HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How altruistic of her. And of course she would still continue to do this to help other mummas (who she wont speak to) even if she wasn't paid for it...

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Halle has gone from not taking to weaning to having French toast in the space of a week 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
If she did give up work she’d have no nursery fees (would be better for George to still be in nursery part time for his sake though) wonder if ash would have to pay exactly half what childcare would cost down to the penny to her if she did cancel nursery!

Reactions: 3
Halle has gone from not taking to weaning to having French toast in the space of a week 😂🤷🏻‍♀️
She also couldn't sit up at all and now all of a sudden she can do that too 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
---
If she did give up work she’d have no nursery fees (would be better for George to still be in nursery part time for his sake though) wonder if ash would have to pay exactly half what childcare would cost down to the penny to her if she did cancel nursery!
She won't take George out of nursery, She will be getting 30 free hours now so she won't give that up and even if she decides not to go back to work she will still get 15. I think she's using it as context for something to talk about

She also couldn't sit up at all and now all of a sudden she can do that too 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
---

She won't take George out of nursery, She will be getting 30 free hours now so she won't give that up and even if she decides not to go back to work she will still get 15. I think she's using it as context for something to talk about
She’ll still get 30 for him as long as she’s earning over whatever the minimum is that you need from her YouTube ad revenue

---

The issue was probably more about how much her costs will increase once she also puts H into nursery as her maternity leave runs its course, and whether with two children in childcare it made more financial sense for her to go back part time, full time, or not at all.

I found it ironic coming from someone whose financial advice on how to afford maternity leave was simply 'put 2K aside for every month you are off' and then proceeded to show off about how much spare income she has and is able to save.

Yet she is counting pennies about whether she can afford to return to work. I can imagine her doing a spreadsheet about this 😂

But with so much spare income, couldnt she just use it to pay for nurseries?

But with so much spare income, couldnt she just use it to pay for nurseries?
While I completely agree that the cost of childcare is ridiculous, she probably begrudges having to pay for it at all (don't we all but we know it's not so just deal with it) But yes she could easily have put her "extra" maternity pay towards that. However I sense she probably had to do it as their finances were probably still split 50/50 while she's been on mat leave. Which is ridiculous to me.
Part of me wouldn't be surprised if she had to pay more towards the gas and electricity bills because she's been at home all day while on mat leave. 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This just isn't the story she wants to portray of complete financial stability due to her ever growing social media income though.

Maybe it's just me but I find it quite amusing 😀

So I'm ill in bed so just watched the new vlog, I was hoping it'd help me fall asleep. 🤣

I have very basic savings knowledge (my husband deals with that side) but she said George has £3500 in his stocks and shares ISA at the moment by putting in £80/month for the last 3 years. Without interest, 80 times 42 months is £3360 so she hasn't made much money out of it so far. I get it's a long term investment but it's also dependent on the market so it's a bit hit and miss really. If he also had a Cash ISA, fairly sure he'd have more money than that already which she could put some of that money into her stocks and shares one if she wanted?!

She claims she's "passionate" about savings but basically just talked about one particular type of savings account and shared an online calculator that shows projected money from your savings without explaining it into simple terms for people that have zero understanding. She also said she used moneysavingexpert, which is what most people tend to do anyway. She probably thinks she's Martin Lewis 😂 She's not passionate about savings, she's passionate about having money 😂

Reactions: 1
Haven’t watched it and won’t watch it but what’s the point in stashing all this money and not spending any of it towards their actual chidlhood? I’m sure the kids would rather have wonderful memories of their childhood and been on lots of trips/holidays with their parents to look back on fondly rather than them having the most miserable childhood but a stash of money. Their only memories will be of a camera being constantly shoved at them filming every detail of their lives and their mother complaining relentlessly about them.

Last edited:
Compound interest grows over the years, and averages around 7% growth (inflation adjusted) per year historically. Some years are less, some are more, but the way she has it set up means he’ll have a decent amount by the time he’s 18. We put in 150 per month for our daughter. Shan’s just rubbish at explaining it 😂

So I'm ill in bed so just watched the new vlog, I was hoping it'd help me fall asleep. 🤣

I have very basic savings knowledge (my husband deals with that side) but she said George has £3500 in his stocks and shares ISA at the moment by putting in £80/month for the last 3 years. Without interest, 80 times 42 months is £3360 so she hasn't made much money out of it so far. I get it's a long term investment but it's also dependent on the market so it's a bit hit and miss really. If he also had a Cash ISA, fairly sure he'd have more money than that already which she could put some of that money into her stocks and shares one if she wanted?!

