How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Part time 20hours a week in a call centre. South Yorkshire. 9k per year plus any bonus (I train new starters so don’t get any 🤣)

I'm a full time NHS Radiographer.
£30400 before tax not including any overtime etc.
Usually take home around £1800 a month.
it’s crazy to me that you earn about 4-5k a year more than me and only take home and extra £50!? Isn’t it funny the way we think

Reactions: 5
This has weirdly fascinated me! Sometimes I think about leaving my job for one that’s an extra 5-10k a year but it’s funny seeing that per month I might not take home much more!!

I work for the local authority in a management position in a care home for the elderly living with dementia. I earn about £26k per year. I take home £1750 usually although this includes £10 for being a qualified first aider plus I work 1 Sunday a month so receive a little extra for Sunday hours too

Reactions: 4
it’s crazy to me that you earn about 4-5k a year more than me and only take home and extra £50!? Isn’t it funny the way we think
I imagine there is a student loan or staff pension taken out as should be just over 2k a month on this wage.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I'm still paying between £100 and £150 a month back to my student loan (9% of my monthly wage) which should be finished in the next year or two and our pension contribution is 9% too.

£1800 is about right for a flat month but this month it is £1950 because I did quite a bit if overtime. I'm trying to boost my monthly wage over the next couple of months by doing more overtime so when they work out my average I'll get more maternity pay.

Reactions: 3
I used to work in care and I remember a lot of people asking for demotion as the senior carers would only be taking home £20 more a month for so much more responsibility

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
55k. We get paid four weekly and I take home £3000. If it were monthly it would be £3,250.

• Wow
Part time writer and editor, £20k. I'm looking for a new career if anyone has any ideas!

Reactions: 1
This is a useful thread for people considering a career change.
I'm a team leader in a government debt centre. I’m part time but would earn 27k before tax if I was full time.
My partner is a newly qualified solicitor and earns 38k, takes home £2300 a month. We live up north and both have student loans.

Reactions: 4
39k working at a university.

I was berated for saying tax rises would affect me on the politics thread. But after season ticket, tax, childcare and mortgage there's not much left!
I know someone that does two shifs a week at Sainsbury's and with housing tax benefits, council tax benefits, child benefits and working tax credit she earns around the same as these are tax free.
Her children are at secondary school and her job is low stress and she has so much free time. I feel like a mug.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Work part time in fine wine. 16 hours a week 24.675 a year. Net take home.

IT administrator, 22k a year. Low income for my role but I WFH so can be on hand for school runs etc. Would love to do something more fulfilling but my husband has a demanding career and for me the kids come first. Maybe when the youngest hits teen years I could retrain. Always wanted to be a paramedic.

Reactions: 8
I work in exams and finance in an education setting but not mainstream.
I’m paid term time only so 43 weeks of the year and am paid around £24k a year. Getting a pay rise in April which will take me to £25k

I also work part time in a supermarket which is about £5k a year as only work 8 hours a week.

I’m knackered but love my supermarket job. Unfortunately full time that doesn’t pay enough.

Reactions: 2
I'm an office manager/senior administrator for a children's charity in Bristol, my full time wage would be 21K per year but on 28 hours a week I take home £1160 a month

Reactions: 1
Why does nobody ever want to say how much they earn, even on anonymous forums 😂
So let’s do it... what’s your job, how much do you earn annually?

I’ll start.
I work in adult entertainment, on webcams. I haven’t been doing it a full year but I earn on average £2,000 a month
You show off your titties for £2k a month! I always thought people on those cams earned a mint!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.