Hunters & Heels

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I stopped following her a while ago. Couldn’t stand the constant smile. The sickly voice. The isn’t my life just perfect anymore! We’d all be smiling that much if we got all the freebies too!!!!!

Reactions: 1
Absolutely! It’s the simpering smugness that really grates on me. Could not be more pleased with herself if she tried! I’d be pretty happy if I had loads of free tit too...

Reactions: 6
Another ‘lush’ grid photo, totally natural, just hanging in my cottage look with absolutely no unintentional paid or gifted undeclared product...oh wait...collaborated journal, jo malone candle, cashmere anything, flowers...who knows what to believe. The only thing you can be sure of, it’s all staged for the FLOG masked as an innocent picture 😒 why not tag it all? Why is nothing declared?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Another ‘lush’ grid photo, totally natural, just hanging in my cottage look with absolutely no unintentional paid or gifted undeclared product...oh wait...collaborated journal, jo malone candle, cashmere anything, flowers...who knows what to believe. The only thing you can be sure of, it’s all staged for the FLOG masked as an innocent picture 😒 why not tag it all? Why is nothing declared?
Because it’s our ‘Laur! All product placement, no thought that it’s one big #Ad

It like “oh you’ve just caught me sitting, here working...”

Meanwhile in the background, the tripod is out, ring light is out, all staged.

Either that or one of the Stepford brothers is standing on a chair 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In her rental cottage she likes to pretend she owns. Her landlord will be laughing all the way to the bank new floors newly painted walls etc all to pretend they own it. Nothing wrong with renting. Just she likes to big everything up the dream quaint cottage the cashmere champagne life that’s all gifted and false.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
In her rental cottage she likes to pretend she owns. Her landlord will be laughing all the way to the bank new floors newly painted walls etc all to pretend they own it. Nothing wrong with renting. Just she likes to big everything up the dream quaint cottage the cashmere champagne life that’s all gifted and false.
All “fur coat and no knickers” 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I stopped following her a while ago. Couldn’t stand the constant smile. The sickly voice. The isn’t my life just perfect anymore! We’d all be smiling that much if we got all the freebies too!!!!!
Exactly why I stopped following picture perfect life, no one has a life like that x

Reactions: 3
All her coats are gifted! She had a grey one from TWC last year, then a green one from Wallis, then a hooded one from Joules, then she had a camel one from Hobbs (although she said she bought that one) and a Teddy Coat from warehouse she affiliate linked, then a cape from TWC this year and a camel coat from TWC this season too!!!! How many coats does one woman need!!! Every single thing the woman wears is gifted or affiliate, it is ridiculous!! It is consumerism at its worst, where on earth does she keep it all!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Me and hubs have a nice income which we both work exceptionally hard for (between the 2 of us we drive over 1000 mile a week for work). We have a white company, Jo malone, Estee lauder type house, as do most of our friends.

And I really have bought a cashmere blanket as a gift before (admittedly for a family member) 😂

BUT...... Laur and Col wouldn't last a second with my friends. Nothing is really real... They don't really ski, they just pose in the snow. They don't drive good cars. They don't even really have good holidays?? H&H is fascinating from a marketing perspective because followers who really do have that 6 figure income would just laugh all the way to their real lifestyle, and followers who find her aspirational can't really afford any of it. So who is actually clicking those affiliate links? 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Me and hubs have a nice income which we both work exceptionally hard for (between the 2 of us we drive over 1000 mile a week for work). We have a white company, Jo malone, Estee lauder type house, as do most of our friends.

And I really have bought a cashmere blanket as a gift before (admittedly for a family member) 😂

BUT...... Laur and Col wouldn't last a second with my friends. Nothing is really real... They don't really ski, they just pose in the snow. They don't drive good cars. They don't even really have good holidays?? H&H is fascinating from a marketing perspective because followers who really do have that 6 figure income would just laugh all the way to their real lifestyle, and followers who find her aspirational can't really afford any of it. So who is actually clicking those affiliate links? 🤔
But I think this is like saying that the model advertising certain brands must own those brands? They purely model.
I see Lauren and many other influences purely as ‘tools’ of those that market and advertise. These are the ‘new age’ models so to speak and companies use them as they are relatable. Or they think she might be. And ultimately doing what she is doing will eventually probably improve her income and ability to have better holidays and perhaps own her home. I think sometimes there is too much emphasis on what’s real and what’s not.
I think we are mostly manipulated daily by these companies selling us stuff we often don’t need. Marketing ploy to make us buy more and for in a certain mould. It’s up to us if we want to click.
Yes Lauren can be sometimes OTT in her way of presenting life and reality but I like looking at her page and I have a look at it in a same way I look at a glossy magazine. Not all of it is real.