She claims she's "passionate" about savings but basically just talked about one particular type of savings account and shared an online calculator that shows projected money from your savings without explaining it into simple terms for people that have zero understanding. She also said she used moneysavingexpert, which is what most people tend to do anyway. She probably thinks she's Martin Lewis 😂 She's not passionate about savings, she's passionate about having money 😂
I'm really passionate about aerospace engineering too. I have never done a degree (or ay type of course) in the subject, or spoken to any advisors or experts. But I am very passionate. I have however watched loads of TV shows and youtube videos on the topic.

Would you trust me to give you advice as to how to make a rocket?
---
Haven’t watched it and won’t watch it but what’s the point in stashing all this money and not spending any of it towards their actual chidlhood? I’m sure the kids would rather have wonderful memories of their childhood and been on lots of trips/holidays with their parents to look back on fondly rather than them having the most miserable childhood but a stash of money.
Not defending her (because I'd hate to do that), but there is nothing wrong with saving for your child's future. In fact it has been a criticism of Shan that has been discussed in previous posts how she has never mentioned G's savings.

In this day and age, unless you are loaded, if you want your kids to have a good education, or even a down-payment for a house in the future you have to start saving for them now. I don't think putting £80 aside a month is a lot of money, but I am sure that depends on each family.

She chooses not to go on trips, and I don't think that's out of lack of funds, but lack of a personality.

Reactions: 5
I'm really passionate about aerospace engineering too. I have never done a degree (or ay type of course) in the subject, or spoken to any advisors or experts. But I am very passionate. I have however watched loads of TV shows and youtube videos on the topic.

---

Not defending her (because I'd hate to do that), but there is nothing wrong with saving for your child's future. In fact it has been a criticism of Shan that has been discussed in previous posts how she has never mentioned G's savings.

In this day and age, unless you are loaded, if you want your kids to have a good education, or even a down-payment for a house in the future you have to start saving for them now. I don't think putting £80 aside a month is a lot of money, but I am sure that depends on each family.

She chooses not to go on trips, and I don't think that's out of lack of funds, but lack of a personality.
Yes I know their is nothing wrong with saving for your child’s future, but I don’t think that should not be in place of spending it on their actual childhood and depriving them memories/taking them nice places when you can afford to do so (maybe I should of said that in the initial post) We manage do both so i’m more than sure she will be able to do that too, which she absolutely doesn’t. As I said I haven’t watched the vlog and don’t intend to so don’t know how much she is saving but just my opinion.

I don't even know you and I think I'd trust you'd give more detailed and useful information in how to build a rocket than Shan did for explaining anything in her savings vlog. 😂

• Haha
Yes I know their is nothing wrong with saving for your child’s future, but I don’t think that should not be in place of spending it on their actual childhood and depriving them memories/taking them nice places when you can afford to do so (maybe I should of said that in the initial post) We manage do both so i’m more than sure she will be able to do that too, which she absolutely doesn’t. As I said I haven’t watched the vlog and don’t intend to so don’t know how much she is saving but just my opinion.
Ah ok - I honestly don't think she is saving to deprive them now. She spends a fair bit on cr@ppy toys for G and Halle only so she can later the amazon kickbacks :D I think she doesn't like or want to do family holidays or experiences. Even if we all know it would help her content.

I've taken my kids to a Gruffalo trail, the Zoo, aquarium, beaches, and all sorts of different experiences. Shan either doesn't like those or hasn't got the creativity to think of things to do!

Ah ok - I honestly don't think she is saving to deprive them now. She spends a fair bit on cr@ppy toys for G and Halle only so she can later the amazon kickbacks :D I think she doesn't like or want to do family holidays or experiences. Even if we all know it would help her content.

I've taken my kids to a Gruffalo trail, the Zoo, aquarium, beaches, and all sorts of different experiences. Shan either doesn't like those or hasn't got the creativity to think of things to do!
The list is endless. So much to do with toddlers that they will love, but no, if George is lucky enough to be taken anywhere it’s to the same old soft play week after week 🤯

• Haha
She's probably just desperate to get given freebies to places like Legoland and the likes so doesn't have to use her own money for it.
I can't remember off the top of my head but I'm sure in a previous "budgeting" video she only puts aside like £50 for days out. I don't know what kind of softplay she goes to but after entry and drinks and snacks, it's usually £20 minimum a visit.

• Heart
I'm way north of her where everything is cheaper and softplay is a minimum of £20 too like you say.

But she could go to a beach or a forest near her for free and even a local playground. Ours is always packed as long as it isnt raining. She could even make friends there. Many places have huge discounts if you go mid week or early mornings which she can do on maternity. Our local aquarium is less than half price at those times. There is also a trampoline park near us that is cheaper mid week. Bet George would love that sorta place too