How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just curious for those saying they are stay at home mums, especially to the lady that seems to be getting an allowance from her husband. Do people not share bank accounts anymore?
I always thought if you are a stay at home mum, you had equal access to the bank account?
I get an allowance technically but I have access to everything just all bills except my own personal ones come out of the joint account so we don’t touch it.

Reactions: 2
I’m a SAHM with an ‘allowance’.
I don’t really view it like that. We have a joint account that covers bill, food shopping, school fees etc. I personally had a hard time taking money for nights out, hair, nails, clothes etc. Hated buying his Christmas and birthday from the joint account. I like handbags, stoped buying them as I felt guilty taking money from the account.
this way I get over my issues and can save a bit if I want big ticket items.
He also has a separate account that has his ‘play’ money in it.
I’ve always worked but stopped two years ago because my daughter had really bad anxiety and the after school care and the school she was in don’t help.
moved her private which is 40 mins away, and I do the school and club runs.
It was a hard transition for me and this way of doing money works for me.

Reactions: 15
Support worker for autistic adults. 14k a year, 35 hours weekly and after pension I take home £1100. I have 3 children and also receive benefits, so I get £800 a month but only because one child has autism.
Doesn’t include child benefit. That is £48 per week.

Why does nobody ever want to say how much they earn, even on anonymous forums 😂
So let’s do it... what’s your job, how much do you earn annually?

I’ll start.
I work in adult entertainment, on webcams. I haven’t been doing it a full year but I earn on average £2,000 a month
Can you be old and fat to do your job? Asking for me 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
your husband earns £125,000 and "pays" you £1000 a month? What's he doing with the rest of it? Hope it's in a joint bank a/c.
That's what I asked for at the beginning, I didn't like taking anything, found it really difficult when I gave up work and sitting down to talk about how much I need a month etc. So I said, just give me a grand and ill make do. If I need any more, I can have it. I dunno, always seem to have that guilt of if ive not actually worked for it then ive not earned it. I know I'm mental but staying at home these days make you feel less entitled. Maybe its just me.

Reactions: 13
I am an occupational therapist earning £40-£45k for private work. Left the NHS on £28k four years ago. Miss the NHS but the money jump has really relaxed our family budget.

Reactions: 9
That's what I asked for at the beginning, I didn't like taking anything, found it really difficult when I gave up work and sitting down to talk about how much I need a month etc. So I said, just give me a grand and ill make do. If I need any more, I can have it. I dunno, always seem to have that guilt of if ive not actually worked for it then ive not earned it. I know I'm mental but staying at home these days make you feel less entitled. Maybe its just me.
I think it’s a hard shift from working for your money to sharing money. We never had a joint account. We had a bills account and our own money. So the shift is hard. I know a joint account would be fine and he doesn’t bother. It’s my issue.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think you SAHM should feel guilty at all! I get it, I probably would also struggle accepting money BUT you ladies do the most important job which is raising children and looking after the family.
I have a lot of respect for SAHM because I could never do it

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I work for a PR agency in London and earn £45k pa, currently on mat leave

Reactions: 4
I don’t think you SAHM should feel guilty at all! I get it, I probably would also struggle accepting money BUT you ladies do the most important job which is raising children and looking after the family.
I have a lot of respect for SAHM because I could never do it
It is so bloody hard!

I'm a full time carer for my disabled husband so working outside of the home isnt possible at the moment. Benefit income is just under £1k a month for us. Hideous to have to rely on it but glad we had the chance to pay into a system during our working time that allows us to claim some of it back now.

One thing I will say, despite the disabilities and troubles they bring, we've never been happier with our lot, we live simply and enjoy our time together. When we were both working and earning decent money, we didn't get to spend quality time together and money became the focus of everything. Now we dont have any, it's one less thing to worry about.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I have a little business which only makes me around £500 per month but means I can be home with the kids. We dont gave spare cash at the end of the month really. Youngest starts school next year so I'll be going back to my career (if I can get a job after my career break lol).

Reactions: 5
PA/receptionist £25,000 work full time Monday to Friday. Some days do SFA and make myself look busy :LOL: Not sure if this is a good wage, so would like to know about others in similar position.

I'm a full time carer for my disabled husband so working outside of the home isnt possible at the moment. Benefit income is just under £1k a month for us. Hideous to have to rely on it but glad we had the chance to pay into a system during our working time that allows us to claim some of it back now.

One thing I will say, despite the disabilities and troubles they bring, we've never been happier with our lot, we live simply and enjoy our time together. When we were both working and earning decent money, we didn't get to spend quality time together and money became the focus of everything. Now we dont have any, it's one less thing to worry about.
I agree 100% with you. When I was poor I was at my happiest, as strange as that sounds.

I had nothing so had nothing to worry about. Rented a little room and ate 2 minute noodles and had fun with my friends. Now we have mortgages and family who depend on us.

PA/receptionist £25,000 work full time Monday to Friday. Some days do SFA and make myself look busy :LOL: Not sure if this is a good wage, so would like to know about others in similar position.
I think that is a reasonable amount. Depending on the industry they often look at office workers as "dead weight" because you are not earning anything. Although ofcourse you are doing the office things that does need looking after. But this is normally in manufacturing, engineering, building, etc The trade industries

Pretty decent wage. Although if you’re anything like my PA you are severely underpaid for what you do.

I work as a catering operations manager at a university. I earn £37000, but the perks working for a university are really good ( extra days off, great pension, maternity package etc) never want to leave ha!!

Reactions: 1
I work part time as a PA - my full time salary would be £29k with additional perks (great pension, private healthcare, daily lunch allowance). My OH is an FD and earns £90k (including bonus) with a tit load of stress.

I also take my hat off to SAHM. duck that!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I am an occupational therapist earning £40-£45k for private work. Left the NHS on £28k four years ago. Miss the NHS but the money jump has really relaxed our family budget.
I am an OT too, what area of practice are you in currently?

I am mid Band 6 in NHS acute mental health and my salary before tax is £32,525, I think. Not a fan of the new NHS pay scales. My basic take home is close to £1900 but I do bank shifts to top that up and also get some unsocial hours pay depending on what I work.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.