member
I think branding and publicising yourself as a wholesome girl next door to whom nothing is as important as traditional family life, is in my opinion, a bit OTT when two marriages ended to create your family (brand).

• Wow
Reactions: 10

Ahcomeon

Chatty Member
The thing is, her present lists are super-luxurious and faux-royal, but they’re all #gifted. They’ll unwrap their (free) gifts on their lush Christmas Day, while drinking a lush glass of champagne, with some lush scrambled eggs and salmon, cooked by amazing chef (Skoda Car Salesman) Col, with some luxurious (gifted) Jo Malone candles twinkling in her beautiful olde English (rented) home. Of course, there is nothing wrong with any of these things, but I hate how she manipulates the presentation of her life for sales. It’s all fake.
When you look at her lifestyle and her likely family income it just proves what a negative space Instagram is. She makes out that she is loaded and that she could buy everything if it wasn't free which most definitely isn't the case. A gifted lifestyle to rub everyone elses nose in. I look forward to the day when Instagrammers are a thing of the past and they have to get real life jobs. Though didn't Lauren steal a colleagues husband? Guess she won't be going back there.

Loops123

OMG this is like coming home!! We went to school with Lauren and have amongst ourselves been literally baffled as to how many people are buying into this fakery!! Seriously!! How she isn’t embarrassed to write her cringey captions is beyond comprehension. Also, who the hell says “time you turd”...that alone is enough to make me want to throw my phone out the window. And yes she was married before too. Surprise surprise, her first wedding was featured in a bridal blog and yes, it was pretty freaking perfect. On your marks, get set...google!! 😂

• Wow

Qweenie

I actually can’t help but like Lauren, but I CANNOT stand the ‘Happy Monday!’, ‘Happy Tuesday!’, ‘Happy Friday!’, ‘Happy Bank Holiday!’, ‘Happy Weekend!’
😫

• Haha

yepmetoo

Looks like someone reads Tattle and is making an attempt to prove life isn't perfect 🙄🙄
I thought I'd noticed a difference in her stories recently.View attachment 12130
I thought the same, maybe it’s just me but she looks a bit deflated and upset in her latest stories I think. I hope not because on the whole I think she is probably a genuinely lovely person that obviously adores her family but instagram seems to have gone to her head a little and that’s what I find irritating.

Same with a lot of the influencers though, they get tens of thousands of followers and it turns them into self obsessed twats and makes them do cringey stuff for the gram - what makes you think your so important we want to see you parading around in front of your bedroom mirror showing off your outfit?! I just can’t imagine ever thinking myself important enough to upload such self indulgent ‘look at me’ posts.

I really think I need to come off Instagram actually, it’s no good for a persons mental health at all.

dahliaqueen

It’s my first time posting on this thread, but her feed and stories have just become almost laughable in recent times. When I first followed I guess I was, as many are, naive to the fact that the woman is a highly glorified saleswoman and has not stopped short of selling herself, her lifestyle and her family in the process. I particularly had to laugh when Today, written underneath the Monsoon advert I see; “Oh and I’m head to two in Monsoon also”, of course you are Lauren, because you haven’t paid a penny for any of it! She’s clearly styled/styling herself and her “mini men” on Kate Middleton and her children, it’s all rather sickening, not realistic for everyday families despite income (we have a very healthy household income but I wouldn’t ever subject my three year old to being dressed in that manner every single day and I certainly wouldn’t want to be aging myself by a minimum of 10 years either!) and for many who remain under her spell, sadly, her posts are enough to make people question their own family lives - Is that truly the kind of person anyone would want to be? I think not.

• Heart

Starshining

VIP Member
Right, I will state from the start I like Lauren. She has a feel good, happy personality but after a quick count up, since January there has been over 60 adverts.

So, therefore Lauren isn’t your friend she is a sales person, coaxing you in to buy her lifestyle, buy the product and therefore, increasing her bank balance which is fine if you tell people I’m selling this to you.

She does, according to ASA rules, declare its an Ad but it’s being wrapped up in a girly, friends format.

I wish people would realise the following:

1/ when you swipe up (even if you don’t buy) it leaves cookies on your phone which in turn creates revenue for any future purchase within 30 days.

2/ finishing a post with a question. The replies create engagement figures which create revenue

3/ sliding the emoji slide counts as engagement figures which create revenue e.g
Today’s post “how lucky are we with these blue skies”

4/ last nights latest post on a knife block with knives. These cost £250 BUT you are lucky because Lauren is working with the company and can offer you 10% off (even though she was given them for free as she is working with them).

It’s a known fact that emotional shopping is done at night, you are tired, scrolling by looking at other’s lifestyles and you buy into it all.

