How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work in recruitment and earn £28K.

I have another role in the pipeline. If I’m successful that will be a rise to £40K. I’m a single parent and this would make the biggest difference to my life, so I’m really hoping I’m successful 🤞🙏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Is that a standard teacher?
Nope...my husband is a teacher, I'm at home with 3 young children. He earns £36,000 but take home pay is £1,900 a month. Every month we count down to next pay day. Savings are barely there.
We have one car, own our house but only after a deposit from his mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I wonder how many of us have taken pay cuts or lost jobs since last March? I know a few people IRL (in the car design and catering industries mainly) but the vast majority have kept working albeit from home.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I wonder how many of us have taken pay cuts or lost jobs since last March? I know a few people IRL (in the car design and catering industries mainly) but the vast majority have kept working albeit from home.
I’m a hairdresser so my profits are waaaay down this year!

26.5K, South East, 27 years old, Social Media Manager

Would be nice to have some more but I manage!

I had to reduce my workload due to contracts being put on hold. My earnings are nearly half of what they were.

I know a few who took pay cuts. One lost her job and most have been on furlough.

Reactions: 1
£25k, trainee accountant, 24, North east. Hopeful that when I qualify later this year I will get a payrise.

I know a few who have lost their jobs due to restructuring also, some have companies have noticed they don’t need as many people if they can work effectively from home. I also know people who are thriving and have made more money than ever.

£25k, trainee accountant, 24, North east. Hopeful that when I qualify later this year I will get a payrise.

How far along are you with experience? And qualifications? I a trainee accountant in the midlands I’m on 22k still have a good few exams left though so it’s interesting where other people are at!

Updated 75K IT North East, mid 30's no children and I hate my job. Seriously looking for lower salaried jobs with a better work life balance.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Updated 75K IT North East, mid 30's no children and I hate my job. Seriously looking for lower salaried jobs with a better work life balance.
I feel you. Money isn't everything and I know people would kill for 75k but I appreciate why you are considering looking for lower.

Reactions: 7
14k admin role but only work 20 hrs per week at the moment, once kids are older I’ll go back full time.

This thread is such an interesting read!! I really wish we were all more open about money and it wasn’t such a taboo subject.

I’m currently a stay at home mum, so I get paid duck all 🤣 my partner earns £50k+ and we have a nice comfortable lifestyle, but will be much better once I return to work, we don’t have as much opportunity to put money into savings like we used to.

Reactions: 8
wow... all of you are so lucky! I just converted my yearly salary to GBP and it's literally 4452 pounds 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Local government in communications and PR earning around £25k. I’m really hoping for a wee promotion soon though - I’m nearly 30 but on the most junior role in my team after doing some travelling after uni, and then moving from another junior role in the LA to the one I’m in now. I’ve been the most junior person for three years and went for a promotion last year but it went to someone else (who had been in the role longer than me and was acting up to the promoted post anyway so fair enough). Just hoping it’s my turn next.
Coming back here to quote my own post and say that I'm getting that promotion! It's only temp for a year at the moment due to some extra funding being available BUT there's a good chance it will be able to be extended or there will be another post at the same level available further down the line. My current role is permanent so I would move back down to it when the temporary post ends if there isn't something else available. Feeling really proud of myself as I've worked really hard the last year trying to prove myself. This bumps me up two pay grades so my salary will be around £31K.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Not enough!

Before Covid came along, I was easily earning the equivalent of about GBP 30k per annum doing freelancing (working huge hours - more than 100 a week, easily), but now there are so many more players to the field, all competing for the same jobs. One client I did work for pre-Covid was paying US$15/hr for the same job they are now advertising US$3/hr for, such is the state of the market. My pay rate varies depending on what I do and the timeframe I'm given. It used to be neat having the luxury of picking and choosing what I really wanted to do, but because pickings are so slim nowadays I tend to throw my hat in for anything.

I think I will re-train and look to do something where the skillset is more in demand. My main problem is that I only want to work from home. If I went into the city (a two-hour commute each way), I could earn so much more, but my stress levels would accelerate.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.