Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

screamqueen

VIP Member
She definitely reads here. She just posted about the Godiva account in her stories. For the first time ever. We need to stop advising her how to do her job.
That’s how all of these hunfluencers work. No actual clue about what they’re doing, complain Tattle is just bored middle-aged women, yet lap up and implement everything said.

Reactions: 3

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Do you know him personally or something? People in the comments mentioned him screwing over friends but how? People in the comments also mention him leaving suppliers high n dry but to be honest, companies that liquidate do that often. Cunty thing to do for sure but he's no worse than the other cunts doing the same thing.
honestly, he took it to a different level. It wasn’t just suppliers he left high & dry.

Reactions: 3

rose93x

I think she has paid for followers for the Godiva page, how can you have 5k followers then 10-50 likes on each post. Very suspicious Honey!

Reactions: 2

tarotbaby

I can't believe he had the cheek to call the reviewer a sociopath while he was behaving like that. Absolutely pathetic. Most new places would be absolutely delighted with a 4 star review. Totally agree that the reviewer should change to a 1 star! Absolute bellend.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they are now flooded with shit reviews after his little outburst. What a dick.

I don’t think arming women for profit with a keyring was the point in all this.
Surely it was to point out how ridiculous it is that at some point most, If not all women, have had to consider arming themselves with a key for their safety.

Surely it would just be better to tell your misogynistic pals that you’re not going to accept their shit anymore?

No profit in that though...

Just saw they’re opening a bar in Glasgow in addition to the Mexican place. That is potentially tens of thousands of pounds in refitting. Where do they get the money from to do this, I wonder? Probably just opening new lines of credit.
Mexican place isn’t theirs.
Mexican place belongs to the guys who didn’t pay their bills at Al Challtain and also Playground Festival.
(99% sure)

As for the expansion, does mummy and daddy have deep pockets?

There parent company are also opening another bar in the west end and apparently 3 more this summer wtf https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/bull-great-western-road-take-20433243
Oh I see now. A large conglomerate owns everything and they will just be paid a wage for managing the bar.
This seems to be the thing for large companies, buy into growing independent areas by masking their tracks.
Hope they don’t get screwed by Abandon Shop.

Vanilla Sorbet

Thanks for making this thread! I've always been really suspicious of all these Scottish influencers, especially Richard. At first I thought they all seemed cool as fuck fell out of love with them shortly after. I mentioned on the Betty thread that I had an old coworker who knew her and wasn't fond of her but I also know someone who (kind of) knows Rich who just told me he was a prick when he saw me wearing a Not Everything Sucks t shirt.

He always seems to have a new idea, be super into it and then it just kinda dies. The pink shop in Dundee, Hard Grind collabs, being a literal barber(or am I making that up), wall art commissions, tattoo apprenticeship, pop up shops where the pink shop was, his bar......the list goes on. Oh actually is their bar still going?

I thought it was odd they opened an AS shop in Dundee and not Glasgow. I'm not regularly in Dundee but it's not really got the same traffic as Glasgow does for his branding. But it would make sense considering they pissed off the whole of Glasgow due to their mismanagement.

As a couple they always seem obsessed with the next thing and next bandwagon.

I'd love to know the Hard Grind drama. When I was last in Dundee (2019), I wanted to visit the cafe as it looked amazing on insta and it was shut randomly. I remember AS when they had their wee pink shop would sometimes not open (Insta polls - "should we open today or nah" constantly) so I'm assuming it was probably a similar thing.

femmegirly

Chatty Member
Looking at Amanda’s profile, I can’t even figure out what job she’s looking for. I thought her most recent incarnation was an interior designer lol

Her Instagram posts for that Edinburgh boutique were awful and had no engagement. Hardly a ‘proven track record’.

Like her husband, she also needs to eat some humble pie and start at the bottom of the ladder in an assistant role. Especially in London, they are tiny fishes in a fucking massive pond where everyone will be better educated, better connected, and will have credible industry experience, rather than running their own vanity projects. And that’s before you take their negative press into consideration.

Last edited:
The first time I heard anything remotely dodge was when abandon ship were liquidating and he donated loads of brand new jackets to oxfam or something, and made the papers. Claiming they were slightly damaged goods as the zip went up the wrong side (or something alone those lines, maybe not that exactly but there was some sort of defect) Turns out that this was being done/donated rather than the businesses assets being repossessed 😂 can’t pay we’ll take it away

Found the article, it was actually shelter! https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ip-apparel-ps13k-donation-shelter-1487728?amp
Jacketgate completely passed me by! I’m torn between wanting the stock sold so that the creditors can be paid, and wanting them gifted to charity to benefit the homeless. He probably though he was doing a good thing.

I remember seeing this. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ward-winning-fashion-boss-accused-7201438.amp

Speaks volumes that he never sent through a statement...

Remember when he set himself up as a business consultant??? Why is it always people who’s businesses all fail that think they can tell others what to do to succeed?

Last edited:

discodanman

I feel like her content (not that is was really my thing to begin with) is really poor, awkward and lacking in any sort creativity. She looks like she’s is trying so hard to appear cool and natural. I’ve noticed she has changed her sort of output of content since things started going downhill with the abandon ship shite

good for them! baffles me how rich and amanda can chalk this up as unjustified “online hate” and so turn off comments on their social media when in reality rich’s actions have had real negative repercussions on the lives of his employees (and those unfortunate enough to be called in for a disco shift at abandon ship!) hospitality workers are taken advantage of so frequently bc a lot of them are young and don’t have any real knowledge of unions/legal issues, and so opportunists (ie rich) can just use & abuse their labour. really great work that unite are doing, really disrupting the industry and holding those cheeky bastarts accountable! ✊🏼
You’re so right. They’ve done well enough that they could get a mortgage and buy the things that they want for their house etc but they don’t want to give anyone else a leg up. Or even just to give them fair working rights/a decent workplace.
Selfish.

We need to see actions from them- not words and platitudes that you can sell on a tshirt.

fcukthispoo

how many times has she tried to reinvent herself? vegan, blogger, fashion writer, vintage shop owner and now....decorator. ok, hen.

• Haha