HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m very lucky that my brother contributes monthly to my daughters savings as I was desperate to be able to provide her with a nest egg for something important. I top it up slightly to £100 a month and wish it could be more. BUT I also take her on days out, holdays and memory making occasions which Shan seems to not do I think she’s scared to take them both out she’s said it in as many words about even with ash she worries about taking them out. Shes in a good financial position I can’t believe she doensy do more with them!

Reactions: 1
I'm glad she's saving money for them - considering she uses them for content & it's because of them she has an income from social media it would be shameful if she didn't.
I don't know why she doesn't do anything nice with them, if it was about lack of money then I'd understand (sort of), but also not really because you can find so many free or low cost things to do if you seek them out. And it's not about money for her. I guess she chooses to spend her "free" time filming and "editing" (in quotation marks because I question whether she even edits her videos anymore, they're that tit 😂) whereas I spend a lot of the free time I get while babies are sleeping researching things to do with them, planning out our week, looking up free things that are going on in the community, museum exhibits, play groups, if there are any good deals /offers on things like the zoo etc. I just took my 4 month old and 16 month old to Chester zoo yesterday on my own and my 16 month old loved it!!! I loved being there with them even if some parts were a little bit difficult to manage on my own, I'd hate to just never do anything just because it's a bit tricky.

I think I'm the only tattler who doesn't hate a play centre tho! my daughter loves climbing more than anything and if I'm honest, she enjoyed the zoo but I think she has more fun at the play centre hahah. The one my mum took me to when I was a kid was like... my favourite place on earth... this may be quite sad but I don't have a lot of memories from childhood but I sure as hell remember the "death slide" at the play centre. I get that Shan probably only loves going because she can sit back with a coffee and chill out though - I don't have that luxury yet cause my daughters too little to go in without me!

Did Shan ever go on holiday before having kids? she strikes me as being someone who wasn't that bothered about doing anything exciting even before having children. She's basic.

Reactions: 4
In her latest reel she says she thinks she was at at softplay 104 last year. That's nearly twice a week?!?! It's not just me that thinks that's excessive? I don't mind going with my toddler but even to me that seems a lot?!

Reactions: 3
It's not even that she doesn't do days out etc it's that she does nothing! All my kids are outdoorsy kids and I prefer to be out than in so I've always been a regular at baby groups and soft play.
But also, I've set up a veg patch in the garden, our garden is zoned off so the kids have a proper place to play, we walk the dog taking scooters, bikes, we chalk bricks on the wall all different colours, we do crafts (which I hate with a passion). G is like a zombie stuck in front of the TV or wilding out at soft play. He's 3 now, there is loads she could be doing with him and yes yes yes you have a baby but H could still get involved. Everyone in that house is constantly slumped in front of the TV.

I take my toddler and baby to soft play twice a week 🙈 I bought a monthly pass for £20 because my toddler loves it. But we also go to playgroups, museums, parks, farms etc, I can't think of anything worse than spending all day at home with cartoons on.
I didn't watch her latest vlog, but apart from the child benefit does she put any of her own money into their savings?

Reactions: 2
I don’t necessarily hate soft plays as my son enjoys them and I do go occasionally on a term time week day on my days off (unless it’s a weekend then I definitely do hate them) but twice a week seems very excessive when she only had 3 days off anyway. To me there is far better places to go where you can all enjoy it as a family like what’s already been mentioned here. It’s just the only thing she can come up with where she can sit on her arse with her head in her phone ignoring her child. It’s the reason she’s enrolled him in swimming aswell, she can just send him in and not have to get involved.

Reactions: 1
She just doesn't like being a 'present' mother at all.
Then she blames it on 'post partum depression'. 🤐

I take my toddler and baby to soft play twice a week 🙈 I bought a monthly pass for £20 because my toddler loves it. But we also go to playgroups, museums, parks, farms etc, I can't think of anything worse than spending all day at home with cartoons on.
I didn't watch her latest vlog, but apart from the child benefit does she put any of her own money into their savings?
I do once or twice a week to be fair but I am at home more. I got an annual pass for £60 for term time so it works out so cheap. Saying that though, it’s 9.30 and I’ve already taken my kids to feed the ducks and to the park. I’ll bet G has been slumped in front of that TV all morning.

I think it’s all about balance. She has a big enough kitchen where she could chill in there and let G run in and out of the garden whilst she potters about in there, rather than eating his toast in front of paw patrol. There’s just no need for it in my opinion. The weather is getting better. She should be out there getting those steps in and taking in that fresh air. I appreciate the effort it takes getting two kids out the door but if you’re just popping out on a local walk, as long as you’ve packed a kids their coats, drink, packet of wipes and any medication if needed, you can be out the door in 5/10 minutes.

I also think she massively struggled / struggles with having the two kids, based on her constant reels / stories / YouTube. She was obviously just about managing to keep her head above water with one child and then having another tipped over the edge.

She’s too immature (and that is nothing to do with her age) because she’s obsessed with making it as a social media influencer, rather than focusing her time and energy on motherhood. She’s spreading herself too thin; if she cut out the social media I think she’d find her life a bit easier.

She’s spreading herself too thin; if she cut out the social media I think she’d find her life a bit easier.
But then... how would she fund her jet-setter lifestyle with ALL the money she makes from social media? 😏

• Haha
I'd love to know what reasons made her decide she wanted to have 2 children. One was probably to try get the girl she wanted. But other than her wanting the whole traditional BS of married with 2 children and a dog, why did she do it?

