HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the new vlog where she’s talking about George in soft play where he had the beanbag and threw it at the table of squash, if she’s asked him several times to stop it and he hasn’t why hasn’t she gone over, taken the beanbag off him and moved him from where he was. No point being gentle if he isn’t listening because that’s not teaching him. The parents must have been more shocked at her parenting not him throwing it 🤯
I was dumbfounded by that too. I mean honestly, just take it off him. Yes he might have kicked off but it would've been less trouble than the whole juice incident that evolved!
I wouldn't describe myself as a gentle parent but it's examples like this that give them a bad name. Clearly her word means nothing either and there are no consequences to negative behaviour. She didn't have to discipline him in front of the party guests but could've dealt with it once they got home!

Reactions: 1
I can't get my head around how much time she spends chatting to the camera or messing around with a cup of tea while the kids are watching tv or sitting in the same room as her? I can't imagine sitting my child in another room watching tv on their own while talking about them as if they're not there! You can hear Halle fussing away in the background as well, it looks like she's just sitting in her high chair doing sweet F.A.

My time to grab a cup of tea and have my own down time is while my L.O is having a nap... same with most of the cleaning.
It's kind of ironic how much she complains about how hard motherhood is yet she spends a lot of time away from her kids with them in another room letting them do as they please.

My kids are relatively well behaved but there is no way I would let them out of my sight at home. They already do things that could be dangerous for them while I'm there (like grabbing some scissors, or climbing something they shouldn't). If you are not around as a parent you have to accept there could be serious consequences.

Reactions: 2
I was dumbfounded by that too. I mean honestly, just take it off him. Yes he might have kicked off but it would've been less trouble than the whole juice incident that evolved!
I wouldn't describe myself as a gentle parent but it's examples like this that give them a bad name. Clearly her word means nothing either and there are no consequences to negative behaviour. She didn't have to discipline him in front of the party guests but could've dealt with it once they got home!
I can’t bring myself to watch the video, what did he do?

I can’t bring myself to watch the video, what did he do?
Kept throwing a bean bag at the table of food. S didn’t want to intervene because parents might judge her and he wouldn’t listen to her. He ended up knocking three jugs of juice over other parents’ legs because she didn’t discipline her child.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Where can I watch the beanbag event I don’t want to watch the whole video if someone could give me a rough time please

George if you want to throw the beanbag please move to [insert safe space to throw] let me show you, throw it mummy, ah well done. Now you catch, good catch George you're good at this.

Problem solved.

If he won't stop throwing it it's George I'm going to take the beanbag because it's not safe to throw it near the food and drinks. [Insert tantrum] I know babe, you love throwing let's go over here and we can throw together.

Unfortunately both options mean she has to interact with G and that's where she fails at gentle parenting. Gentle parenting is about holding a firm boundary whilst empathising how hard it is to follow but staying consistent and providing the same message.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
George if you want to throw the beanbag please move to [insert safe space to throw] let me show you, throw it mummy, ah well done. Now you catch, good catch George you're good at this.

Problem solved.

If he won't stop throwing it it's George I'm going to take the beanbag because it's not safe to throw it near the food and drinks. [Insert tantrum] I know babe, you love throwing let's go over here and we can throw together.

Unfortunately both options mean she has to interact with G and that's where she fails at gentle parenting. Gentle parenting is about holding a firm boundary whilst empathising how hard it is to follow but staying consistent and providing the same message.
Bravo!! This is exactly how I would approach it. Either provide an alternative, rather than saying 'don't', which toddlers hate! or gently explain why its not a good idea to do something explaining consequences.

Too much effort for Shan it seems. Rather let other parents suffer the consequences 🙄

• Heart
Omg the bean bag incident, I'd be fuming if I was the parents sat at the table! She has a stupid smirk on her face when talking about it like she couldn't give a tit. Why was she just sitting watching it happen? It's honestly no wonder why she has no friends, who'd want to be around her and her child with that kind of behaviour? I can imagine him to be that kid at nursery who's constantly snatching and hitting. I can't stand these parents who refuse to parent their kids, I see them every time I take my little boy out and it's getting absolutely ridiculous.

She popped up on my FYP page on tik tok yesterday and it was a video of her in the car telling George to get his seat belt on, she had a look of pure hatred towards him and the facial expressions from her were so disturbing, I'd really hate to see how she parents him behind closed doors/when the cameras are off if she is happy to show this to the world. The fact she reckons she tries and gentle parents is absolutely HILARIOUS, there isn't a single gentle bone in her body.

Reactions: 3
Filming an insta story as a passive aggressive way to talk to your child is next level insane narcissist behaviour wtffffff

Wonder if she actually realises her brand now is “tit manic parent” I mean just look at her feed
Wow well spotted!!! I was LOLing so much looking at that snapshot of her feed you posted 🤣 Her brand is whinging and complaining about her eldest kid which misbehaves as a result of her lack of parenting skills.

Filming an insta story as a passive aggressive way to talk to your child is next level insane narcissist behaviour wtffffff

Wonder if she actually realises her brand now is “tit manic parent” I mean just look at her feed
tit maniac parent 🤣 perfect way to describe her at the minute really

• Haha

I actually thought that when she shared yet another reel about how hard her life is as a parent but in reality she's just constantly berating George.

I actually thought that when she shared yet another reel about how hard her life is as a parent but in reality she's just constantly berating George.
Is that the seatbelt one?

She obviously disagrees but unless she chains him to the car, the only other viable solution is speaking to him and explaining things properly. She says words won't cut it, but she doesn't particularly have a great way with words when it comes to George.

Reactions: 1
It’s the fact she’s like, filming for instagram as a way to threaten him. Looking over at him while she’s talking to her phone - vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
One word.....Hansen 🤣 no idea what she's doing with her hair.

Also, who's 3 year old gets into their chair and puts their own seatbelt on???? Just curious because she makes out like he's so incapable but she has unrealistic expectations

Screenshot_2024-05-22-17-55-11-83_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg
Shan, what bedtime routine?! You're vlogs and Instagram make it quite apparent there is no routine. She clearly thinks because she uses the now and next cards now that her life is full of routine.
---
Can't edit but noticed my typo. Your vlogs... Not you're vlog 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
My kids quite like the bedtime routine. Nice bath, cuddles, 1 on 1 time, story, stroking their little cheeks. Husband cleaning the kitchen. It's the best part of the day.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh my goodness I've just watched the car seat video. She is really lost. I'm all for being gentle where possible but not when a child is unbuckling themselves while the car is moving. She tries to bribe him with sugar - this makes it seem like it's a negotiation and he'll get a treat whenever he does it. Then says we'll stop for 5 minutes and have a cuddle - now he knows he can get 5 minutes of cuddles whenever he fancies if he unbuckles himself.

I've been incredibly fortunate that my 4 year old only ever unbuckles himself once we're parked and the engine is off (we've explained why this is critical and he understands) but if he did this and being stern didn't work I'd show him videos of car seat safety tests and what happens to unrestrained passengers in accidents. She loves to play the victim and make out that she's tried everything and he can't be stopped, but this is basic safety and it's her job to figure something out even if it's hard.

Bedtime is my favourite part of the day. Just put my 11 and 12 year olds to bed.

My eldest has always been hard work, I did query autism when she was 4 or 5 but was told by school and gp she's how she is because I'm a single parent so I've just gone all these years thinking it's my fault. Also I'm an only child so don't know what's normal for siblings. Tonight I had to rescue little sister from the bathroom where she'd locked them both in and wouldn't let her out