“Influencers” need to be accountable for the poor mental health and debt that they are helping to create and influence.
057FDF97-FDE4-4989-A2B5-6365E6489086.jpeg

Pressing one of these buttons creates engagement figures = creates revenue

Last edited:
  • Wow

Peachy10

Chatty Member
I think they are a very photogenic family but doesn’t she know it. Every photo is so cringe and perfect, it’s like im looking in some cheesy magazine. Her YouTube routine videos actually had me howling. The cheesy music, the calm voice, children playing beautifully in the bath, candles lit, the children listening intently to their story before going down straight away 🤣 it’s like what people who aren’t parents fantasise what parenthood is like.

• Haha

Sandra_1984

Eugh, refusing to ever buy Bobbi Brown or any of its associated brands (bye bye este laude, mac and jo Malone) again.

Downtoearth

I did send them an email earlier! I told them that I didn’t feel she was appropriate as a rep for their family friendly brand and they should do a bit of research before they start handing out freebies to people who break up families.
I think that's a bit rough. I'm not advocating adultery but come on, it is 2019. People have affairs and get divorced every day. Painting her as some kind of heathen scarlet woman is a bit OTT!

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
Latest post 🙄 Yeah cos everybody looks like that after they’ve wrangled the kids into bed!!! I don’t mind the perfectly staged #ads if that’s what she does but why the totally disingenuous captions. You haven’t just wafted into your garden like that after doing the bedtime routine. It’s all smoke and mirrors and it’s designed to exploit vulnerable mums who aspire to this totally unrealistic lifestyle so they fork out money for candles (by a brand she’s employed by) and dresses and champagne and caprese salads they don’t need to feel good about themselves 🤥🤥🤥
Totally with you on this and this is what I find abhorrent about the instamums. I really couldn’t care less about what freebies they get, to me nothing free is worth the price of my children’s privacy and safety.

But this idea that ‘this’ is what life should look like is a deliberate strategy to undermine the confidence of mostly women and specifically mothers. It portrays this easy, but oh so polished lifestyle of expensive clothes, luxury holidays, curated homes and impossibly happy children. It screams at you, ‘why don’t you live this prefect life, what’s wrong with you?’ And then ‘but buy the rose wine / Joules wellies / Philips steamer - and you too can have a piece of the fantasy’.

It’s so wrong, it’s plays on the very usual insecurities that many mothers have.

If anyone here is reading this and feels that wobble, that sense that they should be as groomed and. Glossy as Lauren, please remember this:

You are doing a great job, you are juggling a lot, Instagram is a fabrication and you are absolutely enough’

• Heart

Clare

VIP Member
But I think this is like saying that the model advertising certain brands must own those brands? They purely model.
I see Lauren and many other influences purely as ‘tools’ of those that market and advertise. These are the ‘new age’ models so to speak and companies use them as they are relatable. Or they think she might be. And ultimately doing what she is doing will eventually probably improve her income and ability to have better holidays and perhaps own her home. I think sometimes there is too much emphasis on what’s real and what’s not.
I think we are mostly manipulated daily by these companies selling us stuff we often don’t need. Marketing ploy to make us buy more and for in a certain mould. It’s up to us if we want to click.
Yes Lauren can be sometimes OTT in her way of presenting life and reality but I like looking at her page and I have a look at it in a same way I look at a glossy magazine. Not all of it is real.
There is a big difference between a professional model doing an advert which everyone knows is an advert to influencers ‘selling’ us a distorted version of reality, often full of undisclosed ads. With a model, you know once the camera stops he/she doesn’t live that life. But influencers like Lauren blur the lines - a lot of what we see is gifted and she leads us to believe this is her bought and paid for life, but it’s not achievable, it is just a big fake shady advert. Sadly I think a lot of her followers don’t see that, they think it’s real and that she isn’t selling them anything, she’s just wholesome and real. That is the problem. Fair play to her for creating this image/world but there needs to be more transparency, so we can all clearly see what’s being sold to us and what’s being slipped in the back door to line her pockets off our backs.

Greendream

Hate how she walks up to the mirror like she’s fucking kate moss on the runway. God she’s a cringebag. She dresses way older than she is but she looks older than she is anyway 😳 all that Bobbi brown skincare not a great advert on Lauren I’ve got to say!!!!

• Haha

TheGreatestShowman

Chatty Member
How does she have the audacity to post a quote about the memories of Christmas being the most important thing , seconds after listing affiliate linked items to buy !

• Haha

Clare

VIP Member
Another ‘lush’ grid photo, totally natural, just hanging in my cottage look with absolutely no unintentional paid or gifted undeclared product...oh wait...collaborated journal, jo malone candle, cashmere anything, flowers...who knows what to believe. The only thing you can be sure of, it’s all staged for the FLOG masked as an innocent picture 😒 why not tag it all? Why is nothing declared?

• Heart