Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
£8.62 an hour
I had my yearly review and you get a pay raise judged on how well you do
I got a glowing-couldn’t-fault-me-at-all review then she told me I was getting my raise
A full 2p an hour
I told her she was welcome to keep it!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 74

Casperron

VIP Member
Why does nobody ever want to say how much they earn, even on anonymous forums 😂
So let’s do it... what’s your job, how much do you earn annually?

I’ll start.
I work in adult entertainment, on webcams. I haven’t been doing it a full year but I earn on average £2,000 a month

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

Beachbabe

Chatty Member
I don’t work I’m a SAHM but my husband is a professional sportsman,he earns 23,000 per week plus win bonuses etc

Has your husband got any single friends age range 38 - 50?? Will go older if they’ve got a heart condition and won’t last long 😉🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 54

Sickofinstacrap

Senior A&E nurse, take home approx 2800 a month & do over time earning between 500-1000 extra a month. I'm very open about my earnings because I'm very proud of where I got to when I was always told I wouldn't amount to anything when I was young

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Pumpkinhead

I'm a full time carer for my disabled husband so working outside of the home isnt possible at the moment. Benefit income is just under £1k a month for us. Hideous to have to rely on it but glad we had the chance to pay into a system during our working time that allows us to claim some of it back now.

One thing I will say, despite the disabilities and troubles they bring, we've never been happier with our lot, we live simply and enjoy our time together. When we were both working and earning decent money, we didn't get to spend quality time together and money became the focus of everything. Now we dont have any, it's one less thing to worry about.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Zanzi202

Army, Nursing and State pensions @ £3500 a month, wife nurse pension £2200 a month and more than that combined from a property portfolio. Plan your retirement early folks.
Good for you but it’s easy to say that when you’re of retirement age now. People who are younger than you don’t have that luxury. Especially as you’re ex army, you had housing provided, so easily able to acquire a buy to let.

Reactions: 33

non binary coat

Chatty Member
39k working at a university.

I was berated for saying tax rises would affect me on the politics thread. But after season ticket, tax, childcare and mortgage there's not much left!
I know someone that does two shifs a week at Sainsbury's and with housing tax benefits, council tax benefits, child benefits and working tax credit she earns around the same as these are tax free.
Her children are at secondary school and her job is low stress and she has so much free time. I feel like a mug.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

kazizzle

VIP Member
Local government in communications and PR earning around £25k. I’m really hoping for a wee promotion soon though - I’m nearly 30 but on the most junior role in my team after doing some travelling after uni, and then moving from another junior role in the LA to the one I’m in now. I’ve been the most junior person for three years and went for a promotion last year but it went to someone else (who had been in the role longer than me and was acting up to the promoted post anyway so fair enough). Just hoping it’s my turn next.
Coming back here to quote my own post and say that I'm getting that promotion! It's only temp for a year at the moment due to some extra funding being available BUT there's a good chance it will be able to be extended or there will be another post at the same level available further down the line. My current role is permanent so I would move back down to it when the temporary post ends if there isn't something else available. Feeling really proud of myself as I've worked really hard the last year trying to prove myself. This bumps me up two pay grades so my salary will be around £31K.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Glittery1

VIP Member
I work in recruitment and earn £28K.

I have another role in the pipeline. If I’m successful that will be a rise to £40K. I’m a single parent and this would make the biggest difference to my life, so I’m really hoping I’m successful 🤞🙏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 30

judgingyourlife

Building surveyor (trainee). £30k pa. Once chartered (which is being paid for by my company), I should end up on around £50k. After a few years experience, some jobs are up to £100k, which is the dream!! The career progression in this field is amazing, and there is plenty of work around. If you are stuck for what to do I would look into it... this time 2 years ago I was unemployed with no direction, and after completing a PG diploma in building surveying, I immediately found a job. Would never have happened if I hadn't been watching Homes Under the Hammer this time 2 years ago and out of curiosity researched the career. Now I'm 23 with great prospects and about to buy my first property.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Death2unicorns

NHS , earn usually £1.800 a month but tend to do a few bank shifts as well which add a few hundred . For the responsibility I have I feel underpaid
Well I’m sure I speak for many of us here in saying we are bloody grateful that you do take on that responsibility for what is relatively crap pay! ❤

I'm a full time NHS Radiographer.
£30400 before tax not including any overtime etc.
Usually take home around £1800 a month.
That’s not enough for what you do IMO, I hope the risks of you potentially being exposed to radiation are very well managed too.

Last edited:
  • Heart

judsmum

Chatty Member
Office manager. 30k. South Yorkshire. I’d deffo do adult entertainment on webcams but would die laughing I think!

• Haha

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Stay at Home Mum so £0k. My team are mostly quite entertaining, but loud, messy and ask too many questions (they're 13,10 and 9). Crappy benefits but a flexible role and I'm my own boss so 🤷‍♀️.

Husband works from home and works in IT. £49k.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Calabria

VIP Member
I work in Logistics and earn £40k but am currently pushing for a payrise as the men in my department who have the same level of responsibility as me and who have been here the same amount of time (in one case, four years less than me) earn £50k.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
I earn £73k per annum. I now have £3 left in my bank account. So living off my credit card for the rest of the month. This is due to paying a huge amount to my ex who does not work. Everyone has different circumstances.

I am about to be made redundant, so I guess his gravy train will now end and he will have to go and get a job.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

Jgizzle

Need to share with someone because our friends and family would hate him if they knew 😂😂😂 (I think I hate him)

So it’s just been bonus time for my partner....

(Let bear in mind I’m self employed and my business has been HIT HARD by the pandemic but I’m ok, there’s a lot worse off than me)

So bonus has come in....he already earns a very good salary....but this month... his pay check is ....45k

ONE MONTH
I’M DEAD
CRIMINAL
I’ve decided, I hate him

• Wow
  • Heart

ishaggedhughjackman

I'm a senior lawyer at a big firm in London and I earn about £160,000 a year gross. To be clear though, I work insane hours, rarely get weekends off and I am generally stressed out at all times. And do you know what, the money doesnt go that far. I have a massive mortgage on a 2 bed flat in zone 3 (not even a particularly accessible area) - all I want is to get it down to a reasonable level and then quit, to get a nicer job that may not pay as much, but would praobably be more fulfilling - but honestly, it's taken me years to repay my student loans so I have only just managed to reach the milestone of 25% equity in my flat... soon as I get to 50% I am out of here.

• Heart