I love the idea of two children but I know I'd really struggle personally having to go through it all again. I'm still not 100% sure if we are done as life is getting easier with my toddler so I'm still open to the idea, but it's because I want to be as present as possible for my second (as much as it is possible with 2+ kids) as I was able to be with my first but also still be present with my first. It baffles me how many people I know have 2 kids because it's the "done thing" and then they constantly complain how they have no life, always tired, when will they have dinner in peace etc etc. It was their choice to do that, deal with it!!

I'd love to know what reasons made her decide she wanted to have 2 children. One was probably to try get the girl she wanted. But other than her wanting the whole traditional BS of married with 2 children and a dog, why did she do it?

I love the idea of two children but I know I'd really struggle personally having to go through it all again. I'm still not 100% sure if we are done as life is getting easier with my toddler so I'm still open to the idea, but it's because I want to be as present as possible for my second (as much as it is possible with 2+ kids) as I was able to be with my first but also still be present with my first. It baffles me how many people I know have 2 kids because it's the "done thing" and then they constantly complain how they have no life, always tired, when will they have dinner in peace etc etc. It was their choice to do that, deal with it!!
Strangely, it's become a bit of a trend to whinge about the kids you decided to have and find motherhood oh so difficult.
I'm not saying that it isn't hard but the way people go on is getting ridiculous. As usual shan has jumped on the trend. Getting out of the door is perfectly doable for thousands of mums every day. She's a wet wipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I think her decision was very heavily motivated by the idea that her social media presence would grow.

I get what you mean about things getting easier. I (madly!) wanted a third for a while but now that my youngest is over 1, life is easier out of the baby years. The idea of a third now fills me with horror 😂. I still can’t get over her suggesting she might have a third. That’s one of the worst ideas she’s ever shared online.

• Wow
Strangely, it's become a bit of a trend to whinge about the kids you decided to have and find motherhood oh so difficult.
I'm not saying that it isn't hard but the way people go on is getting ridiculous. As usual shan has jumped on the trend. Getting out of the door is perfectly doable for thousands of mums every day. She's a wet wipe.
I agree with all of this! I have a two and a half year old boy and an almost 3 week old baby girl. I wouldn't say it's easy at all but I don't feel completely exasperated and stuck in a hell hole like these insta mums make out 🥴🥴 I manage to get my boy to nursery 3 mornings a week no problem and to the park/soft play/coffee shop etc on the other days 🤷‍♀️ not saying it doesn't come with its dramas some days but a bit of organisation is usually all it takes!

It’s soooo hard not to comment “shut the duck up whinging” on her reels but I don’t want to get blocked I like to hate follow lol

• Haha
It’s soooo hard not to comment “shut the duck up whinging” on her reels but I don’t want to get blocked I like to hate follow lol
Same!!! I merely liked a negative comment on Kate Lawlers Instagram once (someone else I liked to hate follow) and she blocked me so don't want to lose the only other one I have left 😂

If you want a synopsis of her new vlog:

Skin&me advert

There seems to be no actual "routine" as Geroge and Ash basically watch tv/play Xbox while she cooks dinner. I usually make dinner earlier in the day then it just needs reheating at actual mealtime which is so much easier, especially after nursery. Don't see why she can't maybe do that especially while she's still on mat leave?!

George falls asleep in living room while she's in kitchen and Ash is bathing Halle.

Leaves George with Ash to go do a workout (which is absolutely fine) but he's still awake when she's finished an hour later?!

Ends with another skin&me plug.

I don't understand why she doesn't use the outhouse office thing in the garden they have to workout in? She says George hears here downstairs so doesn’t settle. Why not use that space?!

You're welcome 😊🤣

• Heart
Possibly a random thing to nitpick at but I’m going to, because I find her phrasing odd.

Mother’s Day post on insta, “Even if they don’t always show it, you really do mean the entire world to your littlies.” I just think this emphasises her absolute narcissism. Why would her children need to “show it”? They’re 3 and 0! She’s in charge of showing affection, not expecting it the other way around!

Reactions: 10
Same!!! I merely liked a negative comment on Kate Lawlers Instagram once (someone else I liked to hate follow) and she blocked me so don't want to lose the only other one I have left 😂

If you want a synopsis of her new vlog:

Skin&me advert

There seems to be no actual "routine" as Geroge and Ash basically watch tv/play Xbox while she cooks dinner. I usually make dinner earlier in the day then it just needs reheating at actual mealtime which is so much easier, especially after nursery. Don't see why she can't maybe do that especially while she's still on mat leave?!

George falls asleep in living room while she's in kitchen and Ash is bathing Halle.

Leaves George with Ash to go do a workout (which is absolutely fine) but he's still awake when she's finished an hour later?!

Ends with another skin&me plug.

I don't understand why she doesn't use the outhouse office thing in the garden they have to workout in? She says George hears here downstairs so doesn’t settle. Why not use that space?!

You're welcome 😊🤣
it was only 7, so if he’dfallen asleep at half 5 then woken up like, no wonder he was awake? That’s surely too early for a kid that is usually going to bed much much later? Wasn’t this the issue she had before George was napping wasaaay too late in the day?
---
Nice to see her doing some self care but does she have to do it while naked? Just put a dressing gown on 😭

In her latest reel she says she thinks she was at at softplay 104 last year. That's nearly twice a week?!?! It's not just me that thinks that's excessive? I don't mind going with my toddler but even to me that seems a lot?!
This seems excessive seeing as wasn’t George in nursery full time or almost full time?

it was only 7, so if he’dfallen asleep at half 5 then woken up like, no wonder he was awake? That’s surely too early for a kid that is usually going to bed much much later? Wasn’t this the issue she had before George was napping wasaaay too late in the day?
---
Nice to see her doing some self care but does she have to do it while naked? Just put a dressing gown on 😭
I don’t know why she woke him up either. Just put the boy to bed if it’s half 5 and asleep on the sofa. He’s clearly exhausted!