But I think this is like saying that the model advertising certain brands must own those brands? They purely model.
I see Lauren and many other influences purely as ‘tools’ of those that market and advertise. These are the ‘new age’ models so to speak and companies use them as they are relatable. Or they think she might be. And ultimately doing what she is doing will eventually probably improve her income and ability to have better holidays and perhaps own her home. I think sometimes there is too much emphasis on what’s real and what’s not.
I think we are mostly manipulated daily by these companies selling us stuff we often don’t need. Marketing ploy to make us buy more and for in a certain mould. It’s up to us if we want to click.
Yes Lauren can be sometimes OTT in her way of presenting life and reality but I like looking at her page and I have a look at it in a same way I look at a glossy magazine. Not all of it is real.
There is a big difference between a professional model doing an advert which everyone knows is an advert to influencers ‘selling’ us a distorted version of reality, often full of undisclosed ads. With a model, you know once the camera stops he/she doesn’t live that life. But influencers like Lauren blur the lines - a lot of what we see is gifted and she leads us to believe this is her bought and paid for life, but it’s not achievable, it is just a big fake shady advert. Sadly I think a lot of her followers don’t see that, they think it’s real and that she isn’t selling them anything, she’s just wholesome and real. That is the problem. Fair play to her for creating this image/world but there needs to be more transparency, so we can all clearly see what’s being sold to us and what’s being slipped in the back door to line her pockets off our backs.

I agree that they are total superficial nobends and like you, have a 6 fig household income. I don’t really get your point re the cars/holidays/ski stuff. I probably also ‘wouldn’t last a minute’ with your friends. I don’t ski. I went on a school ski trip, 30yrs ago but that’s it. I have a nice car but I don’t care about flashy cars, so you wouldn’t necessarily look at my car and think “Oh, she’s got money”. My house is furnished with nice things but I spend money on original paintings and craftsman built furniture, rather than TWC candles.

She is reaching for that aspirational thing, so she isn’t looking to sell to you (or me, probably). She wants to sell to the bracket below her, who would like her lifestyle but can’t have it lock, stock and barrel, so buy it one TWC storm lantern at a time. Or she’s selling the idyllic country lifestyle to affluent city dwellers who do have somewhere close to the income but can’t move to the country for work reasons, they live vicariously through her painstakingly curated account, buying overpriced twee junk along the way.

Reactions: 12
I agree that they are total superficial nobends and like you, have a 6 fig household income. I don’t really get your point re the cars/holidays/ski stuff. I probably also ‘wouldn’t last a minute’ with your friends. I don’t ski. I went on a school ski trip, 30yrs ago but that’s it. I have a nice car but I don’t care about flashy cars, so you wouldn’t necessarily look at my car and think “Oh, she’s got money”. My house is furnished with nice things but I spend money on original paintings and craftsman built furniture, rather than TWC candles.

She is reaching for that aspirational thing, so she isn’t looking to sell to you (or me, probably). She wants to sell to the bracket below her, who would like her lifestyle but can’t have it lock, stock and barrel, so buy it one TWC storm lantern at a time. Or she’s selling the idyllic country lifestyle to affluent city dwellers who do have somewhere close to the income but can’t move to the country for work reasons, they live vicariously through her painstakingly curated account, buying overpriced twee junk along the way.
Spot on! I totally get this. You articulated really well a lot of what I was thinking too.

Reactions: 8
View attachment 40744
Apparently “it’s a big bloody deal”
Hardly a cure for Cancer Laur’?

Agree with the poster above. As a thank you to her 🐑 give them away in a Comp. Let the 🐑 feel valued?! 🤷🏻‍♀️
I have had to unfollow a few of my lovely interior account holders after having their head turned by the gorgeous Lauren .
I find her unbearable . She has singlehandedly put me off joe malone , white company and now NeXt ! Put your cashmere on and F off

I notice the Lauren fan club , sorry wonderful friends that used to go on free trips to cottages and eat free food that Col whipped up has dropped off a bit . Where was sally fazeli’s free pleather make up bag ??
Cols a lucky man to have that manicured hand wrapped round his chops every anniversary / date day . My husbands lucky if I’m not in my dressing gown ( it’s fleece from TU not cashmere and has stains ) when he gets in from work . Not sure the rest of us have to be subjected to such levels of PDA scented by free joe malone

Latest post 🙄 Yeah cos everybody looks like that after they’ve wrangled the kids into bed!!! I don’t mind the perfectly staged #ads if that’s what she does but why the totally disingenuous captions. You haven’t just wafted into your garden like that after doing the bedtime routine. It’s all smoke and mirrors and it’s designed to exploit vulnerable mums who aspire to this totally unrealistic lifestyle so they fork out money for candles (by a brand she’s employed by) and dresses and champagne and caprese salads they don’t need to feel good about themselves 🤥🤥🤥
The caprese salad was an absolute game changer !! Me and husband had many a laugh over that

Last edited:
OMG this is like coming home!! We went to school with Lauren and have amongst ourselves been literally baffled as to how many people are buying into this fakery!! Seriously!! How she isn’t embarrassed to write her cringey captions is beyond comprehension. Also, who the hell says “time you turd”...that alone is enough to make me want to throw my phone out the window. And yes she was married before too. Surprise surprise, her first wedding was featured in a bridal blog and yes, it was pretty freaking perfect. On your marks, get set...google!! 😂

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.