How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have actually just done my taxes and budgeting and last year I made 55 thousand and my partner earned around 50 thousand. Jesus where does the money go? I feel like I have little to nothing to show with it with my rent and insurances I pay for

Reactions: 8
NHS band 3. 19k a year. Shifts run 24/7 so working unsocial hours, bank holiday's etc. bumps up the pay. Take home around 1600 a month on average.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Because of Covid19, I lost my job, so on benefits, receiving about £780 a month
Same! :( Hope you're coping ok.

Very strange position to be in and my friends sadly think it's great I've free time and something will come along. It's been 6/7 months. I'm fed up and worried for Christmas. Previous to losing my job I was earning 35k a year in Retail which is about €2,200 a month. Price disparity between England and Ireland is crazy for the same job.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I'll
Same! :( Hope you're coping ok.

Very strange position to be in and my friends sadly think it's great I've free time and something will come along. It's been 6/7 months. I'm fed up and worried for Christmas. Previous to losing my job I was earning 35k a year in Retail which is about €2,200 a month. Price disparity between England and Ireland is crazy for the same job.
I'll manage, because I'm only a few hundred worse off, and I was spending £50 pound to get work a month on public transport.

Reactions: 3
I work in tech, I'm on the product design side of things.

I make €40k a year. It's well below industry average but I'm just grateful to be in work. A year ago, I was on the dole with no hope.. getting more depressed as time went by. I also had about 20 different interviews before landing my current role. Tech companies can be ruthless. It's brutal out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Recruitment, basic of £23K p/a bonus was £5K p/a but that’s just been cut down to £1,200p/a. Capitalism 🌈

Also exploit men for money online with my nipples xo
Wow. Do you ever worry that in the age of screen recorders, your chats could be uploaded to a naughty site, or you will be identified by someone you know?

Reactions: 1
Up until a year ago we had a combined income of £36k a year but we set up a new property business and have earned just over £100k in the last 11 months.
We used to be incredibly poor to the point we had no electric for the meter, so to now not have to worry about money and to be able to afford new shoes is a big deal.
I sympathise with anybody struggling with money, and if our business continues to grow I fully plan on helping another family grow a business. Money isn’t everything though but it definitely helps to have it.
Wow could you please share more about what kind of property business you got into? I’ve always been interested in property, would love to buy properties and do up sell on/rent out. Well done for going for a new business venture!

Wow. Do you ever worry that in the age of screen recorders, your chats could be uploaded to a naughty site, or you will be identified by someone you know?
it’s a risk you have to take really however I strongly believe that we should be pointing the finger at those screen recording without permission and distributing said content rather than criminalising sex workers for making an honest living.

if someone I know recognises me then I’d question why they were using such sites in the first place. The secrecy goes both ways

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I work in tech, I'm on the product design side of things.

I make €40k a year. It's well below industry average but I'm just grateful to be in work. A year ago, I was on the dole with no hope.. getting more depressed as time went by. I also had about 20 different interviews before landing my current role. Tech companies can be ruthless. It's brutal out there.
I was in a similar position last year, so grateful I’ve been given a chance

• Heart
I'm a senior lawyer at a big firm in London and I earn about £160,000 a year gross. To be clear though, I work insane hours, rarely get weekends off and I am generally stressed out at all times. And do you know what, the money doesnt go that far. I have a massive mortgage on a 2 bed flat in zone 3 (not even a particularly accessible area) - all I want is to get it down to a reasonable level and then quit, to get a nicer job that may not pay as much, but would praobably be more fulfilling - but honestly, it's taken me years to repay my student loans so I have only just managed to reach the milestone of 25% equity in my flat... soon as I get to 50% I am out of here.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Legal secretary, £17500. Looking at some of these wages on here is causing me extreme jealousy (and making me wonder why I even bother going to work for 40 hours a week for buttons!)

Reactions: 13
I genuinely have no idea. I started a new job in August. My first month was pro rata. Last month I got my contracted pay and my over time. So until the end of the month I’m not sure what my full pay will be. Current earn about £800 a month no over time. I reckon it will be £10,000 as I work term time.

PS: is there a way to do adult work without showing your face? Asking for a friend....... 🤣 🤣 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
8.72 (minimum wage) 26hrs a week, term time only. Preschool practitioner.

Reactions: 1
I earn £39k per year in marketing. I think I get paid decent for what I have to do - Monday-Friday 9-5:30, don’t have to manage people, just a demanding client.

I don’t find my job very fulfilling though and my team are a bit meh but generally I really shouldn’t complain.

PS: is there a way to do adult work without showing your face? Asking for a friend....... 🤣 🤣 :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I bet there’s some sort of coronavirus face mask niche you could probably try out? 😂😂😂

I work in childcare fully qualified, qork 40 hours per week and only earn €350. (Ireland)
It's disgraceful that our TDs make €95k a year, and those with such important jobs to society (i.e. childcare workers, nurses etc) are paid pittance. It honestly makes my blood boil